Slash and The Conspirators 2024 tour

On 3/30/2024 at 2:36 PM, Free Bird said:

Was the Arena in Dublin packed? How was the response from the audience?

The 3 arena holds about 13 - 15k people. Big bands typically play there including the likes of Aerosmith and Maiden. 

Although it wasn’t sold out, it was fairly packed considering it was a solo guitarists show on a Thursday night. Maybe 8 - 10k were there and people seemed to be really into it around me. 

I will say though, while playing in a bigger arena like this, it certainly wouldn’t hurt to throw in something like SCOM and/or PC. 

• Like 1

Slash has said several times in the past that he's not doing those GnR songs with SMKC anymore now that he's back with GnR, so people shouldn't expect them. It's cool that he's doing DDM and BA as deep cuts but it's not expected that there will always be a GnR song there. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Slash has said several times in the past that he's not doing those GnR songs with SMKC anymore now that he's back with GnR, so people shouldn't expect them. It's cool that he's doing DDM and BA as deep cuts but it's not expected that there will always be a GnR song there. 

I wonder would Slash have a clause in his GNR arrangement that would prevent him from playing the bigger GNR songs.

51 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I actually think it’s kinda cool and ballsy to play in a pretty big arena and play 7 or 8 songs off a new album. Wish Guns would take note 

But if he really wants positive reviews and to win over more casuals, it wouldn’t be any harm to throw them a bone. 

28 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

No he doesn't.

I don't think he cares about winning over casuals, they're playing what they want to play.

For me the casuals are the most annoying thing about a SMKC show. They don't know what's going to be played, get upset because they don't know any of the songs, complain about no GnR being played, etc 

I remember going to see Velvet Revolver back in 05 and the crowd started chanting Guns N Roses :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

How's the UK/Ireland tour going so far? Thinking of getting last minute tickets....recommended? I've seen Slash solo once before and that's before he got back with Axl, so the set was quite GNR heavy....so will be a different vibe now? I'm happy just to witness his talent....

18 hours ago, axl666 said:

I wonder would Slash have a clause in his GNR arrangement that would prevent him from playing the bigger GNR songs.

Surely not. But why the hell would he go on a solo tour and play the songs he plays all the time with GNR instead some of his (and the other member's) own? Doesn't make any sense at all. People who want to hear GNR songs should go there, people who want to hear SMKC songs will go there. Should he get kicked out or leave GNR again, it would make sense for more GNR songs to creep back in, as the SMKC gigs will be the only ones he's doing and the only place you can hear GNR songs with Slash.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Surely not. But why the hell would he go on a solo tour and play the songs he plays all the time with GNR instead some of his (and the other member's) own? Doesn't make any sense at all. People who want to hear GNR songs should go there, people who want to hear SMKC songs will go there. Should he get kicked out or leave GNR again, it would make sense for more GNR songs to creep back in, as the SMKC gigs will be the only ones he's doing and the only place you can hear GNR songs with Slash.

Yeah I doubt theres anything to do with contracts.  Slash probobly feels and reasonably so that GNR songs have been played pretty heavily on tour around the world the last few years so mix it up a little and play more of his songs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Went to Newcastle and it was ridiculously good. Small theatre venue, so much energy, just phenomenal. 

Honestly, just get a ticket if you can- I promise you won't regret it. 

It's good he's not playing GNR stuff in my view. He plays this stuff with so much energy there would be no point whatsoever in seeing him run through SCOM on autopilot. It's not GNR- and the show is all the better for that. 

Totally different vibe now yeah - fast, heavy rock show. Get a ticket for somewhere if you can! 

I'm actually happy it's sans GNR...as that would take away with his work with Axl now and stupid Myles VS Axl comparison would smoke on and on (more)...cool to get Bad Apples or Don't Damn tho! My option is more of an arena, yours sounding much more down and sweaty! Ya! I think I'll rock up though! You never know when these legends might just keal over...and in Slash's case, it probably WILL be on some stage somewhere....😝

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Exactly ..it made sense before ....certainly not now....AND even before he only did 6 or 7 most nights 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

I'm actually happy it's sans GNR...as that would take away with his work with Axl now and stupid Myles VS Axl comparison would smoke on and on (more)...cool to get Bad Apples or Don't Damn tho! My option is more of an arena, yours sounding much more down and sweaty! Ya! I think I'll rock up though! You never know when these legends might just keal over...and in Slash's case, it probably WILL be on some stage somewhere....😝

Go for it! Which one you going to go to? 

The Myles/Axl stuff is a waste of time. He's a great performer, puts everything in, different style. I like both singers! 

On 4/1/2024 at 7:06 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Not expected true, but the set lacks songs to hold a large crowds attention. 

I saw the Dublin gig and the first 3 songs were really poor choices, I watched the crowd go for euphoria at seeing Slash to then being kinda sedate until he played something better or more well known. Now the crowd was pretty into it for the most part though, but they were not buying the material that's come since WOF that's for sure... with the exception of the Elton John cover. Biggest songs of the night were from the first 3 solo albums Starlight, Wicked stone, You're a lie. That River is rising song is a flat piece of cardboard live

If he's not playing GNR (besides Don't damn me/bad apples) he should at least throw in some Velvet revolver. But my big take away from the show was that Slash's solo material on its own is not up to the task of entertaining an arena, fine for a club. The sound was pretty rubbish too, apparently it was the same when they played England. 

Mammoth were pretty good though, his voice is incredible (as was Myles's) and his guitar work was spot on! Guitar player of the night without question. Now the songs aren't always my cup of tea, but I would have preferred a slightly longer Mammoth set (better sound too).

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Go for it! Which one you going to go to? 

The Myles/Axl stuff is a waste of time. He's a great performer, puts everything in, different style. I like both singers! 

What was your highlight ? Thinking of travelling to Glasgow as the best GNR experience I ever had was there a few decades ago! Amazing crowd. Wish it was Barrow lands though....like when Slash played with Biffy there...really praying he does the Blues tour in theatre likes thst in the UK too...as that's what that LP will be made for...right.

52 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Not expected true, but the set lacks songs to hold a large crowds attention. 

I saw the Dublin gig and the first 3 songs were really poor choices, I watched the crowd go for euphoria at seeing Slash to then being kinda sedate until he played something better or more well known. Now the crowd was pretty into it for the most part though, but they were not buying the material that's come since WOF that's for sure... with the exception of the Elton John cover. Biggest songs of the night were from the first 3 solo albums Starlight, Wicked stone, You're a lie. That River is rising song is a flat piece of cardboard live

If he's not playing GNR (besides Don't damn me/bad apples) he should at least throw in some Velvet revolver. But my big take away from the show was that Slash's solo material on its own is not up to the task of entertaining an arena, fine for a club. The sound was pretty rubbish too, apparently it was the same when they played England. 

Mammoth were pretty good though, his voice is incredible (as was Myles's) and his guitar work was spot on! Guitar player of the night without question. Now the songs aren't always my cup of tea, but I would have preferred a slightly longer Mammoth set (better sound too).

I tend to agree with you.

The setlist is missing 4/5 hits spread out over the gig to keep people happy. The Elton John cover was the most appreciated song of the night from the crowd. Back from Cali went down well too and I love Wicked Stone. 

I found the sound very muddy but took a few videos from a different position which sounded pretty good. 

One thing that really annoys me about this size of gig (and its not the first time) - what is the story with the lack of screens, production etc? Makes the show feel too small for the size of venue.

I saw them in the Olympia a few years ago and it was probably the best live performance i've seen, but there were way too many people looking bored at this gig. 

2 minutes ago, Irish Rose said:

The setlist is missing 4/5 hits spread out over the gig to keep people happy. The Elton John cover was the most appreciated song of the night from the crowd. Back from Cali went down well too and I love Wicked Stone. 

I found the sound very muddy but took a few videos from a different position which sounded pretty good. 

One thing that really annoys me about this size of gig (and its not the first time) - what is the story with the lack of screens, production etc? Makes the show feel too small for the size of venue.

I saw them in the Olympia a few years ago and it was probably the best live performance i've seen, but there were way too many people looking bored at this gig. 

Yea....big names wanting to use smaller venues less and less since touring became basically the only income revenue for music! Shame....as sounds and atmosphere for certain concerts really are at home in 2000 standers! 🤘

• Like 1

Just now, Irish Rose said:

Yeah production was next to nothing. I think they were going for to frills rock n roll but to me it said "keep the budget tight". Even an animated screen behind them instead of the standard banner would have been something. 

I had great centre seats so I could see everything (in theory should have had great sound too) but had I been further back or on the floor I wouldn't have seen a thing. 

I don't think I'll bother seeing him solo again. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

What was your highlight ? Thinking of travelling to Glasgow as the best GNR experience I ever had was there a few decades ago! Amazing crowd. Wish it was Barrow lands though....like when Slash played with Biffy there...really praying he does the Blues tour in theatre likes thst in the UK too...as that's what that LP will be made for...right.

An absolutely incredible Always On The Run probably, although the first run of four or five songs was great too....

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 6:17 PM, axl666 said:

From the photos that I've seen, the venue can potentially hold 14k. It looked to me like 6-7k there. They section off areas not in use so you don't know those sections are there.

The response seemed interested to positive. A friend of mine who flew in said that it was very good and the band was very solid, but it seemed like the place was waiting for something like SCOM to really get things going. He said his impression was that most people didn't know the songs, but they were quite happy to listen to them and Slash. One of the posters above mentioned that Slash was quite low in the mix, which wouldn't have helped.

The gig got an excellent review from the main national newspaper.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/review/2024/03/29/slash-featuring-myles-kennedy-the-conspirators-review-treat-of-an-encore-brings-night-of-foot-to-the-floor-rock-to-an-end/

This link should work for everyone. Theres a few inaccuracies in the article. Especially the first paragraph. 

Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators review: treat of an encore brings night of foot-to-the-floor rock to an end – The Irish Times (archive.is)

Forgot how good "Fill My World" was. A security guard actually came up and asked me what the song was called.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

It was indeed 

Great gig. The buzz around VR was amazing at the time.

I bought a bootleg CD of the concert at the time. Always remember Prince's "Controversy" opening the gig. 

• Like 1