Slash and The Conspirators 2024 tour

7 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

I've heard vocal coaches say that posture is really important to singing properly (and that's why Axl sitting in the chair when his heel was broken was bad). I wouldn't be surprised at all if Myles is doing that to preserve his voice.

He seems to be really well aware of his body, doubt he would be able to do this if he ran around the stage for 90 mins. He was much more active when younger, especially at the beginning of SMKC.

https://youtu.be/uEmoFayvuhs?si=eOFlnITiNwWS9aA_&t=295

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Slash great too?

Yeah Slash was in top form as always. Dr Alibi, Too Far Gone, Don’t Damn Me and World on Fire were all particularly good. 

He did improvise the solo on Don’t Damn Me but I enjoyed it anyways. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Can't wait to hear this live.

Oh yes, and I am stoked to see Dr. Alibi on the setlist, too. Sure, no Lemmy but it's a kick ass song anyway. One of my favourite running songs, too.

For people who were there, what is the sound mix like live? Can you easily hear slash?

I've been looking at some of the band's recent performances. I think it's a mistake actually not to include more GNR songs. They add a lot of highs to the setlist. Whereas most people I think probably wouldn't know most of the non-GNR songs. It'd be different if they were playing in clubs, but these venues are quite big.

1 hour ago, axl666 said:

For people who were there, what is the sound mix like live? Can you easily hear slash?

I've been looking at some of the band's recent performances. I think it's a mistake actually not to include more GNR songs. They add a lot of highs to the setlist. Whereas most people I think probably wouldn't know most of the non-GNR songs. It'd be different if they were playing in clubs, but these venues are quite big.

Actually Slash could have been louder in the mix. I often find that these days. Maybe I just got used to his old loud UYI days. 

And I agree on the Guns songs. The venue last night is quite a big arena where big bands play. 

Certainly wouldn’t hurt to throw in SCOM or PC.

On 3/30/2024 at 2:36 PM, Free Bird said:

Was the Arena in Dublin packed? How was the response from the audience?

From the photos that I've seen, the venue can potentially hold 14k. It looked to me like 6-7k there. They section off areas not in use so you don't know those sections are there.

The response seemed interested to positive. A friend of mine who flew in said that it was very good and the band was very solid, but it seemed like the place was waiting for something like SCOM to really get things going. He said his impression was that most people didn't know the songs, but they were quite happy to listen to them and Slash. One of the posters above mentioned that Slash was quite low in the mix, which wouldn't have helped.

The gig got an excellent review from the main national newspaper.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/review/2024/03/29/slash-featuring-myles-kennedy-the-conspirators-review-treat-of-an-encore-brings-night-of-foot-to-the-floor-rock-to-an-end/

• Like 2