08/18/23 - Pittsburgh, PA - PNC Park

downzy

2 hours ago, SlashisGOD said:

I’ll be there. Hopefully they will play Perhaps. 

That is my thought as well. Might have to get pit tickets, wonder if I can wait until the last minute (day before) if they will drop more in price. They are already about the same price as my Toronto tickets that are five rows off the floor.

The tix for this one are crazy cheap. I think this show will be humbling for them. Last stop in Pittsburgh was 2016 at Heinz Field, they had roughly 38k there, so the upper deck was closed off. This show should’ve really been at the star lake pavilion or PPG arena. It still looks like it’s less than half sold, upper deck has the $18 4-pack offer. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t start giving tickets away to the Pittsburgh pirates season ticket holders to try and fill up some seats. If it doesn’t sell , do they close of the upper deck at a baseball stadium? 
TBH, I’m glad this show isn’t selling well because hopefully I can get a shirt and poster without having to wait over an hour, and be able to get a few beers without missing half of the show. Last year I saw Motley Crue and Metallica in that stadium. I liked the stadium, sound was decent, easy enough to get in and out, but the lines were ridiculous for everything. 

5 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

TBH, I’m glad this show isn’t selling well because hopefully I can get a shirt and poster without having to wait over an hour, and be able to get a few beers without missing half of the show. Last year I saw Motley Crue and Metallica in that stadium. I liked the stadium, sound was decent, easy enough to get in and out, but the lines were ridiculous for everything. 

Do you know if they have merch stands outside? I want to get a Litho, but have concerns about carrying it around inside the venue, unless they let me bring a tube in.

4 hours ago, Drakestar said:

Do you know if they have merch stands outside? I want to get a Litho, but have concerns about carrying it around inside the venue, unless they let me bring a tube in.

I’m not sure, I didn’t see anything outside At Hershey, but someone said there was. By the time I got inside they were all long gone. I’ve never had a venue not allow me to bring in a tube, but PNC is pretty strict. Last year for Motley Crue, the tubes came with the poster

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Drakestar said:

I’m in. I’ll make the drive for $60 tickets. But damn, a third of the total was fees, if ylu are grabbing the $25 tickets (why!!??!), the fees would be as much as the ticket. Fuckers.

It’s so that your anger is directed to Ticketmaster and not the band or the venue. Would it make you feel better if the ticket was $60 without fees?

1 hour ago, Stryker said:

It’s so that your anger is directed to Ticketmaster and not the band or the venue. Would it make you feel better if the ticket was $60 without fees?

Yeah, to be expected everyone wants a cut. You bet it would make mme feel better.  85 vs 60 is a couple of beers.

8 minutes ago, Drakestar said:

Yeah, to be expected everyone wants a cut. You bet it would make mme feel better.  85 vs 60 is a couple of beers.

Sorry, I meant $60 without fees or $40 ticket with $20 fees. 

I don’t care how they present the price, just how much is hitting my bank account at the end of the day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stryker said:

Sorry, I meant $60 without fees or $40 ticket with $20 fees. 

I don’t care how they present the price, just how much is hitting my bank account at the end of the day.

Agreed. I can't really argue about the overall price. Just need to find a hotel now!

3 hours ago, Astranged said:

Pretty sure I just saw Del James outside of the fairmount hotel downtown….

I'm thinking of hanging out by the garage doors of the park after the show. It's difficult since they probably just jump in the vehicles inside the loading area, then pop open the doors and zoom away.

2 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

Since you’re in the pittsburgh area, have you seen the merch truck? I’m hoping to get a litho and shirt before the eBay crowd snatches them all

I haven’t seen that but it may be at the stadium which is across the river from their hotel. I was just working downtown and saw a tour bus.

Del came out with his wife from the hotel. I can’t attach pics but it seems that is where they are staying.

Would love to get autographs somehow 

55 minutes ago, Astranged said:

Same. Staking out the hotel is difficult and time consuming. So much luck to hit when they are entering and exiting.  I'm a big fan, but not a CRAZY. I'll probably stick to the garage approach. 

Just got the email from PNC. Doesn't look like I can bring a tube in for my (if I can get one) litho.

58 minutes ago, Astranged said:

I haven’t seen that but it may be at the stadium which is across the river from their hotel. I was just working downtown and saw a tour bus.

Del came out with his wife from the hotel. I can’t attach pics but it seems that is where they are staying.

That would be awesome! Good luck! I once waited outside a venue once (The Brooklyn Bowl) until 7am in the rain to meet Axl. I was standing by his tour bus, my thought was he had to come out sometime and I’d be there. I saw Del, Dizzy, and Fernando, all were actually pretty cool, but none said anything about Axl other than they thought he already left. I figured of course they would say that, to get me to leave. So I stood on the public sidewalk until about 7am and then the bus started up and pulled out lol. It was a long drive back to Maryland, that’s for sure! 

7 minutes ago, Drakestar said:

Same. Staking out the hotel is difficult and time consuming. So much luck to hit when they are entering and exiting.  I'm a big fan, but not a CRAZY. I'll probably stick to the garage approach. 

Just got the email from PNC. Doesn't look like I can bring a tube in for my (if I can get one) litho.

That’s a bummer! Last year for Motley Crue at PNC, they gave you a tube with every poster. Maybe GNR will do the same? At the louder than life festival a few years ago, guns did that, but that’s the only time I’ve ever seen them. Granted, since then, every show I’ve gone to has been out of lithos thanks to the a-holes who are making $ off them. I wish they had a limit on them .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

That would be awesome! Good luck! I once waited outside a venue once (The Brooklyn Bowl) until 7am in the rain to meet Axl. I was standing by his tour bus, my thought was he had to come out sometime and I’d be there. I saw Del, Dizzy, and Fernando, all were actually pretty cool, but none said anything about Axl other than they thought he already left. I figured of course they would say that, to get me to leave. So I stood on the public sidewalk until about 7am and then the bus started up and pulled out lol. It was a long drive back to Maryland, that’s for sure! 

fuck dude. I'm sorry. 

Axl  left  as soon as paradise city was over.

how do i know that?

i was outside  the venue, corner  by those double doors, saw vanessa in a black car

turn around  i see  Axl half sprinting.  i just extended my hand , he shook it for 2 seconds.  and then gone.

• Like 2