08/18/23 - Pittsburgh, PA - PNC Park

downzy

16 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I feel like It's So Easy is gonna be opener for the foreseeable future. It's just too good at setting the tone for a GNR concert.

I think it'd be a terrible decision to open a concert with a song that a large proportion of the audience is gonna be totally unfamiliar with.

Fair enough, you usually see a single kick things off when it was released shortly before a tour kicks-off. I think that there are a good handful of other songs that can be used as an opener though. Maybe next touring cycle...

Edited by Coma16

Finally got here. Heard ISE and WTTJ soundcheck. Ebayers beat me to the lithos (outside), doubtful I’ll get one inside. Got a couple $50 shirts. That hurts converted to Canadian!

IMG_0218.jpeg

54 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Probably 7:45

Anyone able to get a litho from the merch truck? 

Fuck. no.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

40 minutes ago, Drakestar said:

Finally got here. Heard ISE and WTTJ soundcheck. Ebayers beat me to the lithos (outside), doubtful I’ll get one inside. Got a couple $50 shirts. That hurts converted to Canadian!

IMG_0218.jpeg

Fuck. no.

At the Hershey and Metlife show, they had a tiny amount of lithos outside but majority were inside. I left during Paradise in Hershey and still 5-10 lithographs displayed for sale. If you go in when doors open, you can easily get a litho!

• Like 1

I'm expecting a late start into a short set with a hungover Axl sounding like shit from partying last night. But I hope for the best for those attending in person. May you get a great show.

If they had any balls left they'd start the show with Absurd, Hard Skool and Perhaps as the first three songs and then do their usual routine. Not gonna happen, I know.

17 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I'm expecting a late start into a short set with a hungover Axl sounding like shit from partying last night. But I hope for the best for those attending in person. May you get a great show.

If they had any balls left they'd start the show with Absurd, Hard Skool and Perhaps as the first three songs and then do their usual routine. Not gonna happen, I know.

I saw Axl today and he seemed fine. He was at the venue around 2pm. 

25 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

That party happened on Wednesday. So it’s not “last night”

36 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I quite like the reverse when bands get the big guns out the way straight away and then have some fun. Saw the Pumpkins back in 2013 and they started with Tonight, Tonight and Cherub Rock. Roger Waters a couple of months ago did Comfortably Numb and Another Brick in the Wall and then went into the show proper. Would be fun if Guns opened with PC, then NR and SCOM and then Axl was like - "We're playing CD1 and CD2 in full and a friend of mine, Mr. Tommy Stinson is going to sing a couple of songs." :lol:

Edited by BassistSeb
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BassistSeb said:

I quite like the reverse when bands get the big guns out the way straight away and then have some fun. Saw the Pumpkins back in 2013 and they started with Tonight, Tonight and Cherub Rock. Roger Waters a couple of months ago did Comfortably Numb and Another Brick in the Wall and then went into the show proper. Would be fun if Guns opened with PC, then NR and SCOM and then Axl was like - "We're playing CD1 and CD2 in full and a friend of mine, Mr. Tommy Stinson is going to sing a couple of songs." :lol:

Everyone would leave immediatelly

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dummy said:

Haha, true. I wasn't being serious. Still, doing the old flipped setlist thing would be fun. I do think one drawback though is that the show doesn't really build to a crescendo. 

5 minutes ago, BassistSeb said:

Would be fun if Guns opened with PC, then NR and SCOM and then Axl was like - "We're playing CD1 and CD2 in full and a friend of mine, Mr. Tommy Stinson is going to sing a couple of songs." :lol:

I'd love to see them opening with TIL (Axl walking out alone, sitting down at the piano like a big ole maestro, not saying a word just playing the song, then Slash getting his shit together for once and playing the solo properly, no drums, no band just the two), then the band comes out and they kick into PC - would be the biggest WTF moment for casuals and hardcore fans ever and a ballsy move to begin a show. No piss breaks and beer fetching during that night I tell ya. ;)

8 minutes ago, Dummy said:

I wouldn't. I love CD and I like Tommy, so yeah bring it on. :lol:

• Like 1
  • PERHAPS 1