08/18/23 - Pittsburgh, PA - PNC Park

downzy

3 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

fuck dude. I'm sorry. 

Axl  left  as soon as paradise city was over.

how do i know that?

i was outside  the venue, corner  by those double doors, saw vanessa in a black car

turn around  i see  Axl half sprinting.  i just extended my hand , he shook it for 2 seconds.  and then gone.

Haha well at least you got a handshake out of it. Maybe Axl had to run and find a bathroom…..I remember him saying he had montezuma’s revenge lol. That was a long night, but makes for a cool story now. That was a fun show. I remember feeling amongst the die hard fans at the Hammerstein show, but definitely felt like a die hard at the bowl. Wasn’t it only like 400 capacity? 

On 8/14/2023 at 3:24 AM, mikeman5150 said:

The tix for this one are crazy cheap. I think this show will be humbling for them. Last stop in Pittsburgh was 2016 at Heinz Field, they had roughly 38k there, so the upper deck was closed off. This show should’ve really been at the star lake pavilion or PPG arena. It still looks like it’s less than half sold, upper deck has the $18 4-pack offer. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t start giving tickets away to the Pittsburgh pirates season ticket holders to try and fill up some seats. If it doesn’t sell , do they close of the upper deck at a baseball stadium? 
TBH, I’m glad this show isn’t selling well because hopefully I can get a shirt and poster without having to wait over an hour, and be able to get a few beers without missing half of the show. Last year I saw Motley Crue and Metallica in that stadium. I liked the stadium, sound was decent, easy enough to get in and out, but the lines were ridiculous for everything. 

They stopped selling upper deck as of Tuesday or Wednesday.  There are resale ones available, but it looks like they're just closing the upper deck all together by the looks of things...especially since once they stopped selling the upper deck, they deleted lots of rows on the floors and lower bowl..probably to move people down.

48 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

They stopped selling upper deck as of Tuesday or Wednesday.  There are resale ones available, but it looks like they're just closing the upper deck all together by the looks of things...especially since once they stopped selling the upper deck, they deleted lots of rows on the floors and lower bowl..probably to move people down.

Yeah even with the top closed off I don’t think they will fill up the field. There’s still tons of tix left. I think PNC holds around 35k. I’m guessing 15-20k and I think that’s being generous. Regardless, I’m looking to have a good time no matter how many are there. Pittsburgh is a tough one. In 02’ the Mellon arena was only half full and in 16’ Heinz was closed off on the upper deck. Both shows were some of the better shows of they’re respective tours. I guess Pittsburgers would rather go to Kenny Chesney concerts lol

29 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Yeah even with the top closed off I don’t think they will fill up the field. There’s still tons of tix left. I think PNC holds around 35k. I’m guessing 15-20k and I think that’s being generous. Regardless, I’m looking to have a good time no matter how many are there. Pittsburgh is a tough one. In 02’ the Mellon arena was only half full and in 16’ Heinz was closed off on the upper deck. Both shows were some of the better shows of they’re respective tours. I guess Pittsburgers would rather go to Kenny Chesney concerts lol

I was at the 2002 show.  Strange night. I remember Mix Master Mike started playing full songs after a while.  They didnt move anyone down so there were tons of empty seats all over the Mellon Arena. I think it was snowing too.  

5 hours ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

I was at the 2002 show.  Strange night. I remember Mix Master Mike started playing full songs after a while.  They didnt move anyone down so there were tons of empty seats all over the Mellon Arena. I think it was snowing too.  

Yeah it was snowing like crazy when we left

38 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

That plus every other row seating on the floor! A few more nfl stadiums are light but the arenas and smaller rooms did great!. Honestly! 

That could also be to move people from the lower bowl to the floor.  I had decent seats at Dodger Stadiums second night and they came over and just handed me a ticket for the floor lol

45 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Logic would suggest that they open the show tonight with Perhaps. Everything about this release (minus the false start) has been on-point and professional. But I'm sure it'll be ISE lol

I feel like It's So Easy is gonna be opener for the foreseeable future. It's just too good at setting the tone for a GNR concert.

I think it'd be a terrible decision to open a concert with a song that a large proportion of the audience is gonna be totally unfamiliar with.

• Like 1