"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

2 hours ago, General2112 said:

I wouldn’t think they’d wait until the 27th when the vinyl ships. They can’t do it the 20th because duff has his album that day. It’s gotta be this week or next. I’m really hoping it’s this Friday. Would be the best thing to open their power trip concert with 

Why? I think the 27th (or a week later) is the most likely scenario.

• Like 1

It’s still possible we won’t be hearing it until November. 

The vinyl hits the truck the 27th. It’s not going to be on our doorsteps on the 27th.

But I do feel good about it being released to streaming services on the ship date. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

It’s still possible we won’t be hearing it until November. 

The vinyl hits the truck the 27th. It’s not going to be on our doorsteps on the 27th.

But I do feel good about it being released to streaming services on the ship date. 

The only reason I think we’ll hear it before or on the 27th is Fortus saying they are working it into the set. The don’t have many concerts left for this year 

56 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Why? I think the 27th (or a week later) is the most likely scenario.

They only have two concerts left. The 27th and the one in November if we’re counting from the 27th. I couldn’t see playing it twice for all this hype around it

1 hour ago, General2112 said:

The only reason I think we’ll hear it before or on the 27th is Fortus saying they are working it into the set. The don’t have many concerts left for this year 

They only have two concerts left. The 27th and the one in November if we’re counting from the 27th. I couldn’t see playing it twice for all this hype around it

I think they would have already started soundchecking it if they were going to release it this week or the next one.

It's likely that two more shows will be added between Oct. 27th and Nov. 5th (there is this teaser for Vegas and L.A. is also rumoured). Hard Skool was released when there were only four shows left on that tour.

Edited by Blackstar

If I’m not mistaken, the “Hard Skool” vinyl shipped out a few days early, and some people got it before its official release date (I was not one of said people, unfortunately)?

Edited by GNRRHCP98

2 minutes ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

If I’m not mistaken, the “Hard Skool” vinyl shipped out a few days early, and some people got it before its official release date (I was not one of said people, unfortunately)?

I think the HS 7'' actually shipped out months earlier than originally announced and the CD shipped out about a month earlier.

6 hours ago, General2112 said:

I wouldn’t think they’d wait until the 27th when the vinyl ships. They can’t do it the 20th because duff has his album that day. It’s gotta be this week or next. I’m really hoping it’s this Friday. Would be the best thing to open their power trip concert with 

It's a B-side on a physical product that's released on the 27th.

I know I've already said it, but there is no good reason for it to drop before then.

If it does, fair enough, but we have no concrete evidence, and despite the myth of the song, it is still (only) a B-side at this point.

If we don't hear it by the 27th, then it's worth pondering, sure. But until then, people really are wasting their time wondering and assuming

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I think the HS 7'' actually shipped out months earlier than originally announced and the CD shipped out about a month earlier.

Yeah, the OG release date for the HS 7’’ was like June 2022 when it was first announced in September 2021 lol

5 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Well, it's Friday in New Zealand. I just looked via a VPN and...

Nothing. Predictably nothing.

As you were 😂

Didn't they release Absurd on midnight eastern time for the world?

I'm surprised they will release Nothing though. I guess they improved it from the 2000 mix we all heard. It did show up on the leaked 2008 CD2 song list.