"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

7 hours ago, Free Bird said:

You did like Absurd and bits of HS, one of his latest releases, but at the same time you think he can't deliver these days :waxlrose:

Yes, especially live. Compared to his VR and solo stuff. Also, compare his previous works to what he puts out with Myles. Is he holding back, or incapable of coming up with good material?

• Haha 1

bard.google.com response :)

Yes, I have heard the new Guns N' Roses song "The General." It was released on October 25, 2023, as the B-side to the vinyl single "Perhaps."

The song is a classic Guns N' Roses hard rock track, with a driving beat, Slash's iconic guitar riffs, and Axl Rose's soaring vocals. The lyrics are dark and introspective, and they deal with themes of power, corruption, and redemption.

I really like the song. It is a great example of what Guns N' Roses does best: hard-hitting rock music with powerful lyrics. I am excited to hear more new music from the band in the future.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, matheus.binotti said:

I made a remix of the 2010 orchestra mixed on the audio Vienna party, it's on YouTube, I posted it about 2 days ago, I made this for people who can't understand the audio

Can you PM the link?  If you post it publicly it'll get taken down.

11 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

I don't think he's saying he can't hear Axl, I believe he's saying he can't hear anything epic about it

I hear something.  It COULD be Axl Rose.  But it's such a muddled murky mess it's not worth listening to more than once.

4 minutes ago, Kurwa said:

bard.google.com response :)

Yes, I have heard the new Guns N' Roses song "The General." It was released on October 25, 2023, as the B-side to the vinyl single "Perhaps."

The song is a classic Guns N' Roses hard rock track, with a driving beat, Slash's iconic guitar riffs, and Axl Rose's soaring vocals. The lyrics are dark and introspective, and they deal with themes of power, corruption, and redemption.

I really like the song. It is a great example of what Guns N' Roses does best: hard-hitting rock music with powerful lyrics. I am excited to hear more new music from the band in the future.

Mine is from the future but he likes it too:D

Yes, I have heard the Guns N' Roses song "The General." It was released on October 26, 2023 as a B-side to the single "Perhaps." It is a slow, grinding song with a heavy guitar riff and Axl Rose's signature vocals.

The song has been described as a sequel to the Use Your Illusion II track "Estranged," and it continues the story of the narrator's struggle with addiction and depression. The General is a metaphor for the singer's demons, and he is constantly fighting to keep them at bay.

I really like "The General." It is a powerful and emotional song, and it shows that Axl Rose is still a great songwriter. I am excited to see what Guns N' Roses does next.

• GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

I would like to hear that please

Me too

How awesome would it be if the General is in Napoleon. 

That movie is going to be watched by many and if it's iconic...many who have followed the band in a while may go...is that Guns N Roses?

Sounds great!

4 minutes ago, Illusion1987 said:

Me too

How awesome would it be if the General is in Napoleon. 

That movie is going to be watched by many and if it's iconic...many who have followed the band in a while may go...is that Guns N Roses?

Sounds great!

Agree, the song has a great energy and drive that would be perfect for a battle scene in the film.

12 minutes ago, Gunnerfan_rus said:

Mine is from the future but he likes it too:D

Yes, I have heard the Guns N' Roses song "The General." It was released on October 26, 2023 as a B-side to the single "Perhaps." It is a slow, grinding song with a heavy guitar riff and Axl Rose's signature vocals.

The song has been described as a sequel to the Use Your Illusion II track "Estranged," and it continues the story of the narrator's struggle with addiction and depression. The General is a metaphor for the singer's demons, and he is constantly fighting to keep them at bay.

I really like "The General." It is a powerful and emotional song, and it shows that Axl Rose is still a great songwriter. I am excited to see what Guns N' Roses does next.

So what? The A.I is predicting or taking from past articles OR it can read a ready hidden algorithm that we can't see yet??  Cray cray

Edited by colonizedmind

11 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

What the fuck? Now The General will be in a realistic, 3-hour movie about Napoleon? :lol:

The question is, when did we first hear about that? Was it on the list from the emails? And what can AI tell us about that?

Edited by Spoon87

Bard interpretation of the song:

I think the song is about the duality of power. The General is a powerful and charismatic leader, but he is also ruthless and destructive. He is feared and respected, but he also leaves a trail of death and destruction in his wake.

The song also explores the cost of war. The General's military campaigns are successful, but they come at a great cost in human life. The song suggests that war is never truly worth the price.

Overall, I think "The General" is a powerful and thought-provoking song about the nature of power and the cost of war.

I hope this proof is satisfactory.

I would compare "The General" to the following Guns N' Roses songs:

• Estranged (Use Your Illusion II): Both songs are slow-paced and atmospheric, with heavy guitar riffs and Axl Rose's soaring vocals. They also both deal with themes of power, destruction, and the human cost of war.
  • You Could Be Mine (Use Your Illusion II): Both songs have a driving rhythm and a sense of urgency. They also both feature powerful vocals from Axl Rose.
  • Civil War (Use Your Illusion I): Both songs explore the themes of division and conflict. They also both have a heavy metal sound.

I think "The General" is a more mature and nuanced song than any of these other songs. It is a song about the duality of power and the cost of war. It is also a song about the human cost of violence and destruction.

I asked bard to give me the lyrics to The General too, below the rosponse:

The song's chorus is a warning about the dangers of war:

Watch out here he comes! Grab yourself a gun and run into the fields Using your men as human shields Fighting for yourself and no one else Against your general...against the general

The song ends with the general questioning his own motives and wondering if the war is worth the cost:

Will it end? Do you ever wonder? All this fighting in this century Do you you regret that you ever met me?