"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

50 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

That was some Reddit troll. Blackstar found that they used some bullshit URL to give them some credibility. It was all fake. 

The person who posted the original post to Reddit and 4chan is different than the one who did the things with the fake URL, I'm pretty sure. 

Personally, after HasItLeaked Twitter account (which has accurately leaked industry news before) posted the rumor about Atlas Shrugged being released in November, I started taking the Reddit source more seriously. I think it's unlikely that two different people with different sources heard the same thing without there being a bit of truth to it.

I don't think Atlas Shrugged will come out this month (bc GnR has never operated that efficiently, ever), but I can believe there were talks about it.

Edited by meadsoap

53 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

That was some Reddit troll. Blackstar found that they used some bullshit URL to give them some credibility. It was all fake. 

The bullshit URL was for The General (they just copied the URL for the Perhaps placeholder page on Apple Music, replaced the song name but didn't think about replacing the item number to make it believable).

The Atlas thing on 4Chan and Reddit (and Discogs recently) was fake, too. Could be the same troll (the guys on that yt channel) or a different one.

7 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

The person who posted the original post to Reddit and 4chan is different than the one who did the things with the fake URL, I'm pretty sure. 

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The bullshit URL was for The General (they just copied the URL for the Perhaps placeholder page on Apple Music, replaced the song name but didn't think about replacing the item number to make it believable).

The Atlas thing on 4Chan and Reddit (and Discogs recently) was fake, too. Could be the same troll (the guys on that yt channel) or a different one.

My bad. So much stuff going on, I mixed things up. Sorry 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

You keep saying this but never post it.

In other words, you don't have it.

Go back to whining for Finck and Buckethead on the songs. You're out of your element on anything else.

I think he just means the same screenshot that has widely circulated after 2019 (and posted multiple times since then, including just a couple of pages back in this very thread ) and it's supposed to be from an email dating from January 2018.

12 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I have the full, original screenshot of that track list and it’s dated years before the Village leaks with Nothin and Perhaps on there. It was not fabricated. 

Isn't it the same screenshot that has been shared multiple times since the locker leaks? Why do you make it look like you have a screenshot that the rest of us haven't seen? The issue, for me at least, is not whether it's real or not (it probably is, for what I know), but whether it was shared in public before 2019.

35 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

You keep saying this but never post it.

In other words, you don't have it.

Go back to whining for Finck and Buckethead on the songs. You're out of your element on anything else.

Thursday, ‎January ‎20, ‎2011, ‏‎7:14:26 PM is the date modified on the jpg file I have of the CD2 song list that includes Perhaps and Nothin. That should be enough for you.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I just realized, who cares when Perhaps was mentioned? The songs out, lol

People just need something to argue about to pass the time. Getting the general is like getting a mini album and it’s making everyone a little crazy lol

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think he just means the same screenshot that has widely circulated after 2019 (and posted multiple times since then, including just a couple of pages back in this very thread ) and it's supposed to be from an email dating from January 2018.

Isn't it the same screenshot that has been shared multiple times since the locker leaks? Why do you make it look like you have a screenshot that the rest of us haven't seen? The issue, for me at least, is not whether it's real or not (it probably is, for what I know), but whether it was shared in public before 2019.

That screen shot was from an email from January 24, 2008. 8:13PM

The jpg I have includes the email addresses so it shouldn't be shared out of privacy concerns. 

7 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I just realized, who cares when Perhaps was mentioned? The songs out, lol

True, nobody should care now. But it started from the State of Grace = The General conspiracy theory and the (ridiculous, imo) argument that S.O.G. is the only song that had never been mentioned before the leaks (whereas Perhaps was in that track list), so it must have either become another song (The General) or abandoned.

• Like 3

On 10/23/2023 at 7:27 PM, Sweersa said:

I wonder where these came from:

I have a monstrous light
monsters call me
monsters coming

Now those push it down now, cant get out
there's no escaping now, down in the fucking ground

From someone whose first language is not English.

On 10/23/2023 at 7:36 PM, Flayer said:

Has there ever in the history of the band been a song they put out on vinyl but purposefully withheld from their digital catalog? No.

Is there any particular reason for them to do that now? No.

To say it might never happen is just as much of an assumption as to say it will. The difference is that one assumption is backed by precedent, and the other is not. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYz-1Uhpkhv-lmVA85kHC

It has only been announced on vinyl. That is a fact. That is the ONLY fact we know. Anything beyond that is an assumption. Predicting what will happen based on what has happened in the past is an ASSUMPTION that the past will repeat itself. I never said a release on any other medium will "never happen". You're making up words and putting them in my mouth.

I believe most everyone who had that list before the 2019 Village leaks didn't think "Perhaps ?" was a song, and was a reference to an adjacent listing. I to this day wonder what "?? L editing V" means and of course what "Monstrocity V lyr" is. The latter could be Zodiac, Quick Song, maybe State Of Grace or Eye On You? (None of which appear on that list by name) and Seven and Berlin/Oklahoma are also not on the list which is interesting. Seven and Berlin/Oklahoma were known titles well before 2011, so anyone faking a CD2 list would certainly include those.

7 minutes ago, saint_seiya_aka_buckethead said:

more info from friend in industry

song is 6:33 seconds long 

slash solo sounds out of place a bit

no chorus, no guitar riff like november rain

You could have left the Slash bit out, we all knew that already. :P 

• Haha 4

It must be painful for Axl, who has probably painstakingly perfected these songs over decades, to have Slash shit out guitar work and paste them into the mixes. Maybe Axl cares less, because he has the golden mixes with Buckethead and Robin slated for a special release, or just for his own personal enjoyment. 

• ABSUЯD 2

On 10/24/2023 at 2:27 AM, Sweersa said:

I wonder where these came from:

I have a monstrous light
monsters call me
monsters coming

Now those push it down now, cant get out
there's no escaping now, down in the fucking ground

I think it's from @Shacklermyrye's effort to decipher the lyrics on the phone clip with AI. It was in the same video where he compared the drum beat on the phone clip with the one from the "mysterious" soundcheck clip from that year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

It must be painful for Axl, who has probably painstakingly perfected these songs over decades, to have Slash shit out guitar work and paste them into the mixes. Maybe Axl cares less, because he has the golden mixes with Buckethead and Robin slated for a special release, or just for his own personal enjoyment. 

Do you not like any of Slash’s work? Or just the CD stuff? Because his guitar is the musical vortex of all the iconic songs. Without which there would have been no CD or Nu Guns to compare him to. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think it's from @Shacklermyrye's effort to decipher the lyrics on the phone clip with AI. It was in the same video where he compared the drum beat on the phone clip with the one from the "mysterious" soundcheck clip from that year.

Wasn't that mysterious soundcheck confirmed to be The Garden?