Has Frank been relegated to a touring drummer?

Has Frank been relegated to a touring drummer?  

142 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, lost un the jungle said:

The topic is wrong: Frank was always a touring piece, I think nobody give a F if he has an idea or suggestion to be applied in the studio

He played on five tracks on Chinese Democracy... 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

She's 33 isn't she, and him 60?

Where has he confirmed it? I've always assumed they were just musical partners. In this story she says "When I’m working with a partner — Brain specifically — one of us will start something..." implying she's collaborated with various people, or 'partners', but is referencing Brain in the context of the story.

The most recent post on the Brain and Melissa IG account also calls him "my composing partner".

I dunno, it's never been clear to me, but I've always taken it to mean musical partnership. It's not like we ever see photos of them together like Slash and Meegan, Duff and Susan, or Dizzy and Nadja etc. You'd expect at least one pic to have gotten out over the last seven years, even if it's part of a group dinner.

Regardless, I don't suppose it's really any of our business

I agree it's not our business, but Brain mentioned it in one of his audio interviews, probably on Brando's podcast (said that they were both dating and collaborating at first, then they stopped dating because they were too much around each other anyway - or something like that).

3 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

Wasn't sure on this, but a couple of sources via Google say she's 33 (born 1st March 1990)

Information about her age here.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

He played on five tracks on Chinese Democracy... 🤦‍♂️

On 9 he didn't then, plus not on Absurd, hard Skool or perhaps...or even shadow which seemed to have been reworked when they released it in 18 

He's a decent drummer, touring or whatever they want to dress it up as, you see a show... he'll be drumming, I've no issues with him at all, some absolutely hate him by the comments here and Reddit , boarder line embarrassing some of it 

Edited by DSTK
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, liers said:

I doubt that lockdown has anything to do with it. Axl and GnR have enough connections that they would’ve been able to get Frank into a studio if it was that important.

I worked every day through Covid. I saw people, carefully obviously, but outside of certain things being closed I went about my life. Granted, I’m in a state where things were more relaxed, but I have connections and no one was getting tickets or fines or anything for violating Covid protocols. Frank could’ve recorded his parts. If it was important Axl would’ve found a way.

22 hours ago, scooby845 said:

You're forgetting Brain re-rerecorded Josh's fills for CD. There isn't a single drum hit Brain came up with. So, in a sense, Josh is the original drummer for CD. 

I'm pretty skeptical of this as Josh's drums on the leaks and Brain's drums on CD are quite different

• Like 2

If GNR ever goes into the studio to record a new album I have no doubt Frank will be on drums.  So no he is not a touring musician.  The band just hasn't written or recorded any new songs in 20ish years lol. As of now he is the last drummer who has recorded anything with the band

Edited by Bitchisback

21 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

You don't know music, sorry

Oh so I don't know anything because I'm not bothered about someone who sounds like a stroke victim ?  , Gallagher is a complete knob, Oasis did one great record then crap for a decade & queen we're an over rated cabaret act 

I'll stick to Zeppelin, Guns etc 

Edited by DSTK

3 minutes ago, DSTK said:

Oh so I don't know anything because I'm not bothered about someone who sounds like a stroke victim ?  , Gallagher is a complete knob, Oasis did one great record then crap for a decade & queen we're an over rated cabaret act 

I'll stick to Zeppelin, Guns etc 

I'm talking about your bold takes on sabbath mostly

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

They aren't even the biggest band from Birmingham,let alone any good ...about Ozzy, he's a freak..sounds like he's had 70 strokes and can't string a sentence together,let alone put on a gig anymore 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DSTK said:

They aren't even the biggest band from Birmingham,let alone any good ...about Ozzy, he's a freak..sounds like he's had 70 strokes and can't string a sentence together,let alone put on a gig anymore 

But it's not about what Ozzy is right now, but about Sabbath's prime and what they contributed to music. Calling them not good is just ridiculous. 

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution

16 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

But it's not about what Ozzy is right now, but about Sabbath's prime and what they contributed to music. Calling them not good is just ridiculous. 

I'm not wrong because I don't like what you do, is that understandable? One person could think a band are the greatest ever, if I don't like it...I'm not changing my mind on it

My dad saw the Beatles 7 times and are the greatest ever, I think they're over rated pop band, neither of us are wrong ...it's about opinions, that's how life works and what this forum is for 

Edited by DSTK

5 minutes ago, DSTK said:

I'm not wrong because I don't like what you do, is that understandable? One person could think a band are the greatest ever, if I don't like it...I'm not changing my mind on it

My dad saw the Beatles 7 times and are the greatest ever, I think they're over rated pop band, neither of us are wrong ...it's about opinions, that's how life works and what this forum is for 

I know music is subjective, but some things are just fucking ridiculous to say. 

• Like 1