SMKC 2024 Setlist

Ralphelmo

1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

I really hope that band will play again some Slash's Snakepit songs. Speed Parade is not enough, let's bring back Just Like Anything, Beggars & Hangers On, Mean Bone, Serial Killer and freakin' SHINE! 

Man, I hope they someday play Back to the Moment. It's probably my favourite post-GnR Slash song of all time. I know it probably won't sound as good with Myles but still... I'd love to hear that live.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Man, I hope they someday play Back to the Moment. It's probably my favourite post-GnR Slash song of all time. I know it probably won't sound as good with Myles but still... I'd love to hear that live.

Great song. I think that Myles would work well on it, adding a bit of "tenderness" to some spots to make the vocals more dynamic. 

I'd hope for Back and Forth Again. It is in my top 4 (Watch This, Slither, Come On Come In *No particular order). It has one of my top Slash solos including GNR. Heck, I think that they could take that recording and have Axl re-singing Dover's vocals, with Duff re-doing the bass, and it would be a huge hit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm confident that the show will rock no matter what they actually going to play. They've got a big back catalogue by themselves and enough outside material they could choose from. Of course I'm interested in some Snakepit material but I really want to get some of 4 because I'm excited hiw these songs were worked out. Sometimes small changes can make a big difference. 

3 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

YES, WOF is great, there's no single song I don't like.

I'd love to hear those bangers again, they hit different with proper drumming by Brent Fitz

Indeed but I doubt he will bring GNR tracks back in the setlist. DTJ would be extremely great though. 

6 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

YES, WOF is great, there's no single song I don't like.

I'd love to hear those bangers again, they hit different with proper drumming by Brent Fitz

I agree but I think the days of SMKC doing GnR are over, apart from the occasional tune with Duff or Fortus.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Definitely prefer no GNR stuff. 

What's going on with the new album though? I thought there was the 'blues influenced one' with various guests, and another from SMKC? 

Am I remembering this wrong, as the tour is clearly based around 4? 

Slash is doing another solo album, blues-influenced with guests. I don't know about the next SMKC album

• Like 1

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

Myles is always in perfect shape!! 

Love the new name and pic :heart: Le Grande Eric :headbang:

True, he definitely gives a bunch of guys my age a run for our money :lol: Shame they're not playing in Norway, would be fun to catch a show sometime.

Eric's a proper artist, on and off the pitch!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Definitely prefer no GNR stuff. 

What's going on with the new album though? I thought there was the 'blues influenced one' with various guests, and another from SMKC? 

Am I remembering this wrong, as the tour is clearly based around 4? 

I think the blues influenced solo record is already recorded but since 4 has only been toured in the US so far, they have to finish that first. The rest of the world tour should have happened in 2023 so they are a little late, but I think we're gonna hear more about the solo record once the GNR tour is over and the SMKC tour starts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I think the blues influenced solo record is already recorded but since 4 has only been toured in the US so far, they have to finish that first. The rest of the world tour should have happened in 2023 so they are a little late, but I think we're gonna hear more about the solo record once the GNR tour is over and the SMKC tour starts.

Something to look forward to! An album that will arrive, on time no doubt. Madness! 

• Haha 1