THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m surprised how much disagreement and theories are floating out there. It’s pretty clear to me. Both will be on the vinyl, if it was registered as one song on the song databases. It’s not like one just appeared out of nowhere. Also, how would anyone get access to NITL mixes? 

I wonder if GNR fans, now that the “holy grail” has leaked, need to find something to theorize and discuss to death since there’s nothing else we can really do it about now.

I hope they are :)

Well now that im not a hangry baby anymore, what im actually more curious about is, slash said once they are gonna release songs from the CD era til there is about an album worth (my guess is 9-12) then they wanna do a full length new Gn'R album. SOOOOOO..... that being said, what songs would you like to see release after the general and monsters-and-chicken-and-everything-else-cause-fuck-, and it what order?

5 minutes ago, Wabby said:

Monsters would be such a great way to end an album, just seems like it would have been the perfect closing track for CD II

I agree, especially with the “it’s over now” vocals. The 2000 Hardschool with the long intro would have been a great CD2 opener, or Zodiac 13 with that piano false intro. 

• Like 2

Ah yes, I’ve been meaning to ask this for a few days:

I believe Slash said in an interview something along the lines of “we have turns with more complicated arrangements coming out…” comparing to Absurd and HS  

Is that TG and Monsters? Are the arrangements that complicated? Asking the folks with a musical background obviously. 

7 hours ago, kitstuai said:

If these are the final versions? Of course I will be

Releasing such poorly produced tracks with Axl on the megaphone for 'The General' would just be mocking the fans. The guitar parts on the cell phone recording are so much better. The full orchestra intro from 2006 as well. You barely hearing the pizzicatos in the leaks and the brass instruments disappeared. What a shame for Beltrami's work. So yeah, I will be embarrassed to get this "recording". And I won't be the only one 

Oh, my god. Here is the proof folks. I thought because we hadn’t heard prior versions of these songs with Finck or Bucket, people would STFU about how the originals were “much better” and how Slash “ruined” the songs. But we’re really gonna have comments from folks who will praise the cell phone leak over what we’ve now heard. The cell phone leak where you can barely make out fuck-all.

• Like 4

Just now, Its Tino said:

Ah yes, I’ve been meaning to ask this for a few days:

I believe Slash said in an interview something along the lines of “we have turns with more complicated arrangements coming out…” comparing to Absurd and HS  

Is that TG and Monsters? Are the arrangements that complicated? Asking the folks with a musical background obviously. 

complicated arrangements? kind of kind of not. there are parts with some complexities and layers of depth. but i dont know how complicated is to slash xD

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

I agree, especially with the “it’s over now” vocals. The 2000 Hardschool with the long intro would have been a great CD2 opener, or Zodiac 13 with that piano false intro. 

Yup, would love to see an alternate timeline where we got a CD II in 2010 with this exactly. It’s funny the VR comparisons for Monster which I totally got as well and i was no way a die hard VR fan but I always liked Loving the Alien as a closing track on Contraband

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Miden34 said:

Hell even 44.1kHz isnt possible to rip from vinyl

You dont rip vinyl. You convert its audio into digital. And then you can make anything you want out from it. Anything. But those leaked songs (genera&monster) are not from a vinyl. Thats for sure. Other than that. Who knows untill we get the Perhaps single

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kitstuai said:

If these are the final versions? Of course I will be

Releasing such poorly produced tracks with Axl on the megaphone for 'The General' would just be mocking the fans. The guitar parts on the cell phone recording are so much better. The full orchestra intro from 2006 as well. You barely hearing the pizzicatos in the leaks and the brass instruments disappeared. What a shame for Beltrami's work. So yeah, I will be embarrassed to get this "recording". And I won't be the only one 

i agree so hard my friend. 

4 minutes ago, Miden34 said:

State of grace, Devious Bastards, Atlas, D-tune, Me and My Elvis.

Also what i will say is i hope im not right kinda about the general demo cause i LOVE the breakdown toward the end of the song. its SOOOOOO good. right before the final chorus. 

SoG (thankfully) evolved into Monsters. My opinion of course 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, GnR Chris said:

Oh, my god. Here is the proof folks. I thought because we hadn’t heard prior versions of these songs with Finck or Bucket, people would STFU about how the originals were “much better” and how Slash “ruined” the songs. But we’re really gonna have comments from folks who will praise the cell phone leak over what we’ve now heard. The cell phone leak where you can barely make out fuck-all.

Did I say Slash ruined the song? 

I prefer the instrumental from back then, I have a vocal removed version of that clip so I don't hear any people but the song. 

6 minutes ago, ragamuffin said:

You dont rip vinyl. You convert its audio into digital. And then you can make anything you want out from it. Anything. But those leaked songs (genera&monster) are not from a vinyl. Thats for sure. Other than that. Who knows untill we get the Perhaps single

i know you dont "rip" it xD its just the term i use like or dont i dont give a fuck. 

2 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Edit: you're clearly going through a lot and I'm trying to not make it worse.

Not one bit...stuipidy levels on questions lately here are rivalling this , sometimes a stupid question deserves a straight answer 

From reddit , who's on first tonight? Black keys or GNR ?

As it's November, will they play November rain?  ( genuine questions) probably from an American 

Now here we've somehow asking if a leak has been proved to be official...what's he expecting?  Just wait for the single to be released, that's all the proof you'll need. Opinions til then isn't it 

Edited by DSTK