When did you officially become a Guns N'Roses Fan? πŸ˜€πŸ€”

On 12/19/2023 at 1:12 AM, Powderfinger said:

We saw some good times though, times I wouldn’t swap my years for.Β 

we certainly did, and sometimes i agree i would never swap because i would hate to be young and growing up with the crap thats being forced on us

Β 

but 50 years old is getting closer and a heart condition may sway me if i was able toΒ  lol

• Like 2

March 1989. Was a 15 year old working for a neighbours building company during the Easter holidays in the UK. I was being driven around in a van picking up building supplies and dropping supplies around to the sites where people were working. Paradise City was in the charts and being played on radio 1 on heavy rotation. Each listen drew me in more and more. Shortly after I went and bought AFD banned cover on vinyl, that first play was enough to hook me completely, next day I went out and bought Lies and so the obsession began. Went into Brighton around 2-3 times a week going around all the record stores buying anything I didn't have over the coming months and various record fayres. Happy memoriesΒ 

• Like 4

In 1991 when I was in the 1st grade. Friends dad had UYI 2 in the car and I thought the swearing was cool. I was so young. And I was slash for Halloween that year. Been a fan since. Had a friend's older brother copy me TSI and my older bro Traded some Misfits tapes for AFD.Β  Still have all the tapesΒ 

Edited by AppetiteForDestruction
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AppetiteForDestruction said:

In 1991 when I was in the 1st grade. Friends dad had UYI 2 in the car and I thought the swearing was cool. I was so young. And I was slash for Halloween that year. Been a fan since. Had a friend's older brother copy me TSI and my older bro Traded some Misfits tapes for AFD.Β  Still have all the tapesΒ 

Speaking of being a fan of Slash, a woman said when she was a little girl, she kissed a Slash Poster that her older brother had in his room. Her brother caught her and tried to beat her up for kissing his Slash Poster! 😳 She laughed at the memory however. 

Many people, especially younger people, discovered Tom Petty through the GTA VI trailer with the song "Love Is A Long Road".

That's exactly what happened to me in 2004 with the official TV Playstation 2 trailer for GTA San Andreas with "Welcome To The Jungle" on TV and CDs in games magazines. Heard up and down. I was just 13 years old. Greatest Hits was currently available for purchase at the music store. All albums were listed in the booklet. I bought these one by one from AFD to Live Era. Additionally Tokyo 1992 & Welcome To The Videos. That was my stuff before I got internet. Then the Bootleg Era began in 2010 for me. In 2012 the first live concert in my life with Guns N' Roses.

• Like 1