When did you officially become a Guns N'Roses Fan? πŸ˜€πŸ€”

I officially became a Guns N'Roses Fan in lateΒ  2021. πŸ˜€Β  When I first heard Sweet Child Of Mine a REALLY long time ago, I thought,"I love how clear and understandable the lead Singer's voice is, I don't even need to look up what he is saying because his voice is that clear and understandable. πŸ˜€ Boy, I didn't know what I would be getting into when it comes to how hard it is to understand what Axl is singing sometimes! 🀣🀭 

I was always okay with Guns N'Roses, but in late 2021, that's when I officially was like, "I REALLY like Guns N'Roses. πŸ˜€ I begun gushing about Guns N'Roses on random websites, LMAO ! 🀣 and then I thought,"I'm going to look for Guns N'Roses Fan Websites so I can continue gushing about them, 🀣 and I found a few Guns N'Roses Fan Websites and joined(and gushed) . 🀣🀭 2020 was also when I started liking them a little bit more. I had a tooth abscess, and it was so painful, and I watched the Paradise City video and it literally made me feel a little better! LMAO! 🀣  I also started liking them a little more when VH1 had a list, something like,"Most shocking and controversial moments in Rock and Roll History in about 2013,Β  and The infamous Riverport Concert Riot was like number 10. I thought,"This Axl guy seems like a maniac, and I love it!" 🀣🀭

Β 

What about you? πŸ˜€ When did you officially become a Guns N'Roses Fan? πŸ˜€

• Like 3

In 1991 I was sitting on the floor of my parents living room in Somerset playing with toys. They had the TV on and I heard my dad talk over everyone and say 'Listen!', It was clear he wanted to hear what was on the TV, it was a news flash. I wasn't really old enough to understand what a news flash was but I have a very vivid memory of my dad saying 'I knew that man' in a kind of shocked voice..Β  A guy called Freddie had died. I didn't really understand what of, or even how my dad knew this person. He explained to me that in his University days he would have a beer and occasionally jam with local bands & knew the band that Freddie was in a little bit. He only met Freddie 3 or 4 times, was around Roger Taylor more than the others, but it was still weird to see a family member act shocked in a way I had never seen before.Β 

In the coming days and I guess weeks there were updates on the news about a massive show being played in this guys memory. I had no idea at all who any of these bands were really, but i do remember watching it. There was this crazy looking guy wearing what looked like a leather kilt stomping around on stage....I asked my dad if the man was Scottish & his response was.... 'No he isn't Scottish just a very silly man' lol.

& For some reason I was hooked, made friends at school with others into the band and learned more.

Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When I was 11 I saw the Donβ€˜t Cry video. Somehow I was drwan to that band and I liked the song, but I couldnβ€˜t handle their raw appearance at first. Then came YCBM, the rest of the UYI videos, Freddie Tribute etc and through MTV I turned into a complete GNR maniac, that I am till this day

• Like 1

You could be mine video in MTV in summer 1992 in Greece. I was so impressed with the live band and T2 movie scenes together and got hooked. Soon i bought the use your illusion 1 vinyl thinking the song will be in it...it was not but so many other great tracks in it that were growing daily on me. I still remeber the smell of the cover, the innerfold the vinyls and the needle of the record player. I felt so much warmth, comfort, it wasΒ  like shooting heroin running through my veins. I couldn't stop playing those songs, reading the lyrics and try to find all type of magazines, articles, stickers, photos, posters, t-shirts & information about the band. Eventually i bought uyi2 vinyl which i loved even more and eventually the afd vinyl with the rape cover, which at first i didnt like as much as the uyi albums. It took me some time.

Β 

Remember following the HTGTH forum hopping the band will form again and release new songs, really supporting axl and his new band and all the slash and duffs solo projects.

Highlight the 2002 Leeds & london shows and even more the 2006 UK tour with izzy all the 6-7 shows which i filmed them and released.

I remember being dissatisfied with VR which i even left mid concert to return home.

Also dissatisfied that robin, buckethead and brain were replaced by DJashba, frank and bumblefoot. Lost a lot of interest between 2010 & 2016 and connection with the band.

The reunion sparked some i interest and Axl/DC and especially when atΒ  2021 started releasing songs again and the 1991 ritz video and this year shows where Axl finally after 2006 looked more engaged, happy, talkative and fit running & performing more to my liking. The lack of rasp & the cleaner voice i dont mind it as much, though 2006 voice was very pleasant for me.

Can't wait for all the cd2 songs to be released and finally bring a closure to that era since it started about 1996.

• Like 3

In 2006, I was about 9 years old and bored, going through a bunch of my mom's old stuff I wasn't allowed to be in. I was strictly a country fan at that time (papaw lol) but I pulled out her old Rolling Stone magazine that had Axl on the cover from 91 or 92 I believe. I didn't even hear anything but I was hooked, she was excited I was interested in her music and played me everything, I've been a huge fan since then. Thanks mommaΒ :heart:

• Like 2

October 1987, my family had just got cable. My father and I were watching MTV. During this time, I was fighting for my civil rights to a public education. While my father and I were watching MTV, a video montage came on of George Michael, Bon Jovi, and this red headed guy in an electrical chair watching TVs and screaming like a banshee. My father said this was a good band named Guns N' Roses. A few days later, I watched the Welcome to the Jungle video in its entirety. It was something I can relate to given what I was going through at the time.Β 

Edited by Draguns
  • Like 3

I’m a late bloomer, I’d say 2006 when I was around 15

I discovered Slash and the band in 2005 but it all clicked when I heard SCoM. The solo did me in.Β 

Finally seeing (a version of) the band in 2010 was borderline religious and one of my happiest memories

Edited by ZoSoRose

Summer of 1988. Family vacation to Germany. The girl I was in love with had already told me about this cool rock band. I heard Sweet Child O' Mine on the radio as we drove through Denmark. I wanted to buy some vinyl and while browsing through this record store in some city in Germany, I saw this raw album (Appetite with the original artwork). I deliberated for a while between buying it or buying some shitty pop album that was trending at the time (Sabrina?), but went with Appetite, mostly because I wanted to get with that girl. After the vacation I put in on the turntable back home and I was sold.Β Β 

• Like 2