Guns N' Roses Streaming Numbers

Since I Don't Have You isn't really that great. I love the New Rose - Down on The Farm - Human Being - Raw Power - Ain't it Fun combo. 

And it's interesting to me how TIL is so popular above the other CD tunes. If they released a video for that, I'm sure it would stack up way higher.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Since I Don't Have You isn't really that great. I love the New Rose - Down on The Farm - Human Being - Raw Power - Ain't it Fun combo. 

And it's interesting to me how TIL is so popular above the other CD tunes. If they released a video for that, I'm sure it would stack up way higher.

I guess TIL is the most CD mainstream song.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, downzy said:

Metallica, Nirvana, Elton John, Fleetwood Mac, and Bon Jovi have two songs with at least one billion streams.

Metallica has a far bigger presence on YouTube and you did say you only considered spotify streams so yes I am aware.  Im just adding extra to your post.

8 minutes ago, RnRHOFGNR said:

Metallica has a far bigger presence on YouTube and you did say you only considered spotify streams so yes I am aware.  Im just adding extra to your post.

Metallica's view count for its top five videos:

Nothing Else Matters - 1.3 billion
Enter Sandman - 688 million
One - 309 million
The Unforgiven - 137 million
Whiskey In The Jar - 128 million

GNR's top six videos:

November Rain - 2.1 billion
Sweet Child O' Mine - 1.6 billion
Paradise City - 800 million
Patience - 783 million
Don't Cry - 770 million
Welcome to the Jungle - 583 million

And in case you're wondering, most of the videos were uploaded around the same time (11 to 14 years ago). 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

2 hours ago, downzy said:

It's interesting to imagine how CD would have been received had it been given a proper launch.

Release Better as the first single then follow it up with This I Love.  Videos for both.

There Was A Time should have been the third single. 

CD to me is bittersweet, it was so good to have it finally released and having an all new album to explore and I still enjoy it to this day but it’s so sad it wasn’t properly delivered with singles/videos and promotion (interviews) from Axl. Such a missed opportunity for something he’d worked so hard on

4 minutes ago, downzy said:

I stopped caring about how it was received years ago.  It was never going to be the return the band to what it once was in the late 80s and early 90s. I feel bad for Axl that it didn't roll out how he might have wanted (though, some of that is on him for doing next to nothing to promote it himself).

But speaking selfishly, its success really didn't affect my enjoyment of the music one way or another.  The irony of saying this in a thread like this one (in which I point out the monumental popularity of some of GNR's songs) is not lost on me.  It's nice to have the things we like validated by a wider audience.  But whether one person likes TWAT or 10 million do, I'm still going to love that song. 

Maybe I'm kidding myself, but I'd like to think that the popularity of something doesn't affect my enjoyment of it.  

Oh I completely agree with everything you’ve just said, I’ve never really cared about what casuals or none fans say about the band, I had the piss taken out of me for years in school for liking them but I stuck with them.

I guess what I was saying was selfishly wanting more for myself to enjoy with that somewhat underwhelming release. It was fun of course but there could have been so much more. Looking back it’s like the album came and then.. well that was it. Back to touring a year later. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

I love that song and I consider it in the family of Axl’s masterpieces as far as writing goes BUT would’ve preferred  a version with less layers. I’m surprised the most popular isn’t Street Of Dreams or Better  

When i refered like most th mainstream song is about that it ķind of song have more charme to casuals fans, different hard rock kind. 

Call my attention that WTTJ has  "just" 580 millons.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, downzy said:

It's interesting to imagine how CD would have been received had it been given a proper launch.

Release Better as the first single then follow it up with This I Love.  Videos for both.

Totally agreed. 

9 hours ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

I love that song and I consider it in the family of Axl’s masterpieces as far as writing goes BUT would’ve preferred  a version with less layers. I’m surprised the most popular isn’t Street Of Dreams or Better  

Agreed. I love it but wish I could hear the guitars more on the studio track, they're just buried

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

Less layers? Are we talking about this I love? I think the reason its so popular is because its the only song that doesnt have loads of layers. It's a single axl vocal, a piano, and a synth in the verse. (hidden orchestra should be louder if anything) then some dramatic drums and a guitar solo. it's the least layered of all gnr songs. maybe ever!

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

Less layers? Are we talking about this I love? I think the reason its so popular is because its the only song that doesnt have loads of layers. It's a single axl vocal, a piano, and a synth in the verse. (hidden orchestra should be louder if anything) then some dramatic drums and a guitar solo. it's the least layered of all gnr songs. maybe ever!

Yeah, I also found that comment a bit strange. Compared to most songs on Chinese, This I Love is extremely simple in arrangement. I still hate it, though :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

In all honesty and in my opinion of course, SIDHY is the worst song, that the classic era has ever released. I don’t count My World which I don’t consider to be a song at all. 
I agree on the combo you posted. Good stuff and it peaks into Raw Power and Ain‘t It Fun.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Less layers? Are we talking about this I love? I think the reason it’s so popular is because it’s the only song that doesnt have loads of layers. It's a single axl vocal, a piano, and a synth in the verse. (hidden orchestra should be louder if anything) then some dramatic drums and a guitar solo. it's the least layered of all gnr songs. maybe ever!

Yep, layers. Doubled vocals on the end of the last verse (octave) and choruses (doubled). Just sounds super processed, almost too clean. I like all the orchestra parts but i guess what I’m getting at is, I would love to hear the song with literally just piano and one vocal track. I can appreciate the leaked remix version that’s raspier. I guess the vocal layers are necessary with the clean voice  but can you imagine if that chorus had the same power it does live but on the record? 

It is far from the less layered of all gnr songs. 

Edited by Appetitefordiscussion

7 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Agreed. I love it but wish I could hear the guitars more on the studio track, they're just buried

Exactly. I maybe shouldn’t call it “too layered”, but m it’s just a neutered mix. More guitar, less strings maybe would’ve fixed some of that. The live version has always sounded so good IMO, I love when the guitars come crashing in on the chorus right before the solo. 

Edited by Appetitefordiscussion

38 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

In all honesty and in my opinion of course, SIDHY is the worst song, that the classic era has ever released. I don’t count My World which I don’t consider to be a song at all. 
I agree on the combo you posted. Good stuff and it peaks into Raw Power and Ain‘t It Fun.

I loved SIDHY.  Axl's vocals really shine on that one.

For me, Down On The Farm is the best track from Spaghetti.  Never understood the love that Ain't It Fun got.  Good vocal and guitar performances, but the never liked the song itself.  

1 hour ago, downzy said:

I loved SIDHY.  Axl's vocals really shine on that one.

For me, Down On The Farm is the best track from Spaghetti.  Never understood the love that Ain't It Fun got.  Good vocal and guitar performances, but the never liked the song itself.  

It’s amazing how we all love the same band for different reasons and different songs :lol:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I don't consider it the worst song, but I think it's boring. I agree 100% with Raw Power and Ain't it Fun.

22 hours ago, downzy said:

Never understood the love that Ain't It Fun got.  Good vocal and guitar performances, but the never liked the song itself.  

I love it. It was one of the songs (alongside with Breakdown) that got me into learning how to play a guitar.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 9:29 AM, downzy said:

I really think if you released the same exact album and just said Slash played on it, it would’ve done 10x better. There would be many casuals and possibly fans who would’ve then felt they had the right to appreciate the music and wouldn’t feel like they automatically hated it. It’s a great album with many highlights that never got the love it deserved.

3 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I love it. It was one of the songs (alongside with Breakdown) that got me into learning how to play a guitar.

For me, the melody is lacking. I like GNR songs mostly because of Axl’s melodies/hooks. A chorus that is just yelling “Such Fun!” over and over again doesn’t do much for me. 

• Like 2