Duff to replace Cliff Williams un ACDC's 2024 World tour (Rumor)

2 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

It's a slippery slope man, i mean first you say Stinson, then you will be suggesting Bucket replace Angus, before you know it ACDC will be the 02 lineup of gnr and you will be in the crowd screaming Soul Monster surrounded by bemused ACDC fans

Oh yes, any band with Tommy, Axl, and Bucket would get my attention and money, unless they keep Frank on drums! :P Just kidding, I'd still see them with Frank. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Seb91 said:

I think the Power Trip reviews were more goodwill to Brian and excitement over seeing him back in the band. That’s certainly why I enjoyed seeing the footage and whilst he was undeniably ropy in places, his voice was pretty much as I expected. 

To be honest, I can’t think of any hard rock guys in their 60s and 70s who don’t sound ropy these days to a greater or lesser extent. I mean, Axl’s vocals generate a lot of discussion here and he’s over ten years younger than Brian. I mean, I completely get why Robert Plant opted to quit whilst he was ahead re the heavier stuff and change genre to preserve his voice. Saw him live twice last year and he sounded amazing because he wasn’t straining to sing hard rock all night. 

Plant's voice is still good, but there's no running round etc...he's a statue for an hour, and that's all he plays , I feel for Brian cos I really like the guy, even though every acdc album sounds exactly the same 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DSTK said:

Plant's voice is still good, but there's no running round etc...he's a statue for an hour, and that's all he plays , I feel for Brian cos I really like the guy, even though every acdc album sounds exactly the same 

Yeah, Plant's always been a 'less is more' frontman. I loved the Saving Grace shows I saw last year, lots of banter with the crowd. I agree re Brian. Part of me thinks they should just do one pay per view show as a final farewell. No touring means Phil and Cliff could be part of the show and it would be a fitting farewell. I guess the thing is that Angus is a bit younger than the other guys and obviously still wants to get out there and play which is understandable. 

6 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

This rumor has been refuted by Dean Delray, who is close to the band. However, he did confirm that the holdup is related to Cliff.

Shame no Duff but it does seem the rumour was just because of the Axl/DC thing and the guest spots Angus has done with Guns rather than any real evidence. Will be interesting to see if they do decide to go with a famous bass player. Hoping Brian does do one final tour even if it isn't with the classic rhythm section. 

Edited by Seb91

3 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Were people really expecting Duff? 

I thought that was just fan booking that carried over after Axls stint with the band and cliffs retirement.

On 1/31/2024 at 2:17 PM, Seb91 said:

I think the Power Trip reviews were more goodwill to Brian and excitement over seeing him back in the band. That’s certainly why I enjoyed seeing the footage and whilst he was undeniably ropy in places, his voice was pretty much as I expected. 

To be honest, I can’t think of any hard rock guys in their 60s and 70s who don’t sound ropy these days to a greater or lesser extent. I mean, Axl’s vocals generate a lot of discussion here and he’s over ten years younger than Brian. I mean, I completely get why Robert Plant opted to quit whilst he was ahead re the heavier stuff and change genre to preserve his voice. Saw him live twice last year and he sounded amazing because he wasn’t straining to sing hard rock all night. 

I think in the case of Plant that maybe he chose to do other styles of music not just because singing hard rock in his style was brutally demanding, but also cause he had an interest in exploring new styles so even if he was still able to do hard rock at his peak level, maybe he would still do other things and not just limit himself to hard rock. he did a lot inside the genre of hard rock and he changed his style quite a bit. just my opinion of course, I love his later day work and in Zeppelin.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I know the duff thing. But he didn't say that the cliff situation is the reason for the hold up 

"Ok last night I heard from a very reliable source that AC/DC will be touring with a new Bass Player this year."

He didn't explicitly say it, but if they had to look for a new bass player, that would be the most logical explanation for the delay.

if I'm correct Cliff already announced his retirement in 2016, he probably changed
his mind just to pay tribute to Malcolm Young (who died in 2017) with their last
album to date, so that's kinda natural and logical that he's retiring now. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 6:17 AM, Seb91 said:

Steven Tyler still sounds incredible... don't know how.... but the dude is like 109 years old. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rjuncajun said:

Steven Tyler still sounds incredible... don't know how.... but the dude is like 109 years old. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/aerosmiths-steven-tyler-health-vocal-cord-injury-concerts-update/

"His doctor has confirmed that in addition to the damage to his vocal cords, he fractured his larynx which requires ongoing care"

Yeah it's going great...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rjuncajun said:

he's awesome, as a singer AND a frontman...we use to talk about Freddie Mercury as the definitive performer, but clearly Steven is in the same league...and yeah he's 75...

• Like 1