Duff to replace Cliff Williams un ACDC's 2024 World tour (Rumor)

4 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Would be cool if Axl replaced Brian, Slash replaced Angus, and they brought in Izzy to play rhythm.

They’re already using a drummer from Slash’s Snakepit, and Axl has already replaced Brian before, so might as well…

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

If AC/DC are doing a tour of stadiums this summer it's getting quite late to announce it.....

gnr announced it in february last year. ac/dc were supposed to announce it by november 23 already but it got postponed for some reason. apparently to make more room for days off between shows

8 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

gnr announced it in february last year. ac/dc were supposed to announce it by november 23 already but it got postponed for some reason. apparently to make more room for days off between shows

Oh right- February is very late! Usually they seem to get announced before Christmas, presumably in the hope of picking up sales as presents. 

See what happens then. I don't believe these Duff rumours though. 

48 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Duff filling in might increase chances of Axl joining Brian for a song or two at a show. However, I'd rather hear Cliff playing bass in AC/DC.

We would all prefer to see Cliff, but if the rumours are correct AC/DC are planning a bit more than a few shows so Cliff likely did bow out. 

Duff as the bassist? It's not an obvious choice, but like a few hate said Axl was a Leftfield choice too. I would love to see band picture. Duff towering over the rest of the band🤣

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

They should do a co-headline tour

GNR/ACDC

Honestly though, if this is AC/DC’s last tour, I’d feel cheated if Duff was in the band. I’d want the concert ad original as possible. I have no doubts Duff could do the job  though. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

In all seriousness, I don't see Duff fitting into AC/DC at all. I can't see him staying completely stationary for the whole show, save for stepping up to do backing vocals (Which speaking of, I can't see his backing vocals meshing well with Stevie's). As simplistic as bass is in AC/DC, it's an extremely stoic, bordering on invisible gig. It works for an "every man" like Cliff, but Duff just...stands out too much. 

Yeah, I imagine they'd be keen for the main story to be Brian back for a tour again and having a big name and stage presence like Duff could detract from that. That being said, Cliff's out so having a big name bassist in the band like Duff would sweeten the deal for me. 

5 hours ago, John Reid said:

GNR/ACDC

Honestly though, if this is AC/DC’s last tour, I’d feel cheated if Duff was in the band. I’d want the concert ad original as possible. I have no doubts Duff could do the job  though. 

I think it's a shame that it seems what's likely to be AC/DC's final tour and indeed the first one with Brian in years will feature fewer members with a significant history with the band than Axl/DC (sure, Chris was on the Axl/DC tour rather than Phil but he was in the band for five years back in the day and played on The Razor's Edge). I feel extremely fortunate I was able to catch the classic Brian era band at Download during the Black Ice tour as a kid. Had no idea of the significance at the time. Still, I'd be up for this despite the lineup change as I love AC/DC and seeing Brian and Angus together on stage would be amazing. 

5 hours ago, John Reid said:

GNR/ACDC

Would love Angus to do something with the GN'R folks if the end of AC/DC is nigh. It seems he's the main one that's keen to tour still. I think a Duff/Angus co-written album would be fun. 

Edited by Seb91

2 hours ago, DSTK said:

They were really poor at power trip, Brian isn't any good now...sounds horrific, I really didn't get the good reviews

Duff really wouldn't fit 

I think the Power Trip reviews were more goodwill to Brian and excitement over seeing him back in the band. That’s certainly why I enjoyed seeing the footage and whilst he was undeniably ropy in places, his voice was pretty much as I expected. 

To be honest, I can’t think of any hard rock guys in their 60s and 70s who don’t sound ropy these days to a greater or lesser extent. I mean, Axl’s vocals generate a lot of discussion here and he’s over ten years younger than Brian. I mean, I completely get why Robert Plant opted to quit whilst he was ahead re the heavier stuff and change genre to preserve his voice. Saw him live twice last year and he sounded amazing because he wasn’t straining to sing hard rock all night. 

• Like 3