Killing Floor - Slash feat. Brian Johnson

14 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I don't saw it movie, she said it?  Mi take was an joke about you spanish language post, then my reply was the same post on english language :D

yeah in the movie it's an alien that loves chicken and Bruce Willis

• Haha 1

On 3/24/2024 at 12:00 AM, Rovim said:

why would Frank lie about it though? Slash seems to be having a blast with the conspirators on this tour and the poster you're replying to is credible with some connections to the band. 

I wouldn't say he's lying, I'm saying that people always paint a rosy picture for social media, or just put on a public persona that doesn't really reflect how they feel inside all the time. Like I said, you can read interviews with Slash in the 1990s talking about how GNR was as tight a band of brothers as always.

And again, I'm not even staking a claim on one side or the other here. Just pointing out that nobody really knows how they feel. Never mind people with connections, even Meegan may not know how Slash really feels about the project.

On 3/24/2024 at 1:42 AM, MaskingApathy said:

I'm not talking about his post, I added that because it seemed relevant to what we're talking about. What I've been saying is based on private conversations I've had with in the last month or so with people involved with SMKC. Not going to give any specifics because they're private conversations with friends but I can tell you with absolute certainity that that the idea that Slash's heart is no longer in SMKC and he's just using it as an excuse to tour is 100% false.  The fact is that if he wanted to tour he could go out with them anytime and do it and play the old stuff, he doesn't necessarily need a new record for that (although he has stated in the past that he makes records so that he can tour them but there's more to it than that). 

Also the fact that they put together new setlists in 2022 and then made some new changes this year says to me that he (and the band) are very much invested in what they're doing. They made Always on the Run a regular feature and brought back deep cuts like Shots Fired, Bad Rain, No More Heroes, Nothing to Say (in 2022) and Too Far Gone this year. Oh and don't forget Don't Damn Me and Bad Apples too. They could've just kept the general setlist from the LTD tour and swapped in a few songs from 4 but they redid it completely. 

This guy gets it^^

Yeah Frank has no reason to lie. They're all very excited to be playing together again. The blues album has nothing to do with Slash being tired of SMKC, it's just another creative outlet. Something different to explore another side of his playing and an opportunity to collaborate with different people who he maybe wouldn't get to otherwise. In some of the interviews that he's done recently about this album he's said that he wanted to do the blues album for a long time and now's he's finally had the chance to put it together. Nothing more to it than that, no deeper meanings or hidden drama. It doesn't sound like it took that long to record everything either, at least the basic instrumental tracks as seen in the video. He probably had to wait longer to do the parts with the guests.

I don't really care to argue the point that much, but you seem to be leaning a lot on touring. Slash has always and will always love touring. My opinion is that he's not as inspired when it comes to writing with SMKC as he used to be.

I'm not the guy suggesting the blues album means SMKC is finished, that's just wild speculation.

5 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

I wouldn't say he's lying, I'm saying that people always paint a rosy picture for social media, or just put on a public persona that doesn't really reflect how they feel inside all the time. Like I said, you can read interviews with Slash in the 1990s talking about how GNR was as tight a band of brothers as always.

And again, I'm not even staking a claim on one side or the other here. Just pointing out that nobody really knows how they feel. Never mind people with connections, even Meegan may not know how Slash really feels about the project.

I don't really care to argue the point that much, but you seem to be leaning a lot on touring. Slash has always and will always love touring. My opinion is that he's not as inspired when it comes to writing with SMKC as he used to be.

I'm not the guy suggesting the blues album means SMKC is finished, that's just wild speculation.

but it's his ideas....his decision to keep it going. why would he come up with the music for a band and continue that band without it making comparable profit to his Gn'R gig if not for the joy of it? you're reading too much into it, they are having fun playing together and getting to support their album, 4 that they've made together.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Rovim said:

but it's his ideas....his decision to keep it going. why would he come up with the music for a band and continue that band without it making comparable profit to his Gn'R gig if not for the joy of it? you're reading too much into it, they are having fun playing together and getting to support their album, 4 that they've made together.

Because he has literally said it himself that he only makes albums so he can tour. I'm not reading into anything.

"The only reason I make records is so I can go out and tour. Because as a guitar player, I love playing guitar - I don't love being in the studio, I don't love sitting around my house playing the guitar - I like playing live."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/slash_this_is_the_only_reason_why_i_make_records.html

Edited by evilfacelessturtle

41 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Because he has literally said it himself that he only makes albums so he can tour. I'm not reading into anything.

"The only reason I make records is so I can go out and tour. Because as a guitar player, I love playing guitar - I don't love being in the studio, I don't love sitting around my house playing the guitar - I like playing live."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/slash_this_is_the_only_reason_why_i_make_records.html

but that was always the case with Slash, his priorities as a musician what is your point

• Like 1