Killing Floor - Slash feat. Brian Johnson

6 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You can believe that, but in the year 2024 I will believe it's not really realistic to think he won't check something that is so instant and easy to look up, especially for an older guy in his 50s who isn't preoccupied with partying and drinking. He can't lay in bed with Megan in the evening, and check on his phone literally within 30 seconds how well his new single is doing? Especially since it's a new project. I think you're still thinking it terms of older life and not in terms of a realistic life of people in the 2020's. And EVEN if not, probably no single he released has garnered that much attention and so quickly in probably 14 years, trust me he knows and if he didn't he was told by somebody, even if he doesn't follow it himself.

If the album really takes off in terms of popularity and how it does, he WILL know. If he really wanted to just crap something out on the side and wasn't really interested in following how it would be doing, he wouldn't have hired Mike Clink who with his credentials can charge artists more to only walk through their door than other producers can charge for an entire session.

All I'm saying is that, after churning out the same WOF clone (and it being worse, with 4 now being the absolute bottom with now newly added crap production) and this new album looking like it's going to completely overshadow the last SMKC singles in terms of success, that maybe it would now be somewhat time to wake up and smell the coffee.

I can truly imagine what will happen.

”Hey Myles, I recorded this blues cover album, that was really well received. Better than anything we did before. People still love blues, let’s gonna record  an album full of self written blues songs with the Conspirators. You’ve got the chops” 

😂😂

noticed how Slsh basically did the same thing Santana did: made 1 album with guest singers of original material in 1999 (Supernatural) and another album with guest singers that was all covers (2010's Guitar Heaven)

(one difference is there's an original instrumental on Slash's Orgie Of The Damned)

Edit: santana's second guest singers album was rock covers while slash's is blues covers.

Edited by Rovim

9 hours ago, Rovim said:

noticed how Slsh basically did the same thing Santana did: made 1 album with guest singers of original material in 1999 (Supernatural) and another album with guest singers that was all covers (2010's Guitar Heaven)

(one difference is there's an original instrumental on Slash's Orgie Of The Damned)

Edit: santana's second guest singers album was rock covers while slash's is blues covers.

Smooth was an great track.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Put Your Lights On even more so. The whole record was very successful but I don’t think it was Slash’s intention to copy Santana.

Yes, i not mean Slash intention was copy Santana. My comment just is about it Santana record was great.

20 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Yes, i not mean Slash intention was copy Santana. My comment just is about it Santana record was great.

Yeah, I just quoted you because you answered Rovim. I could have quoted him but I wanted to say that PYLO is also a great track.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I can truly imagine what will happen.

”Hey Myles, I recorded this blues cover album, that was really well received. Better than anything we did before. People still love blues, let’s gonna record  an album full of self written blues songs with the Conspirators. You’ve got the chops” 

😂😂

This wouldn't be the worst idea. Myles blues stuff is actually really good. Way better than the shitty last AB record and shitty last 2 SMKC records. In fact I think it's probably the only thing that could work for SMKC now. They're clearly finished as a creative entity for stale rock songs. But a cool slash/myles co written original blues album? maybe all acoustic too? Yep, I'd be well up for that

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

This wouldn't be the worst idea. Myles blues stuff is actually really good. Way better than the shitty last AB record and shitty last 2 SMKC records. In fact I think it's probably the only thing that could work for SMKC now. They're clearly finished as a creative entity for stale rock songs. But a cool slash/myles co written original blues album? maybe all acoustic too? Yep, I'd be well up for that

I don’t agree that they’re finished as a creative entity because I liked their last two records. But I like Myles the most when he slows down and doesn’t use his high pitched voice. A blues record would fit pretty well. Myles did a phantastic job on Rocket Man and while it’s not directly a blues song it’s still bluesy and soulful. 

But after covering a record full of blues classics, it would be difficult to deliver similar quality. They’d have to improve their songwriting a lot, otherwise a project like this is doomed to fail.

You know what, more important to me is not what Slash is doing next, but who’s gonna produce his next record. Listening to Killing Floor remembered me how important it is to have a great produced album with a sound that’s crystal clear and alive.

I hope Slash never stops teaming up with Mike Clink again. Money shouldn’t be an issue since the reunion.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You can believe that, but in the year 2024 I will believe it's not really realistic to think he won't check something that is so instant and easy to look up, especially for an older guy in his 50s who isn't preoccupied with partying and drinking. He can't lay in bed with Megan in the evening, and check on his phone literally within 30 seconds how well his new single is doing? Especially since it's a new project. I think you're still thinking it terms of older life and not in terms of a realistic life of people in the 2020's. And EVEN if not, probably no single he released has garnered that much attention and so quickly in probably 14 years, trust me he knows and if he didn't he was told by somebody, even if he doesn't follow it himself.

If the album really takes off in terms of popularity and how it does, he WILL know. If he really wanted to just crap something out on the side and wasn't really interested in following how it would be doing, he wouldn't have hired Mike Clink who with his credentials can charge artists more to only walk through their door than other producers can charge for an entire session.

All I'm saying is that, after churning out the same WOF clone (and it being worse, with 4 now being the absolute bottom with now newly added crap production) and this new album looking like it's going to completely overshadow the last SMKC singles in terms of success, that maybe it would now be somewhat time to wake up and smell the coffee.

This is such a wild take lol

You do realize the single has Brian Johnson on it right?  Of course people are going to check it out.

I really doubt slash is going to compare the success between this album and anything SMKC.  As long as he gets along with those guys and can sell tickets to shows he is going to do it.  Slash likes playing clubs and likes playing with his band.  His world doesn't revolve around YouTube views 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

You do realize the single has Brian Johnson on it right?  Of course people are going to check it out.

I really doubt slash is going to compare the success between this album and anything SMKC.  As long as he gets along with those guys and can sell tickets to shows he is going to do it.  Slash likes playing clubs and likes playing with his band.  His world doesn't revolve around YouTube views 

Besides, he’s still playing arenas outside of the US. That’s where the money is with SMKC. 

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Yeah, I just quoted you because you answered Rovim. I could have quoted him but I wanted to say that PYLO is also a great track.

I feel that Santana is a bit understimate like gjitarist. I suspect it is about he is Mexican, and don't is Anglo-Saxon like most famous guitars.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yes 100%

This is absolutely not true. If his heart wasn't in it he wouldn't be on tour with them right now.

Hasn't he said that his heart wasn't in it on the Libertad tour, or something to that effect? It was also true after he nearly died on tour with Snakepit. That made him reassess his life and realize he couldn't be around such hard partying bandmates, but he finished the tour anyway.

22 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

This is absolutely not true. If his heart wasn't in it he wouldn't be on tour with them right now.

This is so flawed I don't know what to tell you as a Slash fan, you are simply not as informed as you think you are.

According to Slash himself, his heart also was NEVER in VR. Never. Not a single second. Did he tour with that band? Do you, just coincidentally, happen to know?

It wasn't fun for him..the entire time. Yet, he managed to do 2 full albums and tours with that band. You probably would have made this exact same post back in 2007 too, "he wouldn't tour if his heart wasn't in it", without knowing the reality. You really think his SOLE reason for touring and not staying at home is because "his heart is in it" ? - and not because of MUCH more important other reasons such as ..he would be drinking himself to death and relapsing, if he wasn't doing anything else..? 

If you've read his autobiography which I completely believe, being on this forum for years, you MUST have since you come across as big of a hardcore Slash fan as I am: you know that he will be doing absolutely anything in terms of keeping himself busy.

I'm not making this up these are his OWN words, read his biography, he's not good with keeping a downtime staying at home, so he just forces himself to tour, no matter if he's inspired or not, there are much more important things at stake. I suggest you read it again if you think what I'm saying is bullshit.

He will tour the worst album because he doesn't know what else to do with himself. Would he have toured Libertad if "his heart is in it"?  It's just an excuse to tour and do something.. like at all.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Well, somewhat you are right..yes. I believe that the entire reason that exactly now, after 14 full years of SMKC, he NOW has a new single with Brian Johnson out.. is exactly because of how poorly the last SMKC album did. That would be too much of a coincidence, that after 14 years, he is now suddenly launching a new project. That band has been good to him the entire time and he's cool with that ...aslong as the numbers reflect it.

As soon as it begins to go south he will reevaluate what he's doing. And that's where we are now. I won't fully rule out it could be a coincidence, but it just makes sense at this exact point in time.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Hasn't he said that his heart wasn't in it on the Libertad tour, or something to that effect? It was also true after he nearly died on tour with Snakepit. That made him reassess his life and realize he couldn't be around such hard partying bandmates, but he finished the tour anyway.

50 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

This is so flawed I don't know what to tell you as a Slash fan, you are simply not as informed as you think you are.

According to Slash himself, his heart also was NEVER in VR. Never. Not a single second. Did he tour with that band? Do you, just coincidentally, happen to know?

It wasn't fun for him..the entire time. Yet, he managed to do 2 full albums and tours with that band. You probably would have made this exact same post back in 2007 too, "he wouldn't tour if his heart wasn't in it", without knowing the reality. You really think his SOLE reason for touring and not staying at home is because "his heart is in it" ? - and not because of MUCH more important other reasons such as ..he would be drinking himself to death and relapsing, if he wasn't doing anything else..? 

If you've read his autobiography which I completely believe, being on this forum for years, you MUST have since you come across as big of a hardcore Slash fan as I am: you know that he will be doing absolutely anything in terms of keeping himself busy.

I'm not making this up these are his OWN words, read his biography, he's not good with keeping a downtime staying at home, so he just forces himself to tour, no matter if he's inspired or not, there are much more important things at stake. I suggest you read it again if you think what I'm saying is bullshit.

He will tour the worst album because he doesn't know what else to do with himself. Would he have toured Libertad if "his heart is in it"?  It's just an excuse to tour and do something.. like at all.

Talking about SMKC not VR. Anyone who says that his heart is no longer in SMKC has no idea what they're talking about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Well, somewhat you are right..yes. I believe that the entire reason that exactly now, after 14 full years of SMKC, he NOW has a new single with Brian Johnson out.. is exactly because of how poorly the last SMKC album did. That would be too much of a coincidence, that after 14 years, he is now suddenly launching a new project. That band has been good to him the entire time and he's cool with that ...aslong as the numbers reflect it.

As soon as it begins to go south he will reevaluate what he's doing. And that's where we are now. I won't fully rule out it could be a coincidence, but it just makes sense at this exact point in time.

Or... GNR was touring until Dec 22 and picked it back up in the summer of 23. Myles was on tour with Alter Bridge from Nov 22 through the Summer of 23. Slash had downtime between legs and Myles wasn't available. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

No he just had downtime and wanted to do this blues album. Has nothing to do with SMKC doing badly (which they aren't).

• Like 2