Killing Floor - Slash feat. Brian Johnson

7 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

And Killing Floor is great and The General is shit.

That has more to do with it. 

22 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Slash' Killing floor is already at 1m yt views in 3 days. The General is at 1.5m in 6 weeks. Amazing what a bit of promotion and interviews do. 

There really wasn't any promotion for this at all.  They announced it was going to drop the night before and he did one zoom interview.  The music speaks for itself.  

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

There really wasn't any promotion for this at all.  They announced it was going to drop the night before and he did one zoom interview.  The music speaks for itself.  

It doesn't even need promotion, ACDCs singer with GNRs guitar player on a song, that stuff will have people turning their heads.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Slash' Killing floor is already at 1m yt views in 3 days. The General is at 1.5m in 6 weeks. Amazing what a bit of promotion and interviews do. 

The River Is Rising had better numbers too. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

The River Is Rising had better numbers too. 

Bro River is Rising was nowhere near 1 million even a whole WEEK after it came out I remember the week in 2022 it came out listening to it every day, it still doesn't even have 5 million streams on Spotity 2 years after release which is pathetic compared to even what Driving Rain did in 2018, it was by FAR the worst bomb of SMKCs singles which probably woke Slash up and decided it's time to move ahead and do something different.

• Like 1

I've been tracking it after the song was released, because it was really close with Hard Skool at that time.

"You're a Lie" 5.6M after 10 years, 

"World On Fire" 2.2M after 8 years,

"Driving Rain" 2.1M after 3 years,

"The River is Rising" 2.6M views after 9 months (Hard Skool 3.3M after 10 months).

Just copied my posts from July 2022.

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 2

On 3/11/2024 at 2:41 PM, El Guapo said:

And Killing Floor is great and The General is shit.

^

The General (and Absurd) are like if you asked an AI to make GNR songs with the least commercial appeal. :lol:

On 3/12/2024 at 10:51 AM, downzy said:

I've probably listened to this track more than all of the "new" GNR singles combined.

The cover is a lot of fun.

Love the second instrumental section with the interplay between Tyler's harmonica and the rhythm section. 

The outro is great, with Johnson's scream leading into Slash letting it rip. 

Makes me long for the days when GNR's music included an element of fun.  Don't get me wrong, I love Chinese Democracy, but it's a bit of a heavy record.  It can be a challenge listening about monsters, child sexual assault, broken relationships, politics, grievances, etc.  Granted, a song titled Killing Floor isn't light in its subject matter, but there's a bit more tongue-in-cheek playfulness with this song.  Something I've long missed from Guns.  

What, the school bell in Hard Skool wasn't fun enough for you? :lol:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Track list and guest spots could’ve been better. Would’ve actually preferred a blues album with 1 band 

I think it is a pretty solid guest and track list 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Track list and guest spots could’ve been better. Would’ve actually preferred a blues album with 1 band 

You haven't even heard any of it apart from Killing Floor (which is brillant) for fucks sake! XD

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LA_0013 said:

Atleast give some names if you're gonna say something like that. Show us your "improved" version. Looks like an empty statement with nothing behind it otherwise.

I think it's great he didn't go with the usual suspects. How boring would that have been for real. We have enough blues songs with those people, do we need the 79th blues cover with Eric Clapton on it? I'd rather hear someones new take on it.

• Like 3

On 3/11/2024 at 5:49 PM, Ralphelmo said:

I've been tracking it after the song was released, because it was really close with Hard Skool at that time.

"You're a Lie" 5.6M after 10 years, 

"World On Fire" 2.2M after 8 years,

"Driving Rain" 2.1M after 3 years,

"The River is Rising" 2.6M views after 9 months (Hard Skool 3.3M after 10 months).

Just copied my posts from July 2022.

This made me look at all of Slash's streaming numbers on Spotify and I'm surprised at how big of a hit WoF still is. That's always been my favorite, but Bent to Fly, Dirty Girl, and Shadow Life all have more plays than You're a Lie. I wonder why he doesn't play Dirty Girl or Shadow Life but treats You're a Lie and River is Rising like the "hits".

I'm just in awe of how good the editing on the music video is. It's a stark contrast when compared to the recent GnR releases we got that look like they were thrown together by an intern in a hurry. 

Edited by 22frets
  • Like 4

It's up to 1.4 million views in 6 days now. He even has Rick Beato as the top comment posted as he called it "killer".

I am genuinely surprised at how many views it has gotten as it's not like he spent months pounding the pavement about the project or single release date. It all seemed to happen kind of fast frankly, so to see such a big/strong reaction so fast suggests people are spreading the word to check it out.

It's kind of cool people still care like they do, and that a cover of a 60 year old song by Grandpa aged rock n rollers still gets people excited.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Killing Floor - Hendrix

Any cover after this is futile

for you. my favorite version though. I even prefer it over the Howlin' Wolf classic.

edit: but how can it be "futile" when Slash's version seems to bring a lot of joy to so many people? silly take, no offense. I guess you were just trying to give praise to Jimi's version but I still disagree

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Naupis said:

It's up to 1.4 million views in 6 days now. He even has Rick Beato as the top comment posted as he called it "killer".

I am genuinely surprised at how many views it has gotten as it's not like he spent months pounding the pavement about the project or single release date. It all seemed to happen kind of fast frankly, so to see such a big/strong reaction so fast suggests people are spreading the word to check it out.

It's kind of cool people still care like they do, and that a cover of a 60 year old song by Grandpa aged rock n rollers still gets people excited.

It's not so surprising, really, if you think of it as GN'R + AC/DC. Even just a portion of the fan bases of the two bands (especially AC/DC - I can imagine how many AC/DC fans would be interested in new studio vocals from Brian) would be enough to generate these views. Plus, it's good, so many of the people who checked it out have probably watched it a few times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

It's not so surprising, really, if you think of it as GN'R + AC/DC. Even just a portion of the fan bases of the two bands (especially AC/DC - I can imagine how many AC/DC fans would be interested in new studio vocals from Brian) would be enough to generate these views. Plus, it's good, so many of the people who checked it out have probably watched it a few times.

Thanks for save to me for wrote same, i agreed absolutely.

• Like 2