Killing Floor - Slash feat. Brian Johnson

I like it even more on the 2nd listen. Great video as well!

Do you guys think the signed versions, as opposed to Amazon com, will be real (each unique) or templated stamp? I'll go with Amazon if it's the latter (cheaper shipping to Canada)

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

I like it even more on the 2nd listen. Great video as well!

Do you guys think the signed versions, as opposed to Amazon com, will be real (each unique) or templated stamp? I'll go with Amazon if it's the latter (cheaper shipping to Canada)

I ordered a signed cd from Slash before and that was actually signed.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

This album could be a monster. I love the title and artwork too..

Still hoping for a special edition like the 2010 album coming later with a bonus Steven vocal track. I can't believe they got in the studio together just to have him do 1 minute of harmonica.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Still hoping for a special edition like the 2010 album coming later with a bonus Steven vocal track. I can't believe they got in the studio together just to have him do 1 minute of harmonica.

He could play harmonica on a few songs... :shrugs:

It would've been cool to hear him sing something, though. 

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Certainly possible that they recorded a song. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Steven appear on other songs adding harmonica. We shall see. This album also has potential to have a legit hit. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He could play harmonica on a few songs... :shrugs:

It would've been cool to hear him sing something, though. 

I guess you're right it would be cool if he was the full time harmonica player for the album, from the press release we know the Iggy Pop song also has some on it. Still kind of a bummer, maybe this was recorded when his voice was still injured since last fall so he couldn't do it

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

The guitar solo had some cool licks, he's been listening to a few country players for sure!

Brian sounds good. Track doesn't have a lot of energy though, not that it should be crushing, but it just feels a little flat (on first listen). Need to listen to it more though! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

t has the same vibe as the original.

I am a big Howlin Wolf fan (he was my avatar on here for years) and think they did a great job. 

It’s the beginning, that I don’t like but rest of the song grows on me since the video is out. And I really love Tylers parts. Actually not only his parts but the whole part of the song with harmonica-vocals- harmonica-guitar-vocals-guitar is pretty awesome.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Well, I don’t like it that much to be honest. It’s not the blues I love and hoped for. I find Brian Johnson to be annoying on this one unfortunately. I like the lead guitar and the harmonica even more, but not the song itself. 
I’m glad it’s just the first single and usually I don’t like Slash’s lead single choices, knowing there are better songs on the record. And there will be. I’m confident by that tracklist and these guests.

I agree, it's a very strange choice for lead single. Frankly, I think most artists are pretty bad at choosing singles.

17 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It's pretty rare, but he did go to that lower register from time to time. Here's one of the few examples where he does it in the intro:

I love Boogie Man, such an underrated gem. That whole album is great. Burnin' Alive should have been a single.

Brian may be using his low register more often now, since he seemed to be doing so at Power Trip. Just like Axl, I wouldn't begrudge him one bit for it.

He also kicked off a song from the latest album with his low register. The intro is awesome but the rest of the song is meh, IMO:

• Like 1