Killing Floor - Slash feat. Brian Johnson

4 hours ago, El Guapo said:

You're right. And Axl is not much of a blues guy anyway. Izzy would have been more fitting, that would have been very cool.

I was thinking that too.. Izzy would have been great on here and is a big Blues guy.  He covered several Howlin Wolf songs with the JuJu Hounds.  Rocker, Little Red Rooster, Highway 49 and Spoonful I believe. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

what's the source of "all things considered" ? i can't remember

It's just been Slash's go-to crutch phrase in interviews for a long time. 

Edited by Ant000
  • Like 3

I love this song a lot, Brian is a very good pick for the vocals. 4 years ago and i ain't joking, I had this little fantasy of Slash recording a blues album and imagined how awesome it would be, well see here the first taste of it! I am more than happy about this. On a different note quoting Axl on live era 'not be an asshole' but Slash touring this album in the near future will possibly mean no GN'R for a looking time...

2 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

but Slash touring this album in the near future will possibly mean no GN'R for a looking time...

We already knew it would be a quiet year for GNR.

SMKC tour, followed by this blues album and tour, and he's said he wants to start another SMKC record at the end of the year. Duff will probably also do some solo shows. I'd guess we're still a year away from another GNR tour, and I'm fine with that.

I agree with the first part of your post though, I've been saying for years that the best things Slash could do would be a blues album or another album with guest singers... I'm hyped for this!

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Duff will be touring in the fall. He said he will play in the UK in October.

I don't follow his solo stuff too closely but I missed wherever he said he's doing a UK tour. But with him touring in October and Slash wanting to do SMKC again at the end of the year, I doubt we'll hear anything from GNR this year.

• Like 1

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't follow his solo stuff too closely but I missed wherever he said he's doing a UK tour. But with him touring in October and Slash wanting to do SMKC again at the end of the year, I doubt we'll hear anything from GNR this year.

He has talked about touring in the fall previously, but he mentioned the UK specifically in an interview that was released today (I have posted it in the new album thread, because he was asked the "new GN'R album" question).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Draguns said:

Why would you expect Axl to be on a Slash solo album? If that happened then people would consider it to be a GNR song or album. It's not. Heck, Slash didn't  have Myles on a track. No offense, but it's a weird take. 

Axl sang on Gilby's solo album. And so what if people consider it a GNR song? That would be pretty braindead considering it's clearly marketed as a Slash album. Nobody thinks Anxious Disease is a GNR song, so I doubt that would happen.

45 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Axl sang on Gilby's solo album. And so what if people consider it a GNR song? That would be pretty braindead considering it's clearly marketed as a Slash album. Nobody thinks Anxious Disease is a GNR song, so I doubt that would happen.

The two situations that you just described are completely different to Slash's solo album. The first being that it's Gilby. The casual fan didn't know who Gilby was back in the day.  A lot of casual fans mistaken Gilby for Izzy.  Gilby wasn't a GNR member. Regarding  Anxious Disease,  that was on West Arkeen's album.  As I said with Gilby, the casual fan didn't know who he was. I do remember  on the HTGTH website along with Jeff's (  first website dedicated to GNR back in 95), there were hardcore GNR fans who thought that Axl and Slash would reunite  when they collaborated on this song.

With that being said, I did read a rumor on Facebook that Metal Chestnut is a collaboration between  Axl and Slash. If it's that's great. If it's not that's cool too. However, the expectation that Axl will be on the album takes away from Slash. There's a reason why he didn't have GNR and SKMC members on the album. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Draguns said:

With that being said, I did read a rumor on Facebook that Metal Chestnut is a collaboration between  Axl and Slash. If it's that's great. If it's not that's cool too. However, the expectation that Axl will be on the album takes away from Slash

That reminds me that I forgot to mention what the alleged engineer on the album said. According to what he told me Metal Chesnut has Axl on piano or did apparently there was discussion about Teddy re recording Axl's piano parts on the song so the focus isn't on Axl over Slash. But also apparently if it goes down well with people then Axl doesn't mind writing lyrics and record vocals for it so it would replace witichta lineman during shows.

But take that as you would because I think he's just a troll

21 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

That reminds me that I forgot to mention what the alleged engineer on the album said. According to what he told me Metal Chesnut has Axl on piano or did apparently there was discussion about Teddy re recording Axl's piano parts on the song so the focus isn't on Axl over Slash. But also apparently if it goes down well with people then Axl doesn't mind writing lyrics and record vocals for it so it would replace witichta lineman during shows.

Although the profile of that twitter account claiming to be an engineer is not that of a typical troll, there's no way that he's not a fake insider case. According to his profile, he's based in St. Louis and doesn't look to be an engineer, not to mention that his first name doesn't match with any of the engineers listed in the credits for Killing Floor (who would also be the engineers in the whole album). He also seems to be making up stuff as it goes (what he told you about Teddy replacing Axl's parts is typical "plans changed" fake insider trolling).

Metal Chesnut is confirmed to be a 3 minute long instrumental. It makes no sense that Axl would be on that.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

On 3/8/2024 at 2:38 AM, TheDemocracyRose said:

Brian Johnson sounds like Tom Jones. 🤭

That's what I said the first time I heard it! :P

Really enjoyed it; far more than I thought I would for a typical 12 bar blues song.  Really well done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Metal Chesnut is confirmed to be a 3 minute long instrumental. It makes no sense that Axl would be on that.

Are those track lengths legit, where do they come from? If the lengths of these tracks are real that's fucking awesome, seems to be lots of soloing and other jams going on in the songs. 70 minutes of music, compared to SMKCs 43 minutes on the last album.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Are those track lengths legit, where do they come from? If the lengths of these tracks are real that's fucking awesome, seems to be lots of soloing and other jams going on in the songs. 70 minutes of music, compared to SMKCs 43 minutes on the last album.

They are from the hidden playlist of the youtube pre-generated videos (the videos are apparently pre-uploaded):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nKfDzERB8PpCvq1vHZSk0Lkn58RhDTK1A

slash_24.jpg

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

They are from the hidden playlist of the youtube pre-generated videos (the videos are apparently pre-uploaded):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nKfDzERB8PpCvq1vHZSk0Lkn58RhDTK1A

slash_24.jpg

Wow fucking incredible that it's true! Opening track 7 minutes I nearly fell out of my chair seeing that and then only to see like 3 more songs over 7 minutes long! It's almost guaranteed Slash ripped out some incredible shit on this album, I got to hear this, pains me to have to endure another The General-Like wait like last fall, lol. Atleast it's good knowing it probably won't be a disappointment:lol:

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I want that fucking album right now!! This is SO much more exciting than SMKC album number 11! :)

I am not sure there has been anything Gn'R related this exciting since 2016.. For me anyway.. I never want to hear Myles or another rehashed CD song again.. 

I've finally gotten round to listening to Killing Floor. And honestly? This is fucking delicious! Brians vocals are brilliant. Tyler's harmonica is really fucking great as well. Band is grooving and swinging and Slash himself is on par as well. I really like his approach to this tune.

I would dare say that this is easily the most memorable thing he's done since his first solo album.
If this is what we can expect from the album, I'm definitely buying it.

16 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

fake troll. dont give him another line on this forum. doesnt know if axls piano has been re recorded LOL but knows specifically it's going to replace witchita lineman in the set :lol:.. IF axls on it and IF he writes lyrics. IF i had tits i'd be a woman

• Like 1