Killing Floor - Slash feat. Brian Johnson

55 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

The RS article says that it was recorded last spring.

There ya go then!

17 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The Steven question was answered with that video interview Blackstar posted, Steven was only in the studio randomly and not invited as a guest singer, he just wanted in on the song once he heard it, he was never planned to be on anything.

It's funny and strange after seeing Axl and Angus, we get the opposite crossover universe of Brian with Slash

He has been working on Aero remasters, so perhaps that's what he was doing, or ST solo 2?

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The Steven question was answered with that video interview Blackstar posted, Steven was only in the studio randomly and not invited as a guest singer, he just wanted in on the song once he heard it, he was never planned to be on anything.

It's funny and strange after seeing Axl and Angus, we get the opposite crossover universe of Brian with Slash

Wasn't Brian a bit down on Axl and reductive on his merits when Ax replaced him....was that just the heightened emotions of the moment or does he have beef with Axl? 

Axl on the other hand, makes it well known it's the Bon DC he's a fan of....

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Wasn't Brian a bet down on Axl and reductive on his merits when Ax replaced him....was that just the heightened emotions of the moment or does he have beef with Axl? 

Axl on the other hand, makes it well known it's the Bon DC he's a fan of....

Nah man Brian doesn't have beef with anyone, he's probably the most humble and nicest sweetheart of a guy in the whole of rock. He was most likely more sad than anything about that whole situation, highly, highly doubt him saying yes to record this song with Slash had anything to do with wanting to get back at Axl or Angus or whatever.

I'd actually say Slash is the one who would have any intention leaning that kind of way, maybe thinking it would be more funny than anything if they now collaborated on something together. Doesn't hurt that he's also a legend who will bring a lot of attention to his album.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

That's actually not the first time Slash and Brian are playing together. Brian was on stage with VR back in the mid-2000s

At first I was a bit disappointed the album was going to be full of covers. But Killing Floor has grown on me as just a fun song to listen to. Steven Tyler's playing is a great addition as well.

If the whole album has the same effect I'm happy. Just fun music to listen to. I like blues music.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Thought it was just OK first listen. After a couple more, I like it. This is gonna be a fun album to vibe to. I want a print of that cover too.

Great album cover... Not sure your age or of you noticed but the artwork is almost identical to the artwork featured in the intro of the show "Good Times".  I recognized it immediately from watching that show as a young child in the late 70's / early 80's. Loved that show.  

Skip to 2:15

Edited by Tom-Ass

On 3/8/2024 at 9:58 PM, Gianni78 said:

Slash-feat-Brian-Johnson-Killing-Floor-O

Is this legit? 

If Slash is aware that 'all things considered is a joke' 🤣🤣🤣 that would make my day!

Tracks grown on me more, I kinda like that Slash decided not to saturate his sound, his playing is really tight considering how almost clean the sound is! 

Brian has such a charm to him, infectiously happy! Gotta love the guy!

Edited by Tom2112

9 hours ago, Sosso said:

That's actually not the first time Slash and Brian are playing together. Brian was on stage with VR back in the mid-2000s

I can't find any video of this. Does one exist?

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Is this legit? 

If Slash is aware that 'all things considered is a joke' 🤣🤣🤣 that would make my day!

Tracks grown on me more, I kinda like that Slash decided not to saturate his sound, his playing is really tight considering how almost clean the sound is! 

Brian has such a charm to him, infectiously happy! Gotta love the guy!

When Rod Jackson was interviewed on Appetite for Distortion, his message to Slash included "All things are considered, brother".

Also, I believe there was an unreleased song from Ain't Life Grand literally called "All Things Considered".

No Axl is monumentally dissapointing. Guess those two are just never going to collaborate on a piece of new music for the rest of their lives? How hard would it have been for Axl to drag his lazy ass into a studio for one day to help out his friend who saved his entire band from playing bowling clubs?

• Like 4

“The blues is the roots; everything else is the fruits” - Willie Dixon, a blues giant

As a big Howlin’ Wolf fan, I was really happy to see the homage for him in the video.

The song itself rocks, it sound exactly like the classic Slash we know, and it’s great! 

I wonder if/how he’ll tour with this one… Slash’s Blues Ball Revival? 😬

Edited by izzyjim
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

No Axl is monumentally dissapointing. Guess those two are just never going to collaborate on a piece of new music for the rest of their lives? How hard would it have been for Axl to drag his lazy ass into a studio for one day to help out his friend who saved his entire band from playing bowling clubs?

I would have loved it. But still a little weird for Axl to be on a Slash solo album.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Is it really, though? Disappointing – that means you were expecting it. But why? It’s not like Axl’s ever been a guest on any of Slash’s albums, is it. 

Personally, I’m neither disappointed nor surprised, not even in the slightest. 

The single sounds great, btw. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Is it really, though? Disappointing – that means you were expecting it. But why? It’s not like Axl’s ever been a guest on any of Slash’s albums, is it. 

Personally, I’m neither disappointed nor surprised, not even in the slightest. 

The single sounds great, btw. 

You're right. And Axl is not much of a blues guy anyway. Izzy would have been more fitting, that would have been very cool.

What's the bluesiest Gnr tracks anyway? Dust n Bones, Move to the city? 

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Why would you expect Axl to be on a Slash solo album? If that happened then people would consider it to be a GNR song or album. It's not. Heck, Slash didn't  have Myles on a track. No offense, but it's a weird take. 

Edited by Draguns
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Isn’t that Lenny Kravitz playing the other guitar in the video?

No it’s Tash Neil, plays rhythm guitar on the record, took lead vocals on one song and it seems like he’s gonna be the vocalist for the tour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

No it’s Tash Neil, plays rhythm guitar on the record, took lead vocals on one song and it seems like he’s gonna be the vocalist for the tour.

I thought that SMKC includes the album on the setlist for future shows

13 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

To be fair, we don't know if Slash asked Axl and Axl wasn't interested. He doesn't have anyone else from GN'R on the album, current or former (there's Teddy, but he's there because he was in Slash's Blues Ball), nor anyone from SMKC. Probably he wanted it to be a separate thing from this other two bands.

7 hours ago, El Guapo said:

And Axl is not much of a blues guy anyway.

Axl said in 2008 that he was listening to a lot of old blues. And:

(there was also a video from the same event with Axl jamming Sweet Home Chicago, but I can't find it now).

Edited by Blackstar
better quality audio
  • Like 4