Killing Floor - Slash feat. Brian Johnson

You should add (feat. Steven Tyler) onto the title, I mean come on, he's a giant of rock:lol:Pretty cool to have 2 legends like that on the same track.

ACDC and Aerosmith were like my 2 favourite bands growing up, so this is wild to me. I'll listen tomorrow when it's out here

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You should add (feat. Steven Tyler) onto the title, I mean come on, he's a giant of rock:lol:Pretty cool to have 2 legends like that on the same track.

ACDC and Aerosmith were like my 2 favourite bands growing up, so this is wild to me. I'll listen tomorrow when it's out here

Of course I considered it for a minute but I thought it would be misleading because he isn’t on vocals. But I like his contribution. Johnson is hard to recognize at first moment.

Well, I don’t like it that much to be honest. It’s not the blues I love and hoped for. I find Brian Johnson to be annoying on this one unfortunately. I like the lead guitar and the harmonica even more, but not the song itself. 
I’m glad it’s just the first single and usually I don’t like Slash’s lead single choices, knowing there are better songs on the record. And there will be. I’m confident by that tracklist and these guests.

• Like 1

I like everything about it. I was hoping Brian would stay in his lower register for this one, and he did.

His voice has a lot of personality. Slash sounds like he had a lot of fun with this. Steven does a fantastic job.

The song is a standard heard many, many times before but it's just a cool tune.

What's not to like? :)

• Like 2

It's very very different than Slash has ever done. His whole tone seems to have changed. I would have never guessed that was Johnson singing. Never really been a blues fan but I'm really digging this. Love the riff and the solos/licks are kinda of cool! Saw the song list and guests and I'm very intrigued. 

Orgy of the Damned starts now!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I like everything about it. I was hoping Brian would stay in his lower register for this one, and he did.

His voice has a lot of personality. Slash sounds like he had a lot of fun with this. Steven does a fantastic job.

The song is a standard heard many, many times before but it's just a cool tune.

What's not to like? :)

Oh Brians lower register is cool, I don’t like… what is that, this “vibrato” in his voice. That’s kind of annoying. And the whole song is played in such a happy kind of way, it’s really the lead guitar and Steven Tyler who saves that to me but maybe I’m too critical…

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Brian Johnson sounds like Tom Jones. 🤭

It's pretty rare, but he did go to that lower register from time to time. Here's one of the few examples where he does it in the intro:

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kelmi said:

I take this as a fun project for Slash and dont treat it too seriously. That said I liked the first single and will buy the album once its released. I could listen to a whole album of these :)

same here

1. The Pusher (feat. Chris Robinson)

2. Crossroads (feat. Gary Clark Jr.)

3. Hoochie Coochie Man (feat. Billy Gibbons)

4. Oh Well (feat. Chris Stapleton)

5. Key to the Highway (feat. Dorothy)

6. Awful Dream (feat. Iggy Pop)

7. Born Under a Bad Sign (feat. Paul Rodgers)

8. Papa Was a Rolling Stone (feat. Demi Lovato)

9. Killing Floor (feat. Brian Johnson)

10. Living for the City (feat. Tash Neal)

11. Stormy Day (feat. Beth Hart)

12. Metal Chesnut

Good selection of tunes for a blues record, the standards pretty much.

Killing Floor tune with Brain was pretty good....My eyebrow raised a bit when I saw Demi Lovato is singing Papa was a Rolling Stone, gonna be interesting how that turned out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

I love it, best thing in years from Slash. I don't really know these songs so they feel new to me. I guess I identify them as new songs 🎵 

I think you gonna recognize the one or the other

6 hours ago, NicDwolfwood said:

1. The Pusher (feat. Chris Robinson)

2. Crossroads (feat. Gary Clark Jr.)

3. Hoochie Coochie Man (feat. Billy Gibbons)

4. Oh Well (feat. Chris Stapleton)

5. Key to the Highway (feat. Dorothy)

6. Awful Dream (feat. Iggy Pop)

7. Born Under a Bad Sign (feat. Paul Rodgers)

8. Papa Was a Rolling Stone (feat. Demi Lovato)

9. Killing Floor (feat. Brian Johnson)

10. Living for the City (feat. Tash Neal)

11. Stormy Day (feat. Beth Hart)

12. Metal Chesnut

Good selection of tunes for a blues record, the standards pretty much.

Killing Floor tune with Brain was pretty good....My eyebrow raised a bit when I saw Demi Lovato is singing Papa was a Rolling Stone, gonna be interesting how that turned out. 

Demi has recorded with Slash before (solo at 2:36). Im not a fan of her vocals tbh not sure if she can pull it off.