My God, Axl predicted a VERY scary thing in around 1991! 😱🤔💡

57 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Потому что он буквально сказал: «Они не хотели делить добычу поровну».

Подробнее о том, что сказал Иззи, и его реакциях здесь:  37. ИЮНЬ 2016 Г. – МАРТ 2017 ГОДА: ТУР "НЕ В ЭТОЙ ЖИЗНИ" — УСПЕХ (a-4-d.com)

These opinions are formed by two camps, Axl's camp and Izzy's camp. That's all. Those who indulge Axl, mix Izzy with shit, those who are on his side, say as it is that Izzy wanted to do everything right. And most importantly, none of the camps talks about equal pay and money. No one has said directly what happened.

1 hour ago, lunastar said:

These opinions are formed by two camps, Axl's camp and Izzy's camp. That's all. Those who indulge Axl, mix Izzy with shit, those who are on his side, say as it is that Izzy wanted to do everything right. And most importantly, none of the camps talks about equal pay and money. No one has said directly what happened.

Except that Izzy himself has said it. 

2 minutes ago, lunastar said:

What Izzy said is a metaphor, like this: Found a head and an arm in da garbage can

You think Izzy would say, "split the loot equally," which literally has the specific meaning to divide the profits up in equal parts, as a metaphor for what exactly? 

That makes a lot of sense to me. And of course, I use "a lot of sense" metaphorically to mean "that's bonkers".

13 hours ago, lunastar said:

Why did everyone decide that Izzy wanted equal pay? In his tweet, he did not write what he wanted and did not write about the payment. He only indicated that the members of the group do not exist on equal terms. It's a great fan misconception that he wanted equal pay. It was about the fact that there is inequality in the group and the climate in the team is unhealthy. That's why he didn't want to be there. There is no spirit of brotherhood. That's how I understand his message.

Why did my quote in your post come across as a Czech type of Language? 🤔🤨😵‍💫

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Karice singlehandedly keeping this forum alive lol 

LMAO! 🤭🤣😀 Speaking of me, Posters were joking that maybe my REAL name wasn't spelled Karice but maybe it was spelled AXL. 🤣🤭😀 Posters responded something like,"Hey, Axl, log off of the Karice Account on MYGNR Forum and go to the Guns N'Roses Show!! You're already 30 minutes late and your Fans are waiting for you!" 😀🤭🤣

Edited by Karice
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

The problem is that it is not financially sustainable to both provide the healthcare for people 65+ that leads to longer lifespans AND fund those additional years in retirement at the same time that population growth is slowing.  The lifespan increase combined with slowing population growth combine to lower the ratio of elderly benefit recipients to taxpayers funding the benefits.

That ratio has been consistently around 3:1 since the early 1970s. These doomsday predictions have come and gone for decades upon decades.

https://www.ssa.gov/history/ratios.html

If nothing changes at all, the trust fund will last until 2033, at which point taxes will still be able to fund 80% of expected benefits.

https://www.ssa.gov/policy/trust-funds-summary.html

The actuarial report explicitly rejects your claim that life expectancy is increasing costs.

https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v70n3/v70n3p111.html

At some point either you have to lower the benefits or raise the age to receive the benefits.  You can't possibly "tax the rich" enough to avoid that choice.  The third choice is to borrow more money to pay for the benefits but that has consequences in inflation.  When social security was conceived, the life expectancy was much different.  From Bing AI/Copilot:

The rich aren't paying in to SS at all right now, so how about we start there? Not sure where you got the idea that you can't tax the rich to make up the shortfall, of course you can. The shortfall in 2022 was $22 billion. The top 1% paid 700 billion in taxes in 2020.

https://taxfoundation.org/data/all/federal/summary-latest-federal-income-tax-data-2023-update/

Your quote tells us that when the program was created, most Americans would not live long enough to use it. You think that's fair? You think that's how it should operate today? I call it progress that more people are able to retire thanks to Social Security. Your quote just proves that the program was successful.

You're also ignoring that while life expectancy has increased, so has GDP. Funny how we need to adjust for life expectancy increasing, but can't adjust for GDP and income inequality increasing, by taxing the rich more...

It also wasn't envisioned for the birth rate to slow or so many labor tasks to be replaced by machines and other technology.  When Social Security was enacted, elevators still had operators.

What does automation have to do with this? Unemployment is the lowest it's been in 50 years right now.

Edited by evilfacelessturtle

2 hours ago, Karice said:

LMAO! 🤭🤣😀 Speaking of me, Posters were joking that maybe my REAL name wasn't spelled Karice but maybe it was spelled AXL. 🤣🤭😀 Posters responded something like,"Hey, Axl, log off of the Karice Account on MYGNR Forum and go to the Guns N'Roses Show!! You're already 30 minutes late and your Fans are waiting for you!" 😀🤭🤣

One day you will admit it Axl :P

• Haha 1

6 часов назад, Карис сказал:

Почему моя цитата в вашем посте воспринимается как немецкий язык?🤔 🤨 😵‍💫

Wow. Change the settings 😜🤭🙏

10 minutes ago, lunastar said:

Wow. Change the settings 😜🤭🙏

There's definitely something VERY wrong here. A post from Soulmonster also was inexplicably posted in that Czech looking language. I remember asking a Poster something like,"Why does my post in your quote look like a Czech language?🤨🤔 And it turned out it happened to a Soulmonster post too, so it must be a glitch. 🤔

On 4/15/2024 at 6:27 PM, ZODIAC said:

Well... Back then he "already knew, what's going on. He knew the internet. "... 😜

I remember this rant.

I actually use those phrases semi-regularly.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Karice said:

There's definitely something VERY wrong here. A post from Soulmonster also was inexplicably posted in that Czech looking language. I remember asking a Poster something like,"Why does my post in your quote look like a Czech language?🤨🤔 And it turned out it happened to a Soulmonster post too, so it must be a glitch. 🤔

I believe it happens when someone translates English to their own language when they are viewing the forum. I see it too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I believe it happens when someone translates English to their own language when they are viewing the forum. I see it too.

Okay, makes sense. Thank you for the explanation. 💡😀

On 4/15/2024 at 4:17 PM, BluegrassBlues said:

I haven't got to hear that particular rant myself, but I'll give props to Axl, even during his divaish manic moments he had a good eye for spotting trends and future events. I know not everyone here is from the US, but there are some folks who believe the retirement age at 65 is "weak" and no one should be retiring at that age. If those people get their way, we may very well be working until we are all 80 

Who in America doesn’t believe you should retire at 65? Fighting to make sure old people work til their death bed? I’ve never heard someone mount such a ludicrous argument. 

On 4/16/2024 at 12:05 PM, lunastar said:

What Izzy said is a metaphor, like this: Found a head and an arm in da garbage can

That wasn’t a metaphor. Someone DID find a head and an arm in a garbage can, out back of a rehearsal space or something like that. 

• Like 2

Just now, JAxlMorrison said:

That wasn’t a metaphor. Someone DID find a head and an arm in a garbage can, out back of a rehearsal space or something like that. 

True. Coincidentally, I believe it was also Izzy finding that head and an arm :lol:

I thought his tweet at the time left no room for interpretation. I think it was something like: They didn't want to split the loot equally, all the rest is BS.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Это была не метафора. Кто-то ДЕЙСТВИТЕЛЬНО нашел голову и руку в мусорном баке, за репетиционным помещением или что-то в этом роде.

A metaphor (from the ancient Greek μεταφορά "transference; figurative meaning") is a word or expression used in a figurative sense, which is based on comparing an object or phenomenon with some other on the basis of their common feature.

The term belongs to Aristotle and is associated with his understanding of art as an imitation of life.

In this case, it is a metaphor of passion and despair, to which the lyrical hero is subject. In my opinion, this is so obvious that it does not require clarification for people who have read any poet at least once.

Speaking of Axl's rants/anger, I read that Axl got pissed at a Guns N'Roses Show, started ranting, and tried to leave, but the German Promoter locked backstage on purpose beforehand so that Axl couldn't leave, thinking about the time Axl inadvertently incited an infamous Riverport Concert Riot and Axl went back to the stage and sang pissed off and it was a VERY good Show and Axl afterwards basically thanked the Promoter for locking backstage because the Show turned out to be good!🤭🤣😀 What Show was this? 🤭😀🤣

4 hours ago, lunastar said:

A metaphor (from the ancient Greek μεταφορά "transference; figurative meaning") is a word or expression used in a figurative sense, which is based on comparing an object or phenomenon with some other on the basis of their common feature.

The term belongs to Aristotle and is associated with his understanding of art as an imitation of life.

In this case, it is a metaphor of passion and despair, to which the lyrical hero is subject. In my opinion, this is so obvious that it does not require clarification for people who have read any poet at least once.

I think everyone knows what a metaphor is and the line about finding a head and arm in a garbage bin is NOT a metaphor. It's a fact. 

4 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

This is true 

On 4/15/2024 at 2:33 PM, Voodoochild said:

He also predicted Instagram.

image.png.409955347e9cfe0792051e964dd7eead.png

Haha....Axl is more a Johnny come lately....he's just discovered the 90s phoenonamon of artists having their own websites....Perhaps he'll make his first video call in 2030....

• Haha 3