The Tentative Release Date of March 6th

Allen8R

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is all this just a cash grab in disguise???

Oh please. No - of course it's not. Maybe the tour has helped fund the completion of the album, but there would be nothing more to it than that.

Look - it won't be out on March 6th, but it won't be too long after that before it's released. By the end of April at the latest, for sure. They wouldn't have agreed to the South African thing if they didn't know that they'd have the album finished by then.

You wish!!! you can easy 2007 write off. CD will not be realeased in 2007.

"Watch this space". ;)

Oh please. No - of course it's not. Maybe the tour has helped fund the completion of the album, but there would be nothing more to it than that.

Look - it won't be out on March 6th, but it won't be too long after that before it's released. By the end of April at the latest, for sure. They wouldn't have agreed to the South African thing if they didn't know that they'd have the album finished by then.

Yeah, as if South Africans really give two shits about whether CD is out. Axl is smart to stay out of the U.S. until the album is done because the rest of the world doesn't really seem to care - hell, half of 'em don't even know the ORIGINAL BAND is still not together.

People outside the U.S. still come out in droves to the shows just on the name alone, which is DEFINITELY not the case in America anymore - Axl knows that. Don't expect to see him back here in the U.S. unless he's ready to release the album.

So basically, never.

Yeah, as if South Africans really give two shits about whether CD is out. Axl is smart to stay out of the U.S. until the album is done because the rest of the world doesn't really seem to care - hell, half of 'em don't even know the ORIGINAL BAND is still not together.

People outside the U.S. still come out in droves to the shows just on the name alone, which is DEFINITELY not the case in America anymore - Axl knows that. Don't expect to see him back here in the U.S. unless he's ready to release the album.

So basically, never.

It's not about whether or not South African's care - It's more about how Axl committed himself fully to the album coming out in the first half of this year. This is truly the very last chance he'll get with his fans... no more valid excuses to use, it's now or never really. Fair go if he can't get it out by March 6th (it was a tentative date) - but he'll still have to deliver within a month to 6 weeks of that date if he still cares about that tiny bit of credibility he has left. ;)

It'll come dude. You know it as well as I do.

I don't know about everyone here, but my biggest complaint I have is that Axl only tells us the news after the deadline passed. For example last year, when it became 2007 he finally made the announcement that it wasn't finished. I have a feeling he'll be doing the same thing again. Whatever, I have other music to look forward and listen too.

I don't know about everyone here, but my biggest complaint I have is that Axl only tells us the news after the deadline passed. For example last year, when it became 2007 he finally made the announcement that it wasn't finished. I have a feeling he'll be doing the same thing again. Whatever, I have other music to look forward and listen too.

Actually, he made the announcement for the album not coming out the middle of December, 2006, not 2007. I do agree though that he waits until almost the last minute to say anything.

Actually, he made the announcement for the album not coming out the middle of December, 2006, not 2007. I do agree though that he waits until almost the last minute to say anything.

Late is better than silence IMO.

In ten years we got an tentaive release date...I would be jumping my ass off of joy if only GnR announced a defenitive release date...all I want is Axl to talk to us...and in the letter Axl said that if something went wrong he would let us know, it seems that March 6th is impossible and the silence remains....is that bad or good?

Rock On Gunners!

My only real complaint at this point is that Axl's tentative release date came along with the statement that as soon as something changed we would be told and we have not been. If we accept the concept that it takes 8 weeks from the album's completion until its release then the fact that a definitive release date has not been announced assures us there will be no March 6th release.

I hope they let us know soon if the album wont be out sometime in march.

EVERYONE PLEASE STOP HOLDING YOUR BREATH. IT IS NOT COMING OUT UNTIL NEXT FALL 2007 IN TIME FOR NEXT CHRISTMAS. THIS IS A FACT. I AM NOT GOING TO DISCUSS SOURCES, I JUST HAPPEN TO KNOW FOR A FACT.

source or death!!!!!

Edited by highvoltage