Film Thread

ssiscool

I've not seen it but I shall check it out :)

Be sure to start from the beginning, for a network show it was suprisingly deft with it's long-term story arcs. And you don't want to miss the Ned Beatty seasons. ` :heart:

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people don't have enough patience to stick with it to really see the story arcs and characters build. It's annoying. Definitely a show for intelligent people.

This precise logic also applies to Lost, yet you stopped watching that one. Tsk. :tongue2:

I've never even heard of any of the plot outlines behind The Wire, so I'm not sure what it's about, but I've heard mostly good things about it from people who've given it a shot, so I think I should follow suit. Let's just hope this isn't like the time certain individuals kept raving about The OC. :lol:

Right now, I'm falling in love with Nathan Fillion's more recent acting choices. Firefly, Serenity, Waitress... I can't really describe it at the moment, but there's something very special about him.

Most people don't have enough patience to stick with it to really see the story arcs and characters build. It's annoying. Definitely a show for intelligent people.

This precise logic also applies to Lost, yet you stopped watching that one. Tsk. :tongue2:

I've never even heard of any of the plot outlines behind The Wire, so I'm not sure what it's about, but I've heard mostly good things about it from people who've given it a shot, so I think I should follow suit. Let's just hope this isn't like the time certain individuals kept raving about The OC. :lol:

You actually get conclusions and closure in The Wire. That's the difference. I watched an ep with Kel from the new series and they're doing fucking time travel full on now? So much for it all being explained logically.

I did a rather big post on why The Wire is awesome a few weeks ago in my blog if you wanna go read that. I know for sure there's one big spoiler in it, though. It really is fantastic TV and you should most definitely watch it.

It took me time to get into The Wire. I watched a few episodes somewhere in the third season and found it too dense for me. I was so used to the intense cop stuff of The Sheild, so I wrote it off. But of course the first season found it's way to my apartment and watched it on a weekend off.

It really is a show that evolves, it sets up alot of context that develops throughout the series. It's alot more authentic too.

Edited by appetite4illusions

Right now, I'm falling in love with Nathan Fillion's more recent acting choices. Firefly, Serenity, Waitress... I can't really describe it at the moment, but there's something very special about him.

Nathan Fillion is awesome. And a dish. And according to a couple of squealy fangirls I know who met him a few years back at a Buffy convention - "OMG...soooo sweet! He signed everything!!!"

You actually get conclusions and closure in The Wire. That's the difference. I watched an ep with Kel from the new series and they're doing fucking time travel full on now? So much for it all being explained logically.

I did a rather big post on why The Wire is awesome a few weeks ago in my blog if you wanna go read that. I know for sure there's one big spoiler in it, though. It really is fantastic TV and you should most definitely watch it.

Yes but what people fail to realise bout Lost is that it is a Sci Fi show and then they dont get that it has time travel and stuff like that...

it is logically explained in the context of a sci fi show...

Guest banaszkiewicz
Man, Saw IV sucked balls, as did Saw III.

i went the theatre drunk/high as fuck for saw 4,

was tripping balls during the movie

then when i got out

i totally forgot everything that happened

I went to see Juno last night.

It sucked balls.

I walked out.

I'd have regretted it the rest of my life subjecting my ass to that.

xDSGx

:blink: I've heard some people insist it's overated, but I didn't know it was possible not to at least like it. Can you expand on why you felt that way?