Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

ACDC's marketing/social media team is the shit! Look how they are building this thing...watching that video I feel like I'm missing out on perhaps the greatest show of all time. Throw in the live audio and make it about the fans and this is how you do it. This gets me excited to see this incarnation of ACDC. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

ACDC's marketing/social media team is the shit! Look how they are building this thing...watching that video I feel like I'm missing out on perhaps the greatest show of all time. Throw in the live audio and make it about the fans and this is how you do it. This gets me excited to see this incarnation of ACDC. 

This team works hard, daily and quick. They have professional cameras all the time, shoot all the shows, after shows, pre-shows. They interview fans. They put the focus on the fans, they make them the center of their universe.

Unlike.. :max:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

This team works hard, daily and quick. They have professional cameras all the time, shoot all the shows, after shows, pre-shows. They interview fans. They put the focus on the fans, they make them the center of their universe.

Let's hope TB and Axl learn a thing or two from this experience and apply the same with GN'R. 

What a difference..like heaven and earth.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Why are so many people twisting killuridols words completely out of proportion to the original sentiment? Just to be argumentative I suppose. And as far as having Fernando and the like always around him, well most people sightsee with their spouse or their children or their friends do they not? Axl has no spouse, children, mother or father to accompany him on these jaunts, and maybe he doesn't like to be alone! TB are not only his assistants, but also his friends and "family", and it's nice to have someone to talk to when you are out exploring. Not to mention that yes, he is a rich celebrity, and like a lot of them, have other people to deal with certain mundane things that he does not want to deal with. Good Grief.  

Thank you very much for your words. I could say something about the senior member from this forum who adores arguing with young women, but meh. I finally went to the supermarket today and had a 60 smth guy hitting on me. LoL.

Premonition? :lol:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

yeah,  apart from AC/DC'S social media team functioning like an immediate response team after each event, be it an interview or a show, the involvement of the fans in their videos is what differentiates them from GN'R and its social media team's efforts - I mean, how tough could it have been to get some fan reactions from the first shows? I hope Uncle Axl has his notebook open and is taking notes from Grandpa Angus on how to run a successful Rock n' Roll business and not just badgering him for great stories from the old days.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Let's hope TB and Axl learn a thing or two from this experience and apply the same with GN'R. 

What a difference..like heaven and earth.

I don't know. I hope so. Nowadays social media is everything.
I also noticed a big amount of young AC/DC fans. That type of audience only communicates through social media.

7 hours ago, thewolfshead said:

It's for casual fans obviously.  They aren't the fans obsessing over every performance, they know certain songs, they know the album version, and this gives them that familiar feeling with some short clips of the band they can expect to see.

I don't see what the big deal is, then again seemingly everything has to become a big deal or a big fuck up or some other exaggeration on here.

Aaayyyyyyy

7 hours ago, The Archer said:

I hope Uncle Axl has his notebook open and is taking notes from Grandpa Angus

Grandpa Angus! I just choked on my coffee! Axl sounds fucking awesome on the Thunderstruck promo (all the 'DC stuff has been great actually), hopefully we are seeing the Axl that will play the North American leg of the GN'R tour. To dial it back down after these powerhouse performances would be a massive slap in the face to Guns fans in the summer.

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

This new, social Axl, ready to kick some ass! 

Axl posting pictures of himself....NARCISSIST ALERT ;)

Just kidding, still waiting for some pics of Axl in the streets of France :headbang:

28 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Since We have new Axl now, Its time to bringing Dexter back to chat with Us again

Well... that supposing you are not the real Axl hiding behind SerenityScorp's name like @James Bond said... I think you have to prove you aren't, I don't know, maybe it would be convenient if you upload a video of you or something.
Thinking better it would be better if we ALL upload a video, so we can find out who GnR members are here posting :ph34r: #GNRCSI
:D:D JK!
BTW Slash's instagram is not creepy anymore! now is a paying tribute instagram

Edited by Carlycosmos
  • Like 1