Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why wouldn't I be serious?

Do you really picture Axl in the supermarket picking what he has to eat? Cooking? Cleaning the house? That's what those people are hired for. They are his assistants for the daily stuff he has to go through and cant bother to do it himself, either because he can't, doesn't know how to or don't give a crap about.

If I had the money he has, I'd also have 10 assistants to do all the bullshit that needs to be done in my daily life and I dont want to do. But I'm poor, can't afford it. It doesn't mean I like wasting my time at the supermarket, the bank, the bus stop and all that time-consuming bullshit.

I'm sure he knows how to do it all, he's not stupid but I think he just doesn't want to because he doesn't need to do anything really. 

3 minutes ago, Bandanaman said:

I'm sure he knows how to do it all, he's not stupid but I think he just doesn't want to because he doesn't need to do anything really. 

I'm not saying he's stupid. It's just that those things, household things, errands, etc, they all drain your energy. They are time consuming. They kill your creativity. Does anyone here REALLY like doing the dishes? Cooking every single day of your life? I don't know about you people, but I'm sure as hell I don't like it and if I can avoid it, I go all for avoiding it. Those kinda things bore everyone. And yes, he doesn't need to do any of that if he can pay someone else to take care of that stuff.

6 minutes ago, Bandanaman said:

Well some celebrities become so cosseted they actually don't know how to do some stuff. They're not stupid, but very dependant on the assistants and servants around them. 

44 minutes ago, thewolfshead said:

But discussing their lives, the bandmembers lives, and obsessing over a band to the point of the tiniest minutiae on a forum like this is definitely not creepy. 

Maybe it is, I couldn't say. I have never personally done any of that.

48 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Do you really picture Axl in the supermarket picking what he has to eat? Cooking? Cleaning the house? That's what those people are hired for. They are his assistants for the daily stuff he has to go through and cant bother to do it himself, either because he can't, doesn't know how to or don't give a crap about.

If I had the money he has, I'd also have 10 assistants to do all the bullshit that needs to be done in my daily life and I dont want to do. But I'm poor, can't afford it. It doesn't mean I like wasting my time at the supermarket, the bank, the bus stop and all that time-consuming bullshit.

To suggest that Axl can't pick out a frozen pizza and use a debit card is ludicrous. 

I use to work with people who experienced developmental disabilities. I've taught young adults with Down's syndrome or with autism or who were legally mentally retarded how to buy groceries, use s debut card and how to make their own food. 

To suggest that a Down's kid can function at a higher level than Axl  is one of the craziest things I've ever read on here. 

Axl was in his mid to late 20s before he became rich. You think he had servants back when he was 22 years old and broke?

Axl is just like you and me. If he gets a hankering for tacos he is perfectly capable of driving to the store, buying some burger, tomatoes, shells, and cheese.....paying for it.....then driving home and cooking it.  Dude isn't an invalid and he isn't a king sitting around with servants wiping his ass. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm not saying he's stupid. It's just that those things, household things, errands, etc, they all drain your energy. They are time consuming. They kill your creativity. Does anyone here REALLY like doing the dishes? Cooking every single day of your life? I don't know about you people, but I'm sure as hell I don't like it and if I can avoid it, I go all for avoiding it. Those kinda things bore everyone. And yes, he doesn't need to do any of that if he can pay someone else to take care of that stuff.

Lol  - yes. 

I love cooking. Especially for guests.

I enjoy going to the grocery store and bank - it's called interacting with your fellow man. It's how you meet people. Make friends. Be a part of your community.  Who wants to stay at home on your computer all day?

The world has a lot to offer. Go out and enjoy it. 

58 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm sorry but if you are a grown man and do not know how to wipe your own backside, then you have problems.

5 minutes ago, Apollo said:

To suggest that Axl can't pick out a frozen pizza and use a debit card is ludicrous. 

I use to work with people who experienced developmental disabilities. I've taught young adults with Down's syndrome or with autism or who were legally mentally retarded how to buy groceries, use s debut card and how to make their own food. 

To suggest that a Down's kid can function at a higher level than Axl  is one of the craziest things I've ever read on here. 

Axl was in his mid to late 20s before he became rich. You think he had servants back when he was 22 years old and broke?

Axl is just like you and me. If he gets a hankering for tacos he is perfectly capable of driving to the store, buying some burger, tomatoes, shells, and cheese.....paying for it.....then driving home and cooking it.  Dude isn't an invalid and he isn't a king sitting around with servants wiping his ass. 

I never compared Axl to a disabled or mentally challenged person. That is YOU hyperbolizing this whole thing and putting certain meaning to my words that I never intended.

So to clarify that, I said what I said because no, I don't think he's like you or me. Yes, he's a human being, but when he goes out, he's a celebrity, something I am not (and I dont think you are either). Axl in the supermarket would cause conmotion, he could not do his own thing without having someone asking him for an autograph, picture or whatever. Look at the pictures in Sevilla or Lisbon. As soon as fans found out where ACDC were rehearsing, they camped outside and waited until the night to greet him, ask for pictures, autographs, etc. Experiencing that everyday of your life must be a drag. I understand why he has so many assistants and people taking care of mundane stuff.

Back in the day, Axl didn't have a home of his own. He crashed at friend's apartments, Slash house, the hellhouse, Vicky Hamilton's. Marc Canter would feed him and the rest of the band. Girlfriends and strippers supported these guys all the way. They probably also cooked and did the laundry for them.

Stop talking about diseases and disabled people. This has nothing to do with that. This is about not having or wanting to waste time with BS.

3 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Lol  - yes. 

I love cooking. Especially for guests.

I enjoy going to the grocery store and bank - it's called interacting with your fellow man. It's how you meet people. Make friends. Be a part of your community.  Who wants to stay at home on your computer all day?

The world has a lot to offer. Go out and enjoy it. 

Well, that's you. I hate cooking. Especially for guests. And for myself too.

I don't enjoy going to the grocery store and much less the bank. I'm not interested in having small talk with strangers at the supermarket. There are plenty other ways to make friends. I like to be friends with people who share my interests. I really don't care for mixing up with Beyonce fans or couples with children. I am part of my community in the way I choose to be, not some imposed society rules. And I am a damn good citizen. Pay all my taxes.

Yup, the world has a lot to offer. Axl knows this. He has travelled around the world and met so many cultures, people, like I or you will never dream of. Still, I go out and enjoy the things I love doing, like going to rock concerts, movies, bookstores and cafes.

Every person have their own definition for fun and entertainment. It is not set in stone in some sort of "social bible".

20 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm sorry but if you are a grown man and do not know how to wipe your own backside, then you have problems.

I think he does know how to do that. He wipes his ass with his haters.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Well, that's you. I hate cooking. Especially for guests. And for myself too.

I don't enjoy going to the grocery store and much less the bank. I'm not interested in having small talk with strangers at the supermarket. There are plenty other ways to make friends. I like to be friends with people who share my interests. I really don't care for mixing up with Beyonce fans or couples with children. I am part of my community in the way I choose to be, not some imposed society rules. And I am a damn good citizen. Pay all my taxes.

Jesus man. Then you need to become famous and ring Team Brazil up for a legion of arse wipers. You need to be famous and have these ten assistants you require if you are too lazy to cook or shop!

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

I think he does know how to do that. He wipes his ass with his haters.

Can we all do away with the word 'hater'?

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Jesus man. Then you need to become famous and ring Team Brazil up for a legion of arse wipers. You need to be famous and have these ten assistants you require if you are too lazy to cook or shop!

Can we all do away with the word 'hater'?

lol, I know! :lol:

I am not lazy for those shits. Well, I am. But I manage to do all of it because, who's gonna do it anyway? :shrugs:

Now, is that the same as saying I enjoy doing it? No way, man. And I'm working hard to get a servant, eventually, so yeah. Don't have to become famous, though. Just need to accumulate $$$$

Seems like some people on this forum are conveniently forgetting that Axl is 54 years old, has lived in a conservative family for the first 17 years of his life (meaning strict household duties etc) and didn't get rich and have maids and all TB-like people till the UYI period. What do you think he did back then, eat shit off the floor and drink his own piss (well, he probably did on a few occasions, but that's beside the point)? You seriously have nerve insinuating that the man has no idea how to go out, buy and cook his own food, as if he's some sort of cripple. He can have people do it for him, and he can also do it himself. He has that choice and probably mixes it up.

Anyway, I suggest getting off this topic, since this is a social media discussion post, not a "am I a better cook than Axl Rose" post.

It is not that I enjoy shopping - I actually rather dislike it - but I would be sacrificing far more by delegating such a task to a Lebeis or another arse muncher, than I would, merely doing the shopping myself. The experience of shopping is me excising my freedom of action, independence, and I would not sacrifice that for all the fame and celebrity in the world. To start to shave of things like shopping and cooking from one's life renders one quadriplegic by choice and that is a depressing thought.

Edited by DieselDaisy

18 minutes ago, nonok said:

Seems like some people on this forum are conveniently forgetting that Axl is 54 years old, has lived in a conservative family for the first 17 years of his life (meaning strict household duties etc) and didn't get rich and have maids and all TB-like people till the UYI period. What do you think he did back then, eat shit off the floor and drink his own piss (well, he probably did on a few occasions, but that's beside the point)? You seriously have nerve insinuating that the man has no idea how to go out, buy and cook his own food, as if he's some sort of cripple. He can have people do it for him, and he can also do it himself. He has that choice and probably mixes it up.

Anyway, I suggest getting off this topic, since this is a social media discussion post, not a "am I a better cook than Axl Rose" post.

How the fuck would you know any of that? :lol:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is not that I enjoy shopping - I actually rather dislike it - but I would be sacrificing far more by delegating such a task to a Lebeis or another arse muncher, than I would, merely doing the shopping myself. The experience of shopping is me excising my freedom of action, independence, and I would not sacrifice that for all the fame and celebrity in the world. To start to shave of things like shopping and cooking from one's life renders one quadriplegic by choice and that is a depressing thought.

He exercises his freedom of action and indepedence by doing a bunch of things we can't do. For example, making music, writting lyrics and actually making good money out of it.

I understand what you mean by that, though. But his circumstances are different. One thing is to be disabled and not having a choice about it. Different is having the option of getting rid of doing useless stuff that interferes with your mind, your creativity. Like, if you're writting a song or a book or a movie script and you have to do stop that creative flow because you have to go do the groceries, or to the bank, ehh..... :vomit:

But if you have a boring life in general, probably the supermarket and shopping is something cool to do, for a change. It all really depends on what's your job and your overall circumstances.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think I would trade spots with him. I don't like cooking or shopping. He has the kind of money that he could sit on his couch for the next 50 years if he wants or he can travel all over the world. Either one would be a nice luxury to have.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I think I would trade spots with him. I don't like cooking or shopping. He has the kind of money that he could sit on his couch for the next 50 years if he wants or he can travel all over the world. Either one would be a nice luxury to have.

I like cooking. I cook about three days per week. It is a hobby of mine. The travel would be nice but then many people travel without a Brazilian or a Jarmo crawling up their arse. I suppose I cannot fathom why someone would surround themselves with specimens like these - Del also.

• Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I like cooking. I cook about three days per week. It is a hobby of mine. The travel would be nice but then many people travel without a Brazilian or a Jarmo crawling up their arse. I suppose I cannot fathom why someone would surround themselves with specimens like these - Del also.

I am too much of a cheapskate to have that many people on a payroll, even if I had a ton of money. lol