Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a NuGnR fan mainly but even I don't feel like the post 97 members deserve to be inducted along the original five + Dizzy and Matt.

However...if you read the article on the RnR HOF it says :

"The band took a long break starting in 1994, but in the new millennium Axl Rose brought a brand new line-up of Guns N’ Roses on the road and in 2008 they released their long-awaited album Chinese Democracy. In recent years, Rose has welcomed original members Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin onto his stage - but he remains committed to the new lineup and they remain a touring juggernaut."

and the Guns n' Roses selected discography on the RnR HOF website features Chinese Democracy...

http://rockhall.com/inductees/guns-n-roses/

Which means they will at least acknowledge them. Not sure if they will get inducted along the others but they will clearly be mentionned in the museum as they are already mentionned on the inductees list on the official website...

:shrugs: sorry...

Thanks - I saw that and was just about to post the link to that page.

One thing I thought of is say the old guys were to perform. You would think they would have to call eachother and practice a bit right? I find that really, really, hard to picture.

for sure they would have to practice....signs are pointing to them not perfoming.

axl never turns to soundchecks, so they could just do the guitars etc and rock up on the night.

I'm a NuGnR fan mainly but even I don't feel like the post 97 members deserve to be inducted along the original five + Dizzy and Matt.

However...if you read the article on the RnR HOF it says :

"The band took a long break starting in 1994, but in the new millennium Axl Rose brought a brand new line-up of Guns N’ Roses on the road and in 2008 they released their long-awaited album Chinese Democracy. In recent years, Rose has welcomed original members Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin onto his stage - but he remains committed to the new lineup and they remain a touring juggernaut."

and the Guns n' Roses selected discography on the RnR HOF website features Chinese Democracy...

http://rockhall.com/inductees/guns-n-roses/

Which means they will at least acknowledge them. Not sure if they will get inducted along the others but they will clearly be mentionned in the museum as they are already mentionned on the inductees list on the official website...

:shrugs: sorry...

Yea sorry...pshhh move the fuck on.