OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inductee Spotlight: Guns N' Roses

More like "Inductee Spotlight: Slash". :shrugs:

Probably because Slash is the only relevant one willing to donate stuff. I doubt they'd care as much if Steven gave his old drum set. The fact is only Slash, Duff and Matt are really engaged in any fashion with this whole thing, and of those three Slash is the most iconic, so of course they're gonna focus on him. It's just common sense.

Introduced by Green Day? I like that, awesome band!

Wished though that Axl would show up! As he mentioned before he does not really seem to care, but it should be for the fans!!

I think Axl will definitly take part of this:

If he still hates slash the ways slash thinks he does, he would never ever want slash to accept an award as someone representing gnr (which was also the reason he sued the guitar hero makers)

If he is now cool with slash he will attend anyway.

That's gon be the joke if he doesn't show up I've always said! So Axl is ok with Slash picture everywhere accepting GNR award as face of gnr. In Axl's mind he's the last man standing and has worked so hard to carry on the name and he's just gon let Slash who has had no involvement for 16 years take all the credit! Axl knows this event will have huge media attention and the fans are glued to every move so Just can't see Axl letting this happen. If he doesn't attend then well then he's more of an idiot than I thought!

Sorry if this was asked before, but will there be anywhere to watch this?

Not until HBO airs it. I'm sure there will be YouTube vids way before that though.

So no webcast of any kind? Terrible. Of all the useless award shows on TV, I can't believe someone isn't broadcasting this live.

Not until HBO airs it. I'm sure there will be YouTube vids way before that though.

So no webcast of any kind? Terrible. Of all the useless award shows on TV, I can't believe someone isn't broadcasting this live.

I'll have to agree with you there. Topped off with the fact that HBO is too stupid to go live with it.

Would it really be that big of an issue to cancel the nine millionth repeat of whatever 6 month old movie that they're showing that night? I personally wouldn't think so.

Yeah, lame.

Yeah, lame.

Shall we petition them? Lol.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rnrhofhbo/

Boom, done. Let's get a buncha signatures over the weekend and send it HBO's way.

Edited by JAxlMorrison

Wowza, I love Guns N Roses, the 2001 and on version much more than earlier, that's why i come on this forum. But if they broke up, i certainty wouldn't be crying about it 19 years later and writing letters to newspapers and shit... Kinda pathetic...

Geez guys, the old line up is fucking dead.

Fuck. The. Reunion.

Fuck the reunion? Lets talk about facts and success

1985-1993 5 studio albums,Appetite,Lies, 2 Ilussions and Spagetti.

Apettite 1 of the albums is a legendary masterpiece one of the biggest album gods created, 2 illusions 2 masterpiece and milions of people converted

Since 1985 to 1993 i dont know how many tours and people,but as i said later,the conquered the world,te shows where MOST OF THEM awesome,and the band was set on fire on stage.Only a few but very well know bad days.

Since 2001 to 2012 One record,that its not a masterpiece,has 5 or 6 GOOD songs.At least 4 tours ,2 of them 2001-2002 and 2011-2012 Axl singing really bad in a bad shape, 1 of them singing really good 2006 and the other one 2010 singing like 90s.

Also many many bad reviews,and many people joking ( people apart of the Gnrforumworlds) about how fat was,how he sounded,etc...

So fuck reunion? check what each lineup has done,in more or less the same time.NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Yes,Reunion PLEASE!

5 or 6 good songs? lololol

If they reunite Axl will sing better? You need a cup of reality man ;)

Yes 5 or 6 good songs,and YES i think AXL would sing better,he would be pushed to be like he is supposedI

Ha! :lol:

medium_destructoid-dot-com-fanboy-anatomy.jpg

He would sing better and yes Chinese democracy has 5 or 6 good songs.BTW who is the fanboy?you saying that Axl is singin right now good? or me saying that he is singing crap

You honestly are clueless,aren't you? I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt,and simply assume you were underinformed,or misinformed but now I honestly believe you are serious! :lol:

Fuck. The. Reunion.

Fuck the reunion? Lets talk about facts and success

1985-1993 5 studio albums,Appetite,Lies, 2 Ilussions and Spagetti.

Apettite 1 of the albums is a legendary masterpiece one of the biggest album gods created, 2 illusions 2 masterpiece and milions of people converted

Since 1985 to 1993 i dont know how many tours and people,but as i said later,the conquered the world,te shows where MOST OF THEM awesome,and the band was set on fire on stage.Only a few but very well know bad days.

Since 2001 to 2012 One record,that its not a masterpiece,has 5 or 6 GOOD songs.At least 4 tours ,2 of them 2001-2002 and 2011-2012 Axl singing really bad in a bad shape, 1 of them singing really good 2006 and the other one 2010 singing like 90s.

Also many many bad reviews,and many people joking ( people apart of the Gnrforumworlds) about how fat was,how he sounded,etc...

So fuck reunion? check what each lineup has done,in more or less the same time.NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Yes,Reunion PLEASE!

5 or 6 good songs? lololol

If they reunite Axl will sing better? You need a cup of reality man ;)

5 or 6 songs LOL indeed. That album is 100% trash. Nobody except a handful of nuts on this forum thinks its worthy of the GNR name. Band that brought us AfD, UYIs, Lies, etc or the wanna bes that replaced the wanna bes that made CD? The group that has released one album in 15 years. Or the band that created EVERYTHING GNR FANS ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT. No one thinks of CD when you talk about GNR. They think of AfD and UYIs...End of story.

Another E-critic with his compensatory opinion flying high :lol:

The difference, according to the people who study this sort of thing, is recognizing whether your reaction is designed to actually help you fix the thing you're mad about, or just satisfying the adrenaline and dopamine rush you get from lashing out (the latter, after all, is what makes anger so addictive).

It's official! Izzy's not going so what's the point?

Official because Matt says that Slash says so?

Yeah, I won't count that as anything official.

It's always good to see optimistic people, keep it up!

I'm not all that optimistic. I just don't believe most things that Matt says.

I prefer to wait for something from Izzy himself.

You got my vote on that one!

Agreed,Sorum generally spouts words when it benefits him,still an Albatross imo.

Actually criticism is a good thing. Not saying if he is right or not, but when one stop criticizing stuff he stops being human. A;ways judge everything.

I do,and am guilty of overanalyzing with the focal point biased by my personal take on things regardless of how objective I attempt to be. Difference is I recognize and adknowledge this. :)

Let me just say that I am a fan of the new band, but I also think it would be super cool if for one night the old members got together and played a couple songs at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame ceremony. So here's my question ... Assuming they all show up to accept their awards ... What would happen if the audience started chanting "Just one song!" It would be a public relations nightmare (in my opinion) if they didn't oblige. That's all most people want to see, just one more song. Then everyone could get on with their lives and continue to support Axl and the awesome band that is the new Guns N Roses.

who was it that wouldn't let Axl leave a gig until he finished it? :thumbsup:

Which Time? :lol:

Dublin? The O2? Can you be year specific?

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Appetite-For-Disaster-Guns-N'-Roses-Walk-Off-At-O2-Gig/49782.htm