Apocalyptic Love has leaked

Original GNR

Ok I've listened AL a few times now and the more you listen to it the more you realise how great this album is. This is a really good rock record, from start to finish!

Really is. It has officially become my gym album of the month :xmasssanta:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite songs atm are Anastasia, Halo, Standing In The Sun, Apocalyptic Love, Not For Me, Bad Rain, You're A Lie and Far And Away.

I also like Carolina and Shots Fired.

Crazy Life and No More Heroes are ok.

Hard and Fast and One Last Thrill don't do much for me just cause Myles sounds so vanilla.

We Will Roam is repetitive and bland and the only song I consistently skip at this stage.

It's available today here in Aus. I'm gonna go buy it even though I have a fanpack on the way just cause I want Slash to have as much of my money as possible. :heart:

first ever post here lol I felt slash pulled a good album with myles, I dont think its something beyond tho its not up to par with AFD or the Illusions albums.

It had good songs through out the album like No More Heroes, Shots Fired, Bad Rain, and SIS but the ones that really made me feel like Slash still has

something in him were anastasia, Not For Me, and Far and Away. I can honestly say tho that if there is anything weak in the album it would have to be

Myles i just cant really get into his voice it sounds like those british bands from the 80s n I just dont like that. Still Slash has some clever riffs that made this

album a good rock album plain and simple at least to me B)

GREAT album...I could be wrong but...the intro riff of Anastacia (after the classical guitar part) stems from way back in 1993...check out the slash guitar solo parts (slash + dizzy actually) in the 12, 14, 15 JANUARY 1993 Tokyo live bootlegs, tell me if that's not the same early (and i think slower, I haven't listened to it in years) riff...the progression is there.

somebody pull that bootleg and let us know...i couldn't find it on youtube right away...

c

Edited by erguevous

GREAT album...I could be wrong but...the intro riff of Anastacia (after the classical guitar part) stems from way back in 1993...check out the slash guitar solo parts (slash + dizzy actually) in the 12, 14, 15 JANUARY 1993 Tokyo live bootlegs, tell me if that's not the same early (and i think slower, I haven't listened to it in years) riff...the progression is there.

somebody pull that bootleg and let us know...i couldn't find it on youtube right away...

c

Yes I've also heard it in one of the South America 92 Pro Shot vids. Possibly Chile or Argentina. And of course during his solo spot on Made In Stoke. Also his acoustic tune Obsession Confession uses a very similar scale.

c

Yes I've also heard it in one of the South America 92 Pro Shot vids. Possibly Chile or Argentina. And of course during his solo spot on Made In Stoke. Also his acoustic tune Obsession Confession uses a very similar scale.

Very similar style to the outro to DTJ in Tokyo 92. Only noticed that when you guys pointed it out. Find myself getting into this album the more I listen to it. Its really modern sounding but with Slash's rock n roll groove to it.

c

Very similar style to the outro to DTJ in Tokyo 92. Only noticed that when you guys pointed it out. Find myself getting into this album the more I listen to it. Its really modern sounding but with Slash's rock n roll groove to it.

Here's the one I remember, check out the bit he plays @ 6:23

c

##

Yeah you're right! Amazing how long these ideas have been floating around for. I remember seeing a video of slash jamming the solo to back and forth again back in 88 too. Must try and find it.

c

##

Yeah you're right! Amazing how long these ideas have been floating around for. I remember seeing a video of slash jamming the solo to back and forth again back in 88 too. Must try and find it.

"Nothing To Say" main riff was jammed in 1993 while playing the intro to Double Talkin' Jive.