The Spaghetti Incident? rank the songs from best to worst

the rush

Great tracks.

Not as good as Guns n' Roses originals, but still great.

I can't understand why no one seems to like Spaghetti. Nice album.

I like "Hair of the Dog" live version on the 1990 RIP Aniversary Party, too bad the sound quality ain't great.

PS: Axl was so good back then that he turned a decent Skid Row song into a masterpiece (in one single try):

gnr would have had a shot at being one of the biggest bands of all time--immortality, so to speak. led zeppelin, rolling stones, the beatles. they came really close with just 4 records and 6-8 years. i'm not mad at the guys in the band or anything, i just wish they could have worked it out to at least be able to still make a few more records.

I understand your point.

But you gotta be kidding when you talk about immortality.

Guns n' Roses is imortal since 1987.

The minute Apettite was out was the minute the band reached immortality.

But...

You really have to be kidding to compair GNR with The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and the mighty Led Zeppelin.

"Rocket Queen" alone is better than the entire discography of Led Zeppelin.

"Appetite for Destruction" blows the entire Beatles catalog out of the water.

Stones?

Well those guys are way better than the Beatles and the Zep.

But when you put "Appetite" and "Lies" together...

And then you add "Use Your Illusion I & II"...

And some "Spaghetti"...

And when you cover all that with live recordings like Pasadena 1987, Ritz 1988, Tokyo 1988, Rio 1991, Indiana 1991...

And then the final touch...

You nearly forgot this one...

But suddenly you remember that Guns n' Roses was the only band ever to play Rolling Stones better than the Rolling Stones.

And there you have it!

:headbang:

• Like 1

Human Being is easily my favorite of their covers. Ain't it Fun is particularly fine too. And the live version of Mama Kin. Of course it was the indefensibly shitty ones (KHOD, Live and Let Die, SIDHY) that noted perfectionist Axl Rose deemed single worthy. :shrugs:

Edited by Angelica

Human Being sucks, I see people praise that song on here every now and then and every time I'm just like... really?

I love TSI? but that song has always been an instant skip for me, Axl is beyond annoying and it's just so repetitive. It's like the song that never fucking ends.

Edited by sweetness
  • Like 1

But suddenly you remember that Guns n' Roses was the only band ever to play Rolling Stones better than the Rolling Stones.

And there you have it!

:headbang:

I didn't know this acoustic version of JJF... this is so good!! Thanks for sharing. This demonstrates that Gnr was the worthy heir of the greatest rock n roll bands and was one of the greatests, also. The best? Who cares... It depends of your tastes :lol:

And yeah, Spaghetti incident is good. And imagine that at first you had the Izzy guitar parts on it... that have been replaced after by Gilby's ones...

I don't care if that's trolling or whatever, but anybody who calls classic GNR better than Led Zeppelin obviously doesn't know anything about music.

People are free to have their own taste in music...therefore never judge someone by his music-preferences...music is very individual

• Like 1

I don't care if that's trolling or whatever, but anybody who calls classic GNR better than Led Zeppelin obviously doesn't know anything about music.

People are free to have their own taste in music...therefore never judge someone by his music-preferences...music is very individual

Agreed. However, there's a difference between liking Guns N' Roses over Led Zeppelin and thinking that Guns N' Roses, a rock band heavily influenced by Led Zeppelin is just... better. It's impossible.

And, being completely honest, I don't enjoy Zeppelin's music that much. I would take the UYIs over the entire Zeppelin discography, but that's my personal preference. It doesn't make Guns better than Zeppelin, that's just... stupid.

I feel like every time someone praises TSI? they diss Chinese, I think it's a requirement :D

I need to go back and rly give TSI? A chance. Axl sounds fantastic on that album. Man I wish he wouldn't have wasted so many years of those incredible vocals he had during that time period.

I love Spaghetti and Chinese. I agree with you on Axl's vocals- they sound superb on Spaghetti. I thought he sounded great on Sympathy for the Devil too.

I thought Spaghetti got a bad rap. People judged it by the wrong standards. If you take it for what it is- which is a covers album- its a great record.

Edited by Mr. Dude

I feel like every time someone praises TSI? they diss Chinese, I think it's a requirement :D

I need to go back and rly give TSI? A chance. Axl sounds fantastic on that album. Man I wish he wouldn't have wasted so many years of those incredible vocals he had during that time period.

I love Spaghetti and Chinese. I agree with you on Axl's vocals- they sound superb on Spaghetti. I thought he sounded great on Sympathy for the Devil too.

I thought Spaghetti got a bad rap. People judged it by the wrong standards. If you take it for what it is- which is a covers album- its a great record.

Yeah agree, it's a covers album and Axl sounds great on it

Ok here goes...

1. Black Leather

2. Since I don't have you

3. Hair of the dog

4. Down on the farm

5. Ain't it fun

6. Raw Power

7. Attitude

8. Buick Makane

9. New Rose

10. Human Being

11. I don't care about you

12. Look at your game girl

13. You can't put your arms around a memory

Ok here goes...

1. Black Leather

3. Hair of the dog

4. Down on the farm

5. Ain't it fun

6. Raw Power

7. Attitude

8. Buick Makane

9. New Rose

10. Human Being

Swap raw power and black leather and it's what I'd say

Ok here goes...

1. Black Leather

3. Hair of the dog

4. Down on the farm

5. Ain't it fun

6. Raw Power

7. Attitude

8. Buick Makane

9. New Rose

10. Human Being

Basically the album is half awesome and half ok. The first 6 songs on my list are all stellar IMO. Really love them all, the last 7 songs are just ok. I don't hate them, but don't love them either.

But I agree with many on here, TSI is a VERY underrated album. It's the best covers album ever IMO. Yes they could have or should have put some more well known songs on it, like Rosie or Jumping Jack Flash. But all things considered, its still great IMO. Honestly IT IS the Axl and Slash album, both of those two really shine on it, hence why it is a great gnr album.

Ok here goes...

1. Black Leather

3. Hair of the dog

4. Down on the farm

5. Ain't it fun

6. Raw Power

7. Attitude

8. Buick Makane

9. New Rose

10. Human Being

Basically the album is half awesome and half ok. The first 6 songs on my list are all stellar IMO. Really love them all, the last 7 songs are just ok. I don't hate them, but don't love them either.

But I agree with many on here, TSI is a VERY underrated album. It's the best covers album ever IMO. Yes they could have or should have put some more well known songs on it, like Rosie or Jumping Jack Flash. But all things considered, its still great IMO. Honestly IT IS the Axl and Slash album, both of those two really shine on it, hence why it is a great gnr album.

Stick Rosie and jumping jack on and it's a winner, or the way the band do the seeker now is great