Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Anyone Else Felt This Way During the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 14,073 posts
  • 28-January 11
I think Axl didn't show up for 4 reasons:

1. Axl wasn't contacted by any of the former members asking for his presence.
2. Axl didn't receive any apologies or direct contact from Slash, the only member he hasn't spoken with in 16 years.
3. Axl heard Adler's comments about the cover band.
4. Axl wanted his piece of shit band to perform at the Rn'R Hall of Fame instead of the original line-up, they turned him down and he decided not to attend.

qlq4.jpg

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

ShadowOfTheWave

ShadowOfTheWave

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • 15-March 10

2. Axl didn't receive any apologies or direct contact from Slash, the only member he hasn't spoken with in 16 years.
4. Axl wanted his piece of shit band to perform at the Rn'R Hall of Fame instead of the original line-up, they turned him down and he decided not to attend.

Would the HOF have turned him down though? I don't think so. They allowed Blondie to perform with her new band, starting a shitstorm. Also, when VH was inducted VR played two songs, then Sammy got up and played one, so it's not like they couldn't have split the peformance. I think they would have agreed to that, but on the other hand I'm not sure if Axl himself would have agreed to it, he might have wanted the whole show.

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,957 posts
  • 12-December 08

Would the HOF have turned him down though? I don't think so. They allowed Blondie to perform with her new band, starting a shitstorm. Also, when VH was inducted VR played two songs, then Sammy got up and played one, so it's not like they couldn't have split the peformance. I think they would have agreed to that, but on the other hand I'm not sure if Axl himself would have agreed to it, he might have wanted the whole show.

No. Robbie Robertson and Paul Shaffer would've let Axl do what he wanted. Robbie had a similar situation in refusing to reunite with The Band because his falling out with Levon Helm rivaled Axl and Slash's, and it wasn't until Levon was almost gone that he went to visit him.

Everyone would respect it was Axl's band and, like Madonna or Black Sabbath, could say he wanted another band to perform the songs. I think Madonna brought The Stooges in because they weren't inducted.

VH was a case of Ed having a breakdown or relapse, and took action at getting help. Azoff has enough common sense to not push Eddie. David Lee Roth knew that if he went, to be standing with Sam would've made him look like a major asshole. Dave stuck by Ed and even though he was rumored to be in NY, opted not to go (or if he did, no one knew he was there).

My problem with the induction has to do with the lineup issues. Not acknowledging Chinese Democracy and some of the members that are a part of that album, was wrong on the Rock Hall's part. Maybe it wouldn't have changed Axl's mind, but I think it would've been harder for him to say no because he'd feel vindicated for his work.

They would've bent over backwards making sure he got everything he wanted, but it doesn't mean he'd be there, or be there on time.

I do think at some point he will do something connected to the Rock Hall. Roger Waters didn't attend the RRHOF induction, but he still did an exhibit for the museum.

alfa75

alfa75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • 14-February 11
"Not acknowledging Chinese Democracy and some of the members that are a part of that album, was wrong on the Rock Hall's part"

Acknowledge what? an album that for MOST people is most significant for it's wait. Which CD members should have been up there? Bucket? Huge? Finck?

No offense to anyone but, do people really believe CD is a a significant or even minor reason they got elected? I mean they prob would have gotten in on AFD alone. UYI just made it a home run. IF CD never came out though, does that make ANY difference?

I like the album, but come on?

ShadowOfTheWave

ShadowOfTheWave

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • 15-March 10

"Not acknowledging Chinese Democracy and some of the members that are a part of that album, was wrong on the Rock Hall's part"

Acknowledge what? an album that for MOST people is most significant for it's wait. Which CD members should have been up there? Bucket? Huge? Finck?

No offense to anyone but, do people really believe CD is a a significant or even minor reason they got elected? I mean they prob would have gotten in on AFD alone. UYI just made it a home run. IF CD never came out though, does that make ANY difference?

True, but it's hypocritical considering the Hall inducted Trujillo.

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,957 posts
  • 12-December 08

As far as Chinese Democracy lineup - I think anyone who had been in the "Better" video would be the members included.

I also don't agree with the rule that the band members who didn't go in the recording studio but were a part of the band forming should be excluded. Having Pete Best or Dave Mustaine not inducted is ridiculous to me, and Ian Stewart is in as a Rolling Stone.

luvaxl4ever

luvaxl4ever

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,760 posts
  • 19-April 05

My problem with the induction has to do with the lineup issues. Not acknowledging Chinese Democracy and some of the members that are a part of that album, was wrong on the Rock Hall's part. Maybe it wouldn't have changed Axl's mind, but I think it would've been harder for him to say no because he'd feel vindicated for his work.

Why should Chinese D have been acknowledged? It certainly wasn't the reason they were nominated, and has not significantly added to GNR's success in any way. None of that line-up deserved to be inducted.
Posted Image
I AM going to be Mrs Axl Rose, dammit!
[i]

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,957 posts
  • 12-December 08

Why should Chinese D have been acknowledged? It certainly wasn't the reason they were nominated, and has not significantly added to GNR's success in any way. None of that line-up deserved to be inducted.

Then it's becoming about sales figures, not about the band itself, and some artists in the past that have been inducted sold nowhere near what Chinese Democracy did.

My opinion is that all lineups of a band should be inducted regardless of sales figures.

The Rock Hall bio mentioned Chinese Democracy as a "non event" - is that a biased opinion or a fair assessment?

gunnari

gunnari

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
  • 12-December 08

I feel kinda sad that Axl and Izzy weren't there...This looks so "incomplete" and I hate how things had to go this way..

Edited by gunnari, 07 February 2014 - 01:30 PM.

Bam Margera: "I think he should just shut up and be friends with Slash and be Guns N' Roses again.

The end. Just do it. Why not. Do it."

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 10,826 posts
  • 15-July 03

Sad Axl couldn't have put his personal differences aside for ONE night and given the fans a treat.

Instead, for Axl, the fans took a back seat to his personal feud with Slash and for his whining about how the RnR HOF wanted to run their OWN show.

IMO, things like this are why I couldn't list Axl as the greatest front man of all time. His lack of care for his fans.

"I disagree with the management of the RnR HOF and this doesn't change anything between Slash and myself. So don't talk about a reunion and don't think we are best friends again. But for a couple hours of my life.....for three songs, we're gonna show the younger generation of rockers what Guns n F*cking Roses was all about."  And then went out and tore it up on stage for 10 minutes.   Unfortunately, the fans are about 15th on Axl's list of what is important for his career.

• gunnari likes this

Coma16

Coma16

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,473 posts
  • 27-May 11

Sad Axl couldn't have put his personal differences aside for ONE night and given the fans a treat.

Instead, for Axl, the fans took a back seat to his personal feud with Slash and for his whining about how the RnR HOF wanted to run their OWN show.

IMO, things like this are why I couldn't list Axl as the greatest front man of all time. His lack of care for his fans.

"I disagree with the management of the RnR HOF and this doesn't change anything between Slash and myself. So don't talk about a reunion and don't think we are best friends again. But for a couple hours of my life.....for three songs, we're gonna show the younger generation of rockers what Guns n F*cking Roses was all about."  And then went out and tore it up on stage for 10 minutes.   Unfortunately, the fans are about 15th on Axl's list of what is important for his career.

I honestly thing he wanted to be there (maybe not actually play with the old line-up) but the fact that the HOF was trying to dictate who was invited really pissed Axl off.

#GuitarInHand

401914_10152867527845352_1449427467_n.jp

Russel Nash

Russel Nash

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts
  • 04-January 12

Not all the fans cares about a renuion or a 10 minute fellatio with Slash.

Izzy didn't go too, i respect them more for not going. HOF from the beginning to the end is mountain of shit.

• Damn_Smooth likes this

"What good can come from comfort? It's not goin' be art." ~Jack White

Groghan

Groghan

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 10,826 posts
  • 15-July 03

Izzy didn't go too, i respect them more for not going. HOF from the beginning to the end is mountain of shit.

That's the logic I don't understand.

Axl is my favorite singer. Probably yours too.

You respect him for NOT performing.

I'd personally rather see Axl perform........than be happy he didn't perform.

I don't care about a reunion either.

You don't care about seeing him play with Slash again....cool. More power to you. But surely you are intelligent enough to admit that that is YOUR personal preference and that the overwhelming majority of Axl fans disagree with you.

The old GnR was one of the greatest rock n roll bands of all time. They produced four MONSTER albums, all four of them were game-changers.  Why in the world wouldn't you want to see those guys together for a couple songs?  If you are truly an Axl fan, why wouldn't that be something you'd want to see? Instead......you'd rather Axl stayed home and watched Dexter?

I wonder if all the Axl worshippers were pissed off and bashing the HOF when Axl participated in it a few years  back? Or did their feelings "change" when Axl decided he didn't like them?

Russel Nash

Russel Nash

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts
  • 04-January 12

That's the logic I don't understand.

Axl is my favorite singer. Probably yours too.

You respect him for NOT performing.

I'd personally rather see Axl perform........than be happy he didn't perform.

I don't care about a reunion either.

You don't care about seeing him play with Slash again....cool. More power to you. But surely you are intelligent enough to admit that that is YOUR personal preference and that the overwhelming majority of Axl fans disagree with you.

The old GnR was one of the greatest rock n roll bands of all time. They produced four MONSTER albums, all four of them were game-changers.  Why in the world wouldn't you want to see those guys together for a couple songs?  If you are truly an Axl fan, why wouldn't that be something you'd want to see? Instead......you'd rather Axl stayed home and watched Dexter?

I wonder if all the Axl worshippers were pissed off and bashing the HOF when Axl participated in it a few years  back? Or did their feelings "change" when Axl decided he didn't like them?

What's the point of having him there if he doesn't want 2 be there?

"What good can come from comfort? It's not goin' be art." ~Jack White

Caught in a Coma

Caught in a Coma

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • 06-January 12

Most fans outside of these forums care about a reunion imo. To many, Guns N' Roses does not exist anymore. So don't act like the minority is the majority.
  • Groghan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users