What do you prefer - The Phantom Menace or Attack Of The Clones?

Powerage5

Pick your poison.   

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Attack is the weakest film in the series. It still has some nice moments but there is a lack of tension throughout the film. It is based heavily on interpersonal drama but the dialogue is not too good. Phantom Menace came out when I was like 7 years old and I still think that Darth Maul is badass. Qui-Gon's death was also shocking for me to see at that age and is still a powerful scene.

• Like 3

Hahaha you actually made a thread!

I honestly cannot answer this question.

Phantom Menace had more practical effects and I was in 2nd grade when it hit. I first got into Star Wars in the 90s as a child and this was my peek. In that sense, the nostalgia is impossible to ignore. That being said, it is an immensely disappointing film. Easily the biggest let down in film. The plot was almost completely useless.

Attack of the Clones- Arguably just as disappointing as I. It had more "Star Wars-y" elements like the Clones, more Jedi, Slave I, Jango, etc and there was a good movie buried in there. The Obi Wan plot was really cool but honestly, the romance was SO BAD it actually ruined the movie. There were many other flaws with it too. At least there is no Jar Jar

Overall, I will say AOTC is a better film but the nostalgia of TPM is jarring for me. Both are still pretty bad, and luckily, III redeemed them for me.

The Phantom Menace. It has the advantage of not being the worst movie ever created.

On a side note, Menace proves that Lucas is at the very least overrated at film making, as it runs four action sequences simultaneously, going back and forth between them all is horrific cinema.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

It is like asking which is worse, losing your left leg or losing your right leg?

They are both terrible but I like the fact that AOTC has no jake lloyd or jar jar.

The phantom menace was so fucking bad the only watchable part is the duel at the end, which IS awesome. The rest is putrid bilge.

Attack Of The Clones is one of the few movies I've ever seen that I've actually fallen asleep during. It stands out in my memory as just being beyond horrible.

Phantom Menace, while also not being very good, IMO is at least watchable, and I agree with Mike that Darth Maul is really cool. At least he's memorable from the prequel trilogy, which is hard to say about anyone else.

Attack of the CGI Clones is fuckin' garbage. The whole thing looks like an, extremely piss poor, computer game. TPM is also shite but at least they did some proper location work and it has a good bad guy.

Pretty much this.

I like bits here and there in all the prequels I suppose, but I'm under no illusion how much they suck.

How can anybody here say that a movie with Jar Jar Binks is better than a movie without Jar Jar Binks?

Because the movie without Jar Jar has Hayden Christiansen.

...Fair enough.

EDIT: And as many others have put it, the Jar Jar movie had Darth Maul. I'm changing my vote.

Edited by Nulla Lex Ink.

Phantom Menace, really only for the Qui-Gon fight with Duel of the Fates playing... Always stood out as one of my favourite moments from (all) the films.

Both films were garbage, but AOTC didn't have a single redeeming quality in comparison IMO.

• Like 1