Axl is on Budweiser advertising

And the ultimate winner on the forum today is Budweiser!

I'm not going to drink that shit beer just because Axl sold his soul to them.
But your talking about it along with every other gnr fan who follows twitter or forums and such :)

Maybe you don't know how marketing works. We're discussing Axl ridiculing himself in the ad, not how good or bad Budweiser is. I thought it was a shit beer before the ad and I still think it's a shit beer after.

I never said anything about how good or bad Budweiser is? Just said they are winning with the commercial because it's getting gnr fans talking and watching there commercial.. How else is marketing suppose to work? One individual (you) not buying there product means jack, if so they wouldn't make commercials lol.

That's not winning. When you said Budweiser is winning "on the forum", you're saying that people here are not only discussing the product but are willing to buy it. I guess there are a couple of losers here who would now drink Budweiser just because they saw Axl in the ad but, isn't that part of why they 'bought' Axl image? You said that one individual doesn't mean jack, and I agree. Yet, you referred to me as the one "talking about it along with every GN'R fan". In your own words, that doesn't mean jack.

If Axl has no integrity for this commercial then I would hate to see Slash's level of integrity at this point :lol:

Seriously? It's really not that bad. Axl isn't performing the awful "rendition" of the song, so I don't see the big deal. Celebrities make appearances in commercials all the time, and it is a commercial in Brazil where a lot more people praise and recognize him.

Just another mole-hill made into a mountain, it seems.

Agreed. Well said.

Ali

Axl does actually sing one line in the song as a background vocal.

I'm fairly certain that is not Axl.

But your talking about it along with every other gnr fan who follows twitter or forums and such :)

Maybe you don't know how marketing works. We're discussing Axl ridiculing himself in the ad, not how good or bad Budweiser is. I thought it was a shit beer before the ad and I still think it's a shit beer after.

I never said anything about how good or bad Budweiser is? Just said they are winning with the commercial because it's getting gnr fans talking and watching there commercial.. How else is marketing suppose to work? One individual (you) not buying there product means jack, if so they wouldn't make commercials lol.

That's not winning. When you said Budweiser is winning "on the forum", you're saying that people here are not only discussing the product but are willing to buy it. I guess there are a couple of losers here who would now drink Budweiser just because they saw Axl in the ad but, isn't that part of why they 'bought' Axl image? You said that one individual doesn't mean jack, and I agree. Yet, you referred to me as the one "talking about it along with every GN'R fan". In your own words, that doesn't mean jack.

LOL there were also a bunch of idiots drinking Dr. pepper the day CD was released. :facepalm:

I wouldn't complain if he did more ads

And more interviews, and everything he can do to put himself on the spotlight. However, according to the lunatics, Axl has integrity and they even applaud that attitude. The ad proves they were 100% wrong. He's a sell out, just like almost everyone in the music business and there's nothing wrong with that. A normal human being who chose to be an artist needs to sell their product.

• Like 1

I think you reading to much into my posts on a gnr forum :) lol.. I didn't single you out in any way just included you in the community of gnr fans here, me included, that are taking about a Budweiser commercial. which is exactly why they did it no? And when I said it didn't mean jack if one person bought it, meant more like to Budweiser that they don't care about one guy not buying it. big picture they just want there commercial to be seen by as many consumers as possible right?

So cheers to the the losers and the king of beers !! :P

I wouldn't complain if he did more ads

And more interviews, and everything he can do to put himself on the spotlight. However, according to the lunatics, Axl has integrity and they even applaud that attitude. The ad proves they were 100% wrong. He's a sell out, just like almost everyone in the music business and there's nothing wrong with that. A normal human being who chose to be an artist needs to sell their product.

Why do you equate integrity with not doing ads? Integrity means you are not willing to sacrifice and compromise your values to reach your goals. :shrugs:

All this integrity talk because he did a beer ad where one of his songs were used? Where the fuck does this harms one's integrity? I think many of you need to save some money to tend to your sandy vaginas. He raises a bottle of beer and nods, that's all he fucking does. I wonder how immaculate your behaviour is, and how many financially interesting offers that do not involve harming anybody (only PC, a bit) you paladins of integrity refuse daily.

It´s not because of the commercial. If Axl makes a commercial driving a brand new Corvette or a truck with PC sounding in the background I´m fine with it. It´s the fact that the commercial features a rap version of PC. And the Wolrd Cup is not very popular in the U.S. The commercial talks about rock and rock stars. And yet at the same time there is a rap? Obviously Axl wasn´t the one creating the commercial. With or without Axl and PC there I don´t like that commercial.

If Axl has no integrity for this commercial then I would hate to see Slash's level of integrity at this point :lol:

Seriously? It's really not that bad. Axl isn't performing the awful "rendition" of the song, so I don't see the big deal. Celebrities make appearances in commercials all the time, and it is a commercial in Brazil where a lot more people praise and recognize him.

Agreed. Well said.

Ali

It most certainly is - 1:52 into the video

He always wore cigarette shirts back in the day and even had Converse shoes, he did a private party, the same setlist for 4 years, has his band on contract and lock and key, drinks fine drinks and eats fine food and sits by jacuzzi's with his feet on marble floors and his suite burning a hole in his wallet, his surrogate mother and son manages the band, he is able to continue that lifestyle because he continued the band and has a handful of CD songs played, no further attempt to justify keeping the GNR name for over 15 years, he is living off the old work and that's fine but not as GNR, I don't know what could be more hypocritical than classing Slash as a Prostitute when the guy has done more to move on than Axl has, relating himself in association with Guns N' Roses is a crime, yet Axl's done 14 songs in 15 years to add to the cauldron lol.

• Like 2

All this integrity talk because he did a beer ad where one of his songs were used? Where the fuck does this harms one's integrity? I think many of you need to save some money to tend to your sandy vaginas. He raises a bottle of beer and nods, that's all he fucking does. I wonder how immaculate your behaviour is, and how many financially interesting offers that do not involve harming anybody (only PC, a bit) you paladins of integrity refuse daily.

It´s not because of the commercial. If Axl makes a commercial driving a brand new Corvette or a truck with PC sounding in the background I´m fine with it. It´s the fact that the commercial features a rap version of PC. And the Wolrd Cup is not very popular in the U.S. The commercial talks about rock and rock stars. And yet at the same time there is a rap? Obviously Axl wasn´t the one creating the commercial. With or without Axl and PC there I don´t like that commercial.

The comercial is not directed to US demographics, I think.

All hail Axl Rose, truely a credible musician. THIS is his vision PEOPLE! This is where he intended to take Guns N' Roses. These guys ARE the NEW Guns n' Roses. Wow. Only complaint I have is that he should've done this in 1987-1993 with the brand. That was the most mediocre part of his career IMO.

How did I miss this post? Comedy gold. :rofl-lol:

It's like he uses the fact he plays 5 CD songs and mixes the set up once in a blue moon to conceal the fact he has not evolved the band nor made a viable claim for keeping it alive other than touring for money on a bigger platform and having full control.

The World Cup is the biggest sport event in the world, everyone is looking at Brasil right now.

All hail Axl Rose, truely a credible musician. THIS is his vision PEOPLE! This is where he intended to take Guns N' Roses. These guys ARE the NEW Guns n' Roses. Wow. Only complaint I have is that he should've done this in 1987-1993 with the brand. That was the most mediocre part of his career IMO.

How did I miss this post? Comedy gold. :rofl-lol:

You probably missed that one cos you are posting the same things over and over to avoid getting your "facts" buried in the thread.

Agreed. Well said.

Ali

doesn't sound like Axl singing

I remember Axl doing a rant at a show around 1989 where he asked the crowd "What would you say if like Guns N' Roses showed up on TV in a Budweiser ad" and then the crowd booed and Axl said "I'll keep that in mind"

I guess Axl no longer cares about the fans

What show was that? I definitely heard it on a bootleg

Agreed. Well said.

Ali

Yeah, I know the part people are talking about, I just don't think it's Axl.

I'm not going to argue about it, but the ending part of the vocal doesn't sound like Axl to me. :shrugs:

It's a rock and roll ad, ffs.

No. It's a Budweiser ad that is using both Axl connection to Brazil and the World Cup to sell their product.

I can only imagine how much money they have invested to be one of the FIFA sponsors. Is it true that Brazil had a law that banned people from drinking beer at the games? It looks like that very same law has been broken for the Word Cup. It's all about money, baby! :lol:

Rock fans and soccer fans are not exactly rap fans. In SA they are more into pop Latin music than rap

We can talk about integrity but Axl reneged on the whole foundation he had expressed on keeping GNR alive, he did that in, in 2011 when he spent until the end of this residency in some weird ghost-like purgatory where the only purpose was gathering money by playing the same things and pretending it's the CD tour still. We like to assume or create a fantasy that he was funding a new record because the label rejected his offering but perhaps he was just going to get more money to see how far he could keep pushing the facade that he was expanding the new GNR vision by cracking open more old stuff. Don't get me wrong, as a product it was great even when he wasn't singing to full capacity it's a great show, outstanding when he's on form and changes it up, but looking at it critically, it was a terrible masquerade regarding the guy's whole logic and attitude towards being the last guy standing nobly trynna evolve an already legendary band. I don't know where his integrity is right now if we consider the big picture.