Judge the Poster Above You By His Top 3 Favorite GNR Songs

8/10

An Izzy song, an Axl epic and a Slash epic. Can't really go wrong can you?

Mr Brownstone

Dust N Bones

Madagascar

I imagine Down On The Ocean to be a mix of these 3. Axl was kinda like Tarantino with Chinese: he remixed different elements and known themes from UYI with some genres that were new to Guns.

I'd like to hear more of that. Different combinations of sounds that co exist with the Gn'R sound is a cool direction imo. 8/10.

My Michelle

Ain't It Fun

Riad

2/3 but that's just because I don't like Rocket Queen - no idea why, just don't. Other two are good, solid classics.

Used to Love Her

Night Train

Pretty Tied Up

Nightrain is my fav song of the band.

Nightrain

TWAT

OMG

7/10

OMG has a great chorus but the rest of the song is a bit of a meandering mess IMO. The other two are great though :)

1. Estranged

2. Rocket Queen

3. Street of dreams

8/10

An Izzy song, an Axl epic and a Slash epic. Can't really go wrong can you?

Mr Brownstone

Dust N Bones

Madagascar

I imagine Down On The Ocean to be a mix of these 3. Axl was kinda like Tarantino with Chinese: he remixed different elements and known themes from UYI with some genres that were new to Guns.

I'd like to hear more of that. Different combinations of sounds that co exist with the Gn'R sound is a cool direction imo. 8/10.

My Michelle

Ain't It Fun

Riad

7/10

Michelle not my fav song but I like Fun and Bedouins. Going to extremes.

CD is the Pulp Fiction of rock. It's so retro 90s.

Paradise City

You Could Be Mine

Better

7/10 - nothing wrong with those choices, but they are kinda obvious choices so you lose points for that

Pretty Tied Up

Civil War

Chinese Democracy (yeah what?)

6/10 - I dont like Chinese Democracy and Civil War, I've become fed up of it. It's not a tune to be played every day (sort of depressing and leads you to murder, apparently)

LOL

My choices:

1) Coma

2) Locomotive

3) Catcher In The Rye

Edited by tinyrobot

7/10 - nothing wrong with those choices, but they are kinda obvious choices so you lose points for that

Pretty Tied Up

Civil War

Chinese Democracy (yeah what?)

6/10 - I dont like Chinese Democracy and Civil War, I've become fed up of it. It's not a tune to be played every day (sort of depressing and leads you to murder, apparently)

LOL

My choices:

1) Coma

2) Locomotive

3) Catcher In The Rye

9 out of 10.

Civil War

Catcher

SCOM

I think that people are so tired of SCOM or that they've heard it soooo many times that they lose sight of just how good of a song it is.

9/10

I love Civil War and SCOM. Catcher feels stilted to me, like he wrote a piece and put it down for two years, wrote another bit, put it down, etc. It doesn't flow for me.

1) Don't Cry

2) Nightrain

3) Locomotive

nothing wrong with those 3 DC and Ntrain I always prefer live. 7/10. locomotive has epic coda.

My pics would be

Rocket queen

TWAT

estranged

Great thread but hard to pick 3

Edited by everythingimaginable

9/10

I love Civil War and SCOM. Catcher feels stilted to me, like he wrote a piece and put it down for two years, wrote another bit, put it down, etc. It doesn't flow for me.

1) Don't Cry

2) Nightrain

3) Locomotive

nothing wrong with those 3 DC and Ntrain I always prefer live. 7/10. locomotive has epic coda.

My pics would be

Rocket queen

TWAT

estranged

Pretty good. Mine would be very close, though maybe Prostitute instead of TWAT. (I'll make mine a bit different for fun though).

Don't Damn Me

Prostitute

Rocket Queen

9/10

1) Don't Cry

2) Nightrain

3) Locomotive

My pics would be

Rocket queen

TWAT

estranged

Pretty good. Mine would be very close, though maybe Prostitute instead of TWAT. (I'll make mine a bit different for fun though).

Don't Damn Me

Prostitute

Rocket Queen

I love Prostitute, best ending of any Cd. Rq, raw. And of course the girl in the studio. DdM, not in my top lists, but always enjoy listening to that song.

1.Better

2.November Rain

3.Estranged.

The first two will never change, but the third could of been many.

I love Prostitute, best ending of any Cd. Rq, raw. And of course the girl in the studio. DdM, not in my top lists, but always enjoy listening to that song.

1.Better

2.November Rain

3.Estranged.

The first two will never change, but the third could of been many.

9/10, great songs, but I wouldn't have picked Better as number 1.

1. Coma

2. There was a time

3. Sweet child o' mine (but my best pick as third would have been Serial Killer, too bad Axl didn't sing that one, would have been absolute killer)