What were the last albums you were really disappointed by (from bands you usually love)?

Towelie

Year of the black rainbow - Coheed & Cambria (Goodness knows what heppened here, some good songs buried under layers of noise)

Dark Adrenaline - Lacuna Coil (killer lead single, the rest of the album mainly filler)

Offline - Guano Apes (I have only given this a cursory listen online so far, but none of the songs stood out, they seem to have lost their passion which makes their reunion a big disappointment, and a bit of a head scratcher given how good the IO album was)

The last two Strokes albums sucked fucking ballz man. I expected better.

Agreed, but the first 2 are so good. I'll always respect The Strokes for those. And will always listen to them. The dude that sings julian? he's a fuckin' great songwriter and his lyrics are cool.

Edited by Rovim

Offline - Guano Apes (I have only given this a cursory listen online so far, but none of the songs stood out, they seem to have lost their passion which makes their reunion a big disappointment, and a bit of a head scratcher given how good the IO album was)

I think it's a great album. A bit more consistent than Bel Air, which had a few weak songs.

The big one for me is Alice Cooper - Along Came a Spider. Alice really hyped up this album. The concept sounded good, but the execution was poor. Most of the songs were incredibly bland and lyrically it was well below the standard that Alice is capable of. The saving graces are Salvation and I Am the Spider, but they're both at the end of the album.

The big one for me is Alice Cooper - Along Came a Spider. Alice really hyped up this album. The concept sounded good, but the execution was poor. Most of the songs were incredibly bland and lyrically it was well below the standard that Alice is capable of. The saving graces are Salvation and I Am the Spider, but they're both at the end of the album.

I like that album. I Know Where You Live, Killed By Love, Wake The Dead, Vengeance Is Mine and The One That Got Away are all great songs, as well as the two you mentioned. Seven good songs out of eleven is not bad going IMO.

Super Collider - Megadeth

It wasn't awful but there were maybe 3 great songs, several okay and the rest meh or ludicrous. I can give Mustaine some slack though with his productivity over the last 20 years and appreciate he was trying a new direction after exhausting and pushing the sound he's developed since 2001 as far as it'll go without regurgitating himself.

I also have a funny feeling the new Slash record is gonna suck.

The last record sucked so there ya go.

The last two Strokes albums sucked fucking ballz man. I expected better.

What about the third one? Julian's shit is just unbearable these days.

I thought Comedown Machine was an improvement from Angles. At least they sounded like a band that time.

anything post clayman in flames

They did seem quite determined not to write a Gothenburg Death Metal album ever again, but I thought the last record (SOAPF) was the best thing they'd written since Clayman and might even be better than Colony, in the sense that it combined everything that they ever have been, there was a great blend of the older IF magic with some of the stuff they've been trying since Reroute. In actual fact, some of my favourite IF songs have always been the experimental ones, Everlost II, Wayfaerer, Jester Script Transfigured, Satellites and Astronauts, Metaphor, Dawn of a New Day, Evil In A Closet, My Sweet Shadow, Come Clarity... I just felt that ASOP lacked teeth, normally when I listen to an IF record I want to feel like I'm in the middle of a storm, bludgeoned and overawed. With ASOP I just felt like I was surrounded by a swarm of bees, and the big experiment on that album was The Chosen Pessimist, which was just incredibly boring. I also found the lyrics pretty vacuous on the record as a whole.

I think people who want a more GBG approach are going to be extremely disappointed with Siren Charms, from what I've heard they're going to be trying all sorts of shit and very little of it is going to be about guitar harmonies and death growls. Which saddens me, because The Jester Race and Whoracle are two of the best records ever made, and it would be nice to see them having a bit of influence on the current output, especially since Anders has stopped doing that post-Reroute high-pitched shriek live and is now growling like an absolute beast, even on the newer material. Maybe one day, when they've explored all the avenues they want to explore they'll give us one last blast of what made us all love them in the first place.

• Like 2

For me, these two albums were a big letdown:

nine-inch-nails-hesitation-marks-1-626x6

jack-white-lazaretto-433.jpg

Oh, and this as well:

Cover.jpg

Usually love Drowning Pool in all their different incarnations, but this album sucked.

I wouldn't say Lazaretto sucked but I think it's a step down from Blunderbuss. I think the album really tips downward after High Ball Stepper. Three Women and Lazaretto are some of his best songs though. 3.5/5 Disappointed, but not unbearable.

I think it's a great album. A bit more consistent than Bel Air, which had a few weak songs.

I will have to give it a proper listen then :)

I really like Killed By Love from that album, thought Vengeance is Mine was pretty cool too.

With Bob Ezrin producing I had high hopes for it too.

Welcome 2 My Nightmare and Dirty Diamonds are the only post 80's albums of his I would give more than 3 out of 5 to.

I really like Killed By Love from that album, thought Vengeance is Mine was pretty cool too.

With Bob Ezrin producing I had high hopes for it too.

Welcome 2 My Nightmare and Dirty Diamonds are the only post 80's albums of his I would give more than 3 out of 5 to.

W2MN over Brutal Planet, really??

Music From Another Dimension by Aerosmith. Holy shit, that album bums me out

I never really got the hate for that album. Sure, it's not exactly their best work, but with a bit of ruthless editing, it could've been a pretty solid 10 track album. Really loved Lover Alot, Oh Yeah, Another Last Goodbye, LUV XXX, Legendary Child and Sunny Side Of Love.