SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

22 minute Rocket Queen... :headbang: I was in Slash heaven!

I think it's awesome that you enjoyed that but I would rather hear 3 songs than a 22 minute long nonsensical noodling by Slash. No disrespect to the man, but Rocket Queen long solo goes nowhere, really.

I thought the solo was better tonight than it was in Paris, but still at least 5-6 minutes too long.

Could have got The Unholy in that time! :P Guess you guys in South America will be the first to hear that, lucky bastards!

Gotten 1 unique World on Fire track at each show I've been to this year: Automatic Overdrive at first Paris show, Shadow Life at second show, and 30 Years to Life (my 2nd fave WOF track) tonight, so I'm very happy I went to all 3. Also got to hear YCBM and Wicked Stone (my fave WOF track) twice in Paris, and DTJ tonight. Up to 9/17 tracks from WOF, tracks I'd still like to hear are Withered Delilah, The Dissident, Safari Inn (maybe this could take the place of the extended RQ solo?) and of course, The Unholy (I'm guessing this will replace Beneath the Savage Sun at some point since I can't imagine two lengthy downbeat WOF epics in one show).

• Like 2

I think it's awesome that you enjoyed that but I would rather hear 3 songs than a 22 minute long nonsensical noodling by Slash. No disrespect to the man, but Rocket Queen long solo goes nowhere, really.

I know what you mean, but maybe you had to be there... it was magical, pure indulgence by Slash. He must have had sore fingers after that! :P DTJ was brilliant but, like someone else said, no-one seemed to recognise it at first. I was shouting out "Double Talking Jive" and eventually the penny dropped and the people around me started getting into it.

I thought the solo was better tonight than it was in Paris, but still at least 5-6 minutes too long.

Could have got The Unholy in that time! :P Guess you guys in South America will be the first to hear that, lucky bastards!

Gotten 1 unique World on Fire track at each show I've been to this year: Automatic Overdrive at first Paris show, Shadow Life at second show, and 30 Years to Life (my 2nd fave WOF track) tonight, so I'm very happy I went to all 3. Also got to hear YCBM and Wicked Stone (my fave WOF track) twice in Paris, and DTJ tonight. Up to 9/17 tracks from WOF, tracks I'd still like to hear are Withered Delilah, The Dissident, Safari Inn (maybe this could take the place of the extended RQ solo?) and of course, The Unholy (I'm guessing this will replace Beneath the Savage Sun at some point since I can't imagine two lengthy downbeat WOF epics in one show).

Yeah, would have loved to hear Withered Delilah and Unholy - and YCBM and, well, all of them actually... :lol:

Edited by Lindy100
  • Like 2

No way, he still plays at least 20 songs. And you couldn't be farther off saying that it is a nonsensical solo that goes nowhere. It is anything but that. In fact not many guitarists can actually pull that off. The solo grows, bends and evolves and changes the entire time. I would be highly disappointed if he didn't do it. I have attended numerous Slash shows with a lot of different people now and they are always blown away by it.

• Like 2

No way, he still plays at least 20 songs. And you couldn't be farther off saying that it is a nonsensical solo that goes nowhere. It is anything but that. In fact not many guitarists can actually pull that off. The solo grows, bends and evolves and changes the entire time. I would be highly disappointed if he didn't do it. I have attended numerous Slash shows with a lot of different people now and they are always blown away by it.

Yeah, like I said before, I was a little bit disappointed at first of watching youtube videos but when I saw it live it wasn't boring or too long at all. It was

just this crazy guy with his guitar and I enjoyed that.

Yeah, like I said before, I was a little bit disappointed at first of watching youtube videos but when I saw it live it wasn't boring or too long at all. It was

just this crazy guy with his guitar and I enjoyed that.

I agree with Freebird and Tom-Ass. I loved the solo and he does play 20 songs, so that's fair. But when it started out and people were clapping their hands, I thought: no way are they going to be able to do that for 15 minutes :lol: I was right.

That Rocket Queen solo indeed does go nowhere. The only people that seem to be blown away by it are those who know fuck all about guitar playing and get their kicks off fast shredding and noodling. I like the build up he does once, but after 3 times it gets predictable and boring.

• Like 1

That Rocket Queen solo indeed does go nowhere. The only people that seem to be blown away by it are those who know fuck all about guitar playing and get their kicks off fast shredding and noodling. I like the build up he does once, but after 3 times it gets predictable and boring.

In fact I know nothing about guitar playing.

It really didn't feel like 22 minutes, the time just flew by.

• Like 1

Does it matter? I know sod all about guitar playing. What I do know is great music and last night was absolutelyfuckingbrilliant - 22 minutes of RQ, DTJ, Out Ta Get Me, Slither, Anastasia...

Edited by Lindy100
  • Like 2

Good show, happy to get DTJ (though crowd response was muted) and VERY happy to hear 30 Years to Life for the first time. Man, they really need to turn up Slash's guitar, could barely hear him first few songs.

Crowd and venue were better in Paris, while I'm happy that Slash can fill arenas now, the Brixton Academy show in 2012 had a lot more energy. My first time at Wembley Arena, what a depressing soulless venue, dampened my enthusiasm for the System of a Down show I'm seeing there in April (should have got a Zenith ticket instead :P ).

Beneath the Savage Sun is a BEAST live, that and Anastasia have become highlights of Slash shows for me.

Good to see crowd singing along to singles from more recent albums.

Hopefully he does some club shows again in the future.

You couldn't hear the only reason anybody would ever go to one of his shows? What percentage of the show would you say that occurred for?

I would say the first 3 songs at least, which was a shame, but out of a total of 20-odd songs that's not abysmal. Still don't understand why it's not loud throughout, I've had no problem hearing the guitar for all the opening acts at the 3 Slash shows I've been to this year.

Speaking of opening acts, was cool hearing Glenn Hughes sing Burn.

It's good to hear that you had a good time regardless. I haven't seen him at all though, so I think I would be a little less forgiving.

For the first Paris show I was in the mid-front section, and the 2nd I was closer to the front. While at gigs the sound at the front isn't great, I managed to hear his guitar much better at the 2nd Slash show. Moved towards the front at this London show after first few songs and again could hear better. I don't know how it is towards the back, I'd be interested to hear what GivenToFly thought of the sound from wherever he was sat.

At the GNR shows I can make out all 3 guitars distinctively (unfortunate in the case of Ashba). Here I can barely hear Sidoris at all apart from when he's covering Izzy's solo spots in Nightrain etc.

I was pretty far, around here:

GQeY2Un.jpg

The whole thing was too loud for me. Even the opening bands were turned up really high and it blew my ears. Again. Second time this happens to me with Slash (and I'm starting to get kinda worried). By the end of the show I could barely make out anything (I had to leave after Slither ended) so I'm not the best person to ask how it sounded. Although I did notice too that Slash was too low in the mix in the beginning of the show but it got fixed pretty quickly.

I love extended solos, they're one of my favorite things about live music, but last night showed that there is such a thing as too extended. It got pretty boring after a while and I could notice it around me too, people looked pretty bored, some were leaving their seats to get drinks or use the toilets. So many false ends too, giving us hope. Felt like Return of the king.

• Like 3

The whole thing was too loud for me. Even the opening bands were turned up really high and it blew my ears. Again. Second time this happens to me with Slash (and I'm starting to get kinda worried). By the end of the show I could barely make out anything (I had to leave after Slither ended) so I'm not the best person to ask how it sounded. Although I did notice too that Slash was too low in the mix in the beginning of the show but it got fixed pretty quickly.

Gotta start taking care of your hearing, if you start losing certain frequencies... They don't come back.

Gotta start taking care of your hearing, if you start losing certain frequencies... They don't come back.

True, but it's also a Wembley Arena thing. I bloody hate the acoustics there, it really does hurt your ears. When we were leaving, I noticed quite a few ear plugs on the floor and thought I should have got some too!

Next time Slash - go to the O2, you know you can fill it!!!

• Like 1

I see on the setlist at Glasgow that they played Deep Purple's Burn with Glenn Hughes. Yes please, I will have some of that. I mean, sure, I've already heard it, live, when I saw California Breed support AB, but it's a good song and a good performance and doing it with Slash and the guys should be no different.

Edited by Anguyen92

I see on the setlist at Glasgow that they played Deep Purple's Burn with Glenn Hughes. Yes please, I will have some of that. I mean, sure, I've already heard it, live, when I saw California Breed support AB, but it's a good song and a good performance and doing it with Slash and the guys should be no different.

Nice! They also got Too Far Gone, I still need to hear that one live. I'm guessing the Glasgow crowd must have been great to get an encore apart from just PC. Back in 2012 we got WTTJ before PC in the encore.

I think it's time to swap out Doctor Alibi, what could Todd sing instead?

I think they should just put Welcome to the Jungle in that spot instead of Dr. Alibi, but Todd's already got a token GNR spot with either Out Ta Get Me or You're Crazy.

Yeah, I know they want to represent the self-titled album in some way but I think most of those tracks are more suited to Myles.

Anyway, Todd DAMMIT Kerns turns 45 today !

• Like 4