Slash and WTTJ featured in "SpongeBob 2" Movie Trailer

ManetsBR

Slash's cameo was funny. Movie looks terrible. I fucking hate animated movies, specially now with this trend of adding classic rock songs to them. So cheap. I see lots of rock dads going "hell yeah rock n' roll!!" when WTTJ starts playing.

"Movie looks terrible" because it's a child movie, come on. SpongeBob was my favorite cartoon. When I heard they were doing a live action movie it didn't come off as a good idea, but the CGI looks good, actually.

Exactly. Child movies tend to be unfunny and terrible to me. What's the problem?

I'm honestly surprised the Spongebob brand has lasted this long, seems like they only repeat the old episodes on Nick lately. Trailer looks kinda neat besides the silly storyline, just might have to check it out.

I take it Slash is the Hasselhoff of this film :lol:

• Like 3

wonder if this will be another court case

Why ? I assume GNR/Axl had to agree to this.

Welcome to the Jungle in SpongeBob :(

It's all just for fun and games. It's ok.

Edited by cooker

I'm honestly surprised the Spongebob brand has lasted this long, seems like they only repeat the old episodes on Nick lately. Trailer looks kinda neat besides the silly storyline, just might have to check it out.

I take it Slash is the Hasselhoff of this film :lol:

I forgot about th hoff in the first one. Haha. I'm glad they only play the old episodes. Some of those were golden. Childhood memories for me.

I sense an Axl lawsuit a la style of rock band. Only joking.

wonder if this will be another court case

Why ? I assume GNR/Axl had to agree to this.

Welcome to the Jungle in SpongeBob :(

I assume nothing in GNR land

Fair enough. Well, I guess we'll soon find out.

EDIT: Or not :lol:

Edited by Lio
  • Like 1

He probably did the cameo for his kids. Mine are the same age and love SB. Axl must have signed this off along with Slash and Duff, I believe it's those three that have to agree over licencing of old material. He probably didn't know about the cameo though. Makes me think of the video game lawsuit where he was unhappy about Slash's likeness promoting it.

Who knows in GNR land though.

I hope Axl and Team Brazil know and allowed this.

Funny, because I hope Axl doesn't know and hasn't allowed this :lol:

I guess I'm just old...

I've never seen the show so I guess I'm old too. Obviously I've heard of it, but never watched a single episode.

Watching the trailer WTTJ doesn't seem that fitting, but I don't know if that's because I don't know the show.