Having Indian food for the first time

Georgy Zhukov

Really? First time? I love Indian food sooooooo much. I'm jealous. I don't think there's any near me.

Is it just me or does it sound like America blows food wise?

I live in the middle of nowhere. I'd put any major American city against any place on Earth food-wise.

You would, absolutely.... Unequivocally lose....... no contest in my opinion....

My country is great for many things, including food......but if you want to go head to head, for food.....in this circumstance....we would lose......

Food is Food.

yUM....YUM....

:)

How often are you drinking these days? :lol:

Vindaloo is the best.

fuck yes, I have Naan and Vindaloo every Wednesday, sweat pouring out of my head like crazy.

Harold Shipmans up for execution right, they go 'so, whatcha fancy for your last meal?' and he goes 'cor, can you do us a curry? Vindaloo?' and they go yeah sure, of course, anything else? And he goes 'i tell ya what, I could murder a Naan'

Edited by Lennie Godber
  • Like 1

once I was drunk (not only once but all the time) and I went into the indian and asked for the hottest curry they had and they said they'd cook something up (rats?) and to be honest it was the hottest thing I ever touched. but once i got past the first few burns i had to keep going just to ease the pain. and I finished it but I had the worst food poisoning ever, it just enviserated my intestines. Fever, chills, throwing up for night. Cleaned me right out and had to eat yogurt for a few days. curry is top.

I've only eaten Indian food twice, it was two days in a row a couple of months ago in London. We don't seem to have Indian restaurants here. We have a lot of other Asian places, but apparently, not many Indians here.

It was so delicious. I think it's one of my favourite foods now. We had a Thali, a large round plate with lots of different bowls with vegetables, chicken, curry, rice... For the foodies in this thread: I don't know the first thing about Indian cuisine, so maybe it's not authentic or from another region, but I absolutely loved it.

thalis_4.jpg

that's a north indian thali (platter) and one can get that in resturants in any city across india. it is pretty common. in fact it is my preffered dish when i am eating out on a regular basis. It's basically a grand version of typical north indian dinner...only instead on half a dozen bowls there are usally 2 or 3 of those side dishes.

• 3 weeks later...

I once had this

000312.jpg?v=2
I got it from Tesco.

This Indian ice cream is disgusting.

I disliked the flavour and threw it out.

I love a snack called Chevda a.k.a Bombay Mix

250px-Bombaymix.jpg

I've loved various brands of this my whole life and was one thing I couldn't get in America.

There's this place in my neighborhood that makes home made Chevda and sells for £1 a lsb.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombay_mix

Murukku's well good always. Pakoda and all that too. Not a fan?

Dunno what the fuck a murruku is, pakoda, in my strange dialect its called a pakora, basically what the whiteboys can an onion bhajji innit?

Pakora in England is shite.

Murukku's well good always. Pakoda and all that too. Not a fan?

Dunno what the fuck a murruku is, pakoda, in my strange dialect its called a pakora, basically what the whiteboys can an onion bhajji innit?

Pakora in England is shite.
Why's it shite?

@ Lenny - Murukku's the noodley looking shit in Bombay Mix.