Silkworms live performances in 2001

So "Silkworms" was performed at all four shows in '01, only once on video at RIR -- but it was performed at the House of Blues before Rio and the two shows at The Joint in December. Now, I'm wondering if anyone here can confirm this:

At one of the shows I attended in 2006 (Oakland, CA), another fan at the show told me that he was at a "Vegas show" in 01 and that the version of "Silkworms" played there was actually different than the one from Rio ("faster, more of a rocker"). Now isn't there an audio boot of the entire HOB show? Did "Silkworms" actually sound different there? Or maybe he meant one of The Joint shows, is there audio from either of those two shows?

Maybe this guy was full of it, but who knows. Are there people still on this forum that attended any of the Vegas gigs that year?

Edited by GNR 1991

I don't mind the lyrics, it's the music that bothers me. It's so messy and lacking in direction. There's a riff in there somewhere buried under a load of tracks. The best part about it is the bridge.

I think with a cleaner mix, better riff, some harmonies or a key change and maybe a decent solo, it could be a decent angry Axl punk song like down on the farm.

Sounds really awful.. Sounds like a 12 year old kid with his garage band who evrybody is a Star Wars Nerd,, trying be a cool instrumental hard rock band with laser effects. This is just awful...

That's why i like Slashs Band. A Vocalist, bass, drums, rhythm and lead that's it!