Looks like DJ will be busy for the next two years.

Guns is the meal ticket. DJ seems to be a good business man. He won't walk out of that imo. Besides, Axl can replace anyone at this point and very few will care. He'll still be able to tour and make money.

Please read the interview. DJ says Sixx A.M. is "our main priority". So it is his priority too. Axl can replace anyone but at this point promoters will tell him reunion or nothing, unless Axl is willing to play small clubs in Sunset Strip. That´s the only "tour" he can get with yet another new band
I don't think so. The brand name Guns N Roses can still draw around 5-10,000 per show( more in NYC etc) regardless of who is in the band. You could throw seven guys from this board up there with Axl. It's the GnR name that is the draw,not any one member besides Axl. I will say Ashba has the biggest fan base of anyone who has been in new GnR with the possible exception of Buckethead.
Does he fuck. No one I know has ever heard of Ashba. Anyone who knows anything about rock knows The Replacements.
I agree that The Replacements are more well known than Ashba but how many of their fans are gonna pay $50+ per ticket to come see Stinson play bass in GnR and sing one song? I'm sure most Mats fans would prefer Stinson leave GnR. At most GnR shows these days you'll see people wearing Ashba swag I'm not saying that thousands of his fans are at every gig but he's by far the biggest draw besides Axl.

People actually wear Ashbaswag at gigs? I've not been to see Guns since 2010...Christ, the situation sounds even worse than I thought. All the more reason to spend my gig money elsewhere.

If DJ was committed to Sixx:AM and GNR had a festival booked, they'd probably call Robin and Izzy. If they need a drummer, they'd call Brain or Josh Freese, or even Matt Sorum, it's not like he couldn't play the ChiDem songs.

GNR is doing what The Cure's been doing for years. The whole thing of original lineups and Slash on stage with Axl doesn't really matter if there's no new music coming.

Ashba sums it all up: "Imagine the next two years filled with world tours, meet-and-greets and more new music by SIXX: A.M. than your ears can handle. Well, that's exactly what's going to happen! Nikki, James and myself have all decided to make SIXX: A.M. our main priority! We are on a mission to give our fans even more than they could have hoped for, both musically and visually. Also, we would like to thank you for your patience, your loyalty, and most of all, for turning us into a real band. We'll see you on the road in 2016!"

Read more at
So... it seems like there wont be any tour and/or an album in 2016. Ashba has been involved in playing live in 2015 and it will continue for 2 more years. Sixx AM is his main priority now.
I dont think Soon is the word. Nor do I think Axl is involved in GNR anymore.
Been a great ride though. Thanks GNR. Goodbye.

In terms of new music, I highly doubt Axl's plans (if he actually has any at all) hinge on DJ Ashba's availability. Axl has shown no interest in collaborating creatively with DJ, Ron or Richard. Although Axl may be fucked for a live band if he finds himself minus two of his three guitarists.

This is the perfect chance to beg Robin Finck and Buckethead to come back and release the second half of CD with the actual musicians he wrote the material with.

Although I'm sure Axl will do nothing, as per normal.

Edited by Towelie

In terms of new music, I highly doubt Axl's plans (if he actually has any at all) hinge on DJ Ashba's availability. Axl has shown no interest in collaborating creatively with DJ, Ron or Richard. Although Axl may be fucked for a live band if he finds himself minus two of his three guitarists.

This is the perfect chance to beg Robin Finck and Buckethead to come back and release the second half of CD with the actual musicians he wrote the material with.

Although I'm sure Axl will do nothing, as per normal.

Axl is far far too busy to think about such trivial things as releasing new music

• Like 1

I said this band was done at the end of the last tour after Axl started sending out the gold watches, but did you listen to me? No you didn't, despite my spotless record of being right about everything and my having a bigger penis than anyone on this forum. More fool you guys! ;)

Seriously though, it's over. Think about it for a second....would Axl admit retiring? No, becaue he knows his fans will and previously have accepted years of no communication or activity from him, so if he just pulls another vanishing act and changes his mind his ass is covered. But....the rumours of retirement were there, and they didn't come from nowhere. Those 2014 shows reeked of desperation, failure, defeat and goodbye. Bumblefoot is gone, Stinson is working solo, Dead Daisies are doing well, Sixx AM have a two year plan....Ashba is as big a lapdog as they come, do you honestly think he'd commit two years of his life elsewhere if he thought for one second Axl was going to come a'callin'?

Don't be strung along. Any news we get in the next few months will just give more credence to the fact that this project is finished.

• Like 2

It's not going to be 2 continuous years, especially when 2 of them just got married, and in Nikki's case, is also killing Crue (Bill O'Reilly's next book) Dec. 31st.

If Sixx:AM turned out to be a headlining arena/festival band, I doubt DJ would have a reason to be back when his role in Sixx:AM is a lot bigger.

Please, if Axl said GNR were beginning a tour or another residency, you know DJ would be right there.

It's probably why he said it would take 2 years for a new Sixx AM album because Motley Crue are still touring and it's very possible DJ will be busy with GNR soon too.

Please, if Axl said GNR were beginning a tour or another residency, you know DJ would be right there.

It's probably why he said it would take 2 years for a new Sixx AM album because Motley Crue are still touring and it's very possible DJ will be busy with GNR soon too.

No two albums will be released next year and then they will tour for 2 years.

Bring back finck and bucket to replace bumble and DJ....

Honestly though even if axl had plans for next year, if DJ said he couldn't do it axl would probably wait for him to be available.... Axl seems to like DJ more than the others.

Nobody wants that shit at this point either. It's obvious the only thing that will fly anymore is a reunion with the original band(Steven or Matt, Izzy or Gilby or). I'd laugh my ass off so hard if Axl "reunited" with Robin and Bucket. Like WTF?