04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

I'm still waiting for someone with any artistic skills to take me up on my suggestion of creating a banner. Granted it will be hung from section 210 and 218 but if it's big enough,they just might see it! It should say MYGNRFORUM and then a song that there is a realistic chance of them playing like Dead Horse. I'm in Row B both nights, I don't think it'll be hard to hang and it won't block anyone's view.

We would have to vote for the song! "Think About You" mutha' Fuckahs!!! \m/

Reckless Life

I'm still waiting for someone with any artistic skills to take me up on my suggestion of creating a banner. Granted it will be hung from section 210 and 218 but if it's big enough,they just might see it! It should say MYGNRFORUM and then a song that there is a realistic chance of them playing like Dead Horse. I'm in Row B both nights, I don't think it'll be hard to hang and it won't block anyone's view.

Reckless Life

I doubt they are gonna do anything not rehearsed that early. Out ta Get Me or My Michelle, those kinda ones maybe.

Gotta factor in 2-3 Chi Dem songs as well.

I couldn't even factor those in yet just cause I'm still of that opinion that you do those you have to do VR or a compromise on some Slash and Duff material too. But thats a story for a different day. I'd be absolutely fine if they did Chinese, There Was A Time and This I Love.

I don't get the people saying "if they play CD songs then they should play VR songs". Why would they? CD was released as a GNR album, and the majority of people on stage will have played on the album (assuming it's hybrid lineup for these shows), Duff played some of the songs and Slash is capable of turning them into more "GNR sounding" songs... I like the album and I'm genuinely curious to see what Slash would do with it.

CD is NOT a Guns N' Roses record, regardless of what it says on the jewel case.

I'll let you guys know what the view from the front row looks like.

Just try not to get stabbed by Romero Rose. :lol:

• Like 1

Are these shows sold out? How can I find out the price of GA floor tix?

I had one VIP SILVER TICKET - GA FLOOR

$1000,00

I'll put on e-bay if you interested, tell me.

Pretty sure you can't resell the VIP tickets.

Also nice scalp price.

Yeah,I can see wanting to make a few bucks but $1,000 seems like a pretty big mark up. I'm used to the Pearl Jam community where fans sell to other fans at face. I wouldn't begrudge the guy trying to make $50-100 for his time spent.

Are these shows sold out? How can I find out the price of GA floor tix?

I had one VIP SILVER TICKET - GA FLOOR

$1000,00

I'll put on e-bay if you interested, tell me.

Pretty sure you can't resell the VIP tickets.

Also nice scalp price.

But I can sell the ticket on GAFLOOR, only VIP TICKETS stay on GAFLOOR. If you interested I can put on same price as I paid. $650,00

Saw this on a Pearl Jam board and it sums up how I feel about updates during the Vegas shows. If something was so awesome you would live the moment and not feel the need to hop online and tell people. The band pays Jarmo/Kat to update us:

As for the set threads,I have never heard nor read anything so ridiculous and irritating.Wankers that spend all their time at the gig updating their egobook and twatters as to what is being played so that the locked out masses can 'feel' as if they are actually there all takes away from the fact it is a gig for the people that got tickets.Not for the people that didn't.

It seems no event is sacred from the pollution that is today's instant society of letting everyone know exactly what you are doing at exactly the time you are doing it.

I loved the days when a gig was a gig with bars closed during a set and no cameras being shoved in the air to gain a grainy picture,are people's memories so poor these days that they can't hold the wonder of what they saw and heard inside as treasures rather than outside as ego strokes.

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1

Saw this on a Pearl Jam board and it sums up how I feel about updates during the Vegas shows. If something was so awesome you would live the moment and not feel the need to hop online and tell people. The band pays Jarmo/Kat to update us:

As for the set threads,I have never heard nor read anything so ridiculous and irritating.Wankers that spend all their time at the gig updating their egobook and twatters as to what is being played so that the locked out masses can 'feel' as if they are actually there all takes away from the fact it is a gig for the people that got tickets.Not for the people that didn't.

It seems no event is sacred from the pollution that is today's instant society of letting everyone know exactly what you are doing at exactly the time you are doing it.

I loved the days when a gig was a gig with bars closed during a set and no cameras being shoved in the air to gain a grainy picture,are people's memories so poor these days that they can't hold the wonder of what they saw and heard inside as treasures rather than outside as ego strokes.

I feel you and agreed with what you said, but you can't really lock out/confiscate the phones after more than a 200-300 people these days :shrugs:

I was watching Led Zeppelin's Celebration Day again the other day and really took note of how many people had their phones in the air taking crappy videos. Did they even realize that they were witnessing something that was truly once in a lifetime? Why they would want to experience it through their phones is beyond me - not to mention the show got released on DVD anyways. That's one thing that drives me nuts about concerts these days. Sure, take a couple pictures here but does the phone really need to be out in the air the whole time?

• Like 1

I was watching Led Zeppelin's Celebration Day again the other day and really took note of how many people had their phones in the air taking crappy videos. Did they even realize that they were witnessing something that was truly once in a lifetime? Why they would want to experience it through their phones is beyond me - not to mention the show got released on DVD anyways. That's one thing that drives me nuts about concerts these days. Sure, take a couple pictures here but does the phone really need to be out in the air the whole time?

I think some of the crappy footage from fans was used in Celebration Day dvd? could be wrong.. don't remember.

Anyway.. it sucks. But thank god that doesn't happen here in SA.

I feel you and agreed with what you said, but you can't really lock out/confiscate the phones after more than a 200-300 people these days :shrugs:

Yeah ,I mean I'm cool with a picture or two at the start of the show. Maybe even one video. But nobody has any courtesy for anyone and they think it's ok to hold their phone up for hours,blocking people's views and for what? A shitty video so you can brag to your friends? I'm not sure of the solution, maybe offering downloads/CDs of the show for purchase once it ends? I bought one immediately after the show at a Collective Soul concert over ten years ago. It had a printed case and everything. I'd imagine technology has greatly improved since then.

I'm very against people blocking other people just to get a shitty picture or video of a show. I don't have any problem whatsoever with texting setlist updates though. There's a way that can be done without bothering anyone, so I've never had a problem with it.

• Like 3

Reckless Life
I doubt they are gonna do anything not rehearsed that early. Out ta Get Me or My Michelle, those kinda ones maybe.

No,those wouldn't be a surprise at all.

They have 2 months to rehearse reckless life, easy.

I think some of the crappy footage from fans was used in Celebration Day dvd? could be wrong.. don't remember.

Anyway.. it sucks. But thank god that doesn't happen here in SA.

Correct. It was kind of cool how the amateur footage was integrated but all the same it didn't make or break the DVD. Needless to say - looking at the crowd, they had a LOT of footage to choose from. :lol:

Do you guys think this will be pro-shot? I assume there's not been any official word. It'd make a cool DVD obviously... but I hope it's not just gonna be shitty amateur vids. I feel like these shows will be more fun to watch than Coachella for big GNR fans.

Do you guys think this will be pro-shot? I assume there's not been any official word. It'd make a cool DVD obviously... but I hope it's not just gonna be shitty amateur vids. I feel like these shows will be more fun to watch than Coachella for big GNR fans.

Yes but no idea if it'll be released ever. I think most bands shoot all of their shows these days to have for potential release/videos etc...

Wouldn't it be something if the Coachella shows ended up having longer set lists or being the first AFD 5 reunion shows?

Coachella is guaranteed to not have a longer set than the Vegas shows.

How so? Didn't Paul McCartney play there a few years ago and do a full two and a half hours? I'm sure the overtime fees were nothing to him. Or was that a different festival?