04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

Shitty Spirit is like $275 I didn't think that was bad. I was more freaked about hotels on the strip $250-300 a night

I paid $475 for my flight from Boston and two nights in a hotel on the strip combined. There were cheaper packages too. Some for $360.

Vegas is one of the few instances where I couldn't give a shit if Axl shows up late. No babysitters to get back to and everywhere's still open for drinks afterwards. :)

Will the arena sell beer throughout the show if it is that late?

Shitty Spirit is like $275 I didn't think that was bad. I was more freaked about hotels on the strip $250-300 a night

I paid $475 for my flight from Boston and two nights in a hotel on the strip combined. There were cheaper packages too. Some for $360.

Vegas is one of the few instances where I couldn't give a shit if Axl shows up late. No babysitters to get back to and everywhere's still open for drinks afterwards. :)

Will the arena sell beer throughout the show if it is that late?

It's Vegas! They will sell alcohol before, during and after.

Cool I didn't know if it would be different in an Arena. I hate it when places shut the beer off before the show.. I remember when I saw Axl in 2002.. he didn't come until like 11:30 on a Monday NIght. They shut all the beer down at like 9 if that because he wasn't there yet. They didn't know if he was going to be a no show and were preparing for the worst.

Nothing worse than pre gaming for a show then having the beer shut down and have to sit around for 3 hours..

Edited by Tom-Ass

Funny that people only mention The Killers because Axl randomly introduced them one time. Weird.

I mentioned them because they will be there a day or 2 before and yes the Axl connection.....if it really matters to you
They're a great band, especially live. I've seen them six or seven times. They're one of the few bands that I've followed from their own beginnings because most of the music I listen to started either before I was born or when I was too young to be into it.

On the start time subject, I feel like 9:30 could very well be an opener since its Vegas. For the tour proper I'm sure they'll agree to a standard 10:30 or something like that (save for Coachella probably). What seemed to piss off Slash was the endless waiting for hours, but if it's set in stone that they'll play at 10:30 every night then I can't see him being pissed as long as it stays that way. Axl has been pretty good overall since 2010. It's when the opener is done at 8:00 and Axl decides not to appear until midnight. However, if the opener goes at 9:00 for the tour then 10:00-10:30 shouldn't be a problem.

For the record, Jenny Was A Friend of Mine, and The Killers are great. I guess my post was a little harsh, I jus let see no chance of them opening it. Who knows.

Cool I didn't know if it would be different in an Arena. I hate it when places shut the beer off before the show.. I remember when I saw Axl in 2002.. he didn't come until like 11:30 on a Monday NIght. They shut all the beer down at like 9 if that because he wasn't there yet. They didn't know if he was going to be a no show and were preparing for the worst.

Nothing worse than pre gaming for a show then having the beer shut down and have to sit around for 3 hours..

Ha-ha...couldn't have said it better myself. "Nothing worse than pre gaming for a show then having the beer shut down and have to sit around for 3 hours." I've been to plenty of concerts in Vegas- trust me, the booze is available 24/7. No curfew, no bar closing, no alcohol sales ending.

• Like 1

Boy do I feel bad for that opener if there is one. I'm too far away to throw anything at the stage, and obviously I would never do that cause its incredibly rude to the band, but I'm gonna be sitting there like a child on Christmas waiting for the main event. At least that first night. I'll be praying for that opening band to get done ASAP, although hopefully if the music is great that'll distract me.

Are these shows sold out? How can I find out the price of GA floor tix?

According to the AXS tickets are not sold out but there are none available right now. I would expect more to be released.

As for an opening band, I vote for Hillbilly Herald.

Nothing is ever truly sold out....most shows end up eventually releasing tix that are VIP packages that go unsold etc...as they get closer to the show.

Although I will say Taylor Swift was impossible for me to get last summer....(for my wife and daughters, not me- don't worry).

Are these shows sold out? How can I find out the price of GA floor tix?

According to the AXS tickets are not sold out but there are none available right now. I would expect more to be released.

As for an opening band, I vote for Hillbilly Herald.

Nothing is ever truly sold out....most shows end up eventually releasing tix that are VIP packages that go unsold etc...as they get closer to the show.

Although I will say Taylor Swift was impossible for me to get last summer....(for my wife and daughters, not me- don't worry).

Yes, unsold VIP tix...and production will open up once they get the stage setup day of or day before show

Boy do I feel bad for that opener if there is one. I'm too far away to throw anything at the stage, and obviously I would never do that cause its incredibly rude to the band, but I'm gonna be sitting there like a child on Christmas waiting for the main event. At least that first night. I'll be praying for that opening band to get done ASAP, although hopefully if the music is great that'll distract me.

If this was 1999 I imagine limp bizkit as an opener. Anyway maybe Adler's Appetite could fill in as opener. hehe

Edited by TKesseli

I am hoping GNR is going to take into account people are coming from all over the country to see these shows, and a 9:30 start time is bad for people who are on east coast time (12:30 by their account) now there is talk of them not getting on until 11PM (2AM ET)? that is going to be horrible for those from a different time zone, hoping they are going to hit the stage by 10PM at the latest

I am hoping GNR is going to take into account people are coming from all over the country to see these shows, and a 9:30 start time is bad for people who are on east coast time (12:30 by their account) now there is talk of them not getting on until 11PM (2AM ET)? that is going to be horrible for those from a different time zone, hoping they are going to hit the stage by 10PM at the latest

No offense- but the last thing they are going to worry about is some fans jetlag. LOL Deal with it.

• Like 2

No offense- but the last thing they are going to worry about is some fans jetlag. LOL Deal with it.

Yup, a complete nonissue. I'm coming from the East Coast and I think the sheer excitement will be enough to power me through. Its my job to get through the weekend in one piece, not theirs. I'll sleep accordingly.

well it would be a nice thing if they considered it, considering they are going to be hitting the stage when a good chunk of the audience is usually fast asleep, I am sure it is going to make for a less than enthusiastic crowd by the middle of the set

well it would be a nice thing if they considered it, considering they are going to be hitting the stage when a good chunk of the audience is usually fast asleep, I am sure it is going to make for a less than enthusiastic crowd by the middle of the set

thats enough internet for you today!

• Like 3

I'm not trying to be an ass - but are you kidding or serious? When is "beddy time" for you? You'll be in Vegas...you realize most clubs don't get really rolling until close to midnight until 4-5AM right? Take a nap during the day....or go see Celine Dion, she'll be on at exactly the ticket time and off in exactly 75 minutes.

I'm not trying to be an ass - but are you kidding or serious? When is "beddy time" for you? You'll be in Vegas...you realize most clubs don't get really rolling until close to midnight until 4-5AM right? Take a nap during the day....or go see Celine Dion, she'll be on at exactly the ticket time and off in exactly 75 minutes.

again, did you hear what I said? when a good chunk of the audience is basically on 3 AM by their internal clock and the show is just getting started, it is going to make for a less than enthusiastic crowd