07/14/16 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field

downzy

3 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

I was in the lower bowl straight away from the stage. I know I have my ticket somewhere!

5th row huh...were you ducking flying chairs and beers?

beers, binoculars, (they were ripping them from under the seats in our section and throwing them.) someone even tried to light a fire.... what a crazy night that was!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, metalms said:

beers, binoculars, (they were ripping them from under the seats in our section and throwing them.) someone even tried to light a fire.... what a crazy night that was!

Not gonna lie, being young and dumb I was guilty of throwing whatever I got my hands on. My buddy actually took a chair home with him and will be bringing it down to our tailgait Thursday. I also vaguely remember someone trying to light a Christmas Tree on fire. 

• Like 1

Just now, WestCoastStrutting said:

Not gonna lie, being young and dumb I was guilty of throwing whatever I got my hands on. My buddy actually took a chair home with him and will be bringing it down to our tailgait Thursday. I also vaguely remember someone trying to light a Christmas Tree on fire. 

Yup that sounds about right LOL!  Well you and Axl have matured hopefully :lol: I'll never forget it!  As we were leaving police were coming in with full riot gear on! We rode the train home and that was an experience in of itself...ahhh the memories!  I am sure your chair will be the best seat at your tailgate!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

I probably won't get to the venue until 7-7:30...hoping to get out of work around 3, and it's about a 3 1/2 hour drive from there.

I guess its fine, but its Philly, so its better to there a little early, for me I prefer to reach like 1 hour or 2 hours before the show, some one reach like 10 hours before the show and I don't know how they don't find it boring.

You in the pit or seats? if seats then 7 to 7.30 would be fine 

12 hours ago, metalms said:

Yup that sounds about right LOL!  Well you and Axl have matured hopefully :lol: I'll never forget it!  As we were leaving police were coming in with full riot gear on! We rode the train home and that was an experience in of itself...ahhh the memories!  I am sure your chair will be the best seat at your tailgate!

Oh what a night! Funny thing is my wife's mother was Director of Security for the First Union Center. So she has special little spot in her heart where she hates Axl :lol:

27 minutes ago, charliehoodger said:

I've had this peice of paper for 14 years. I guess part of me was still waiting for them to come back to a stadium in South philly. Or maybe I just had it as a memory of my first gnr show. Even though technically it turned out not to be...here's to promises kept (sort of)

20160713_103458.jpg

Been 25 years for me... tried like you in 2002 of course. Never got a chance to see them in 2011/2012 Saw them twice in 1991 July and December. My husband last saw them in 1988! Crazy I was in high school the last time I saw them

1 hour ago, Philly Guns said:

Oh what a night! Funny thing is my wife's mother was Director of Security for the First Union Center. So she has special little spot in her heart where she hates Axl :lol:

After what I witnessed that night, I am sure she does.   :heart:

3 hours ago, Slash787 said:

I guess its fine, but its Philly, so its better to there a little early, for me I prefer to reach like 1 hour or 2 hours before the show, some one reach like 10 hours before the show and I don't know how they don't find it boring.

You in the pit or seats? if seats then 7 to 7.30 would be fine 

Seats. I'm going to try to leave earlier than 3...depends on what my boss says. I'm going to go in super early tomorrow to get caught up regardless.

Besides, I work in radio. I can just record everything if I want to! :lol:

Should be one of the loudest shows on the tour. Philly fans are among the loudest in the country and G N' R have a huge following in Philly....as well as a lot of history, dating back to their club days.

I Wouldn't be surprised if they use a lot of the Philly fan footage of the show for a possible future Blu Ray release.  The energy level at Lincoln Financial Field should parallel the best shows on the tour...should be right up there with the first NY show and the first LA show.

I went to my first G N' R concert when I was 14 yearsold at the Philadelphia Spectrum on June 13, 1991....first leg on the Illuisions tour and it is still the loudest single concert I've ever been to in my life....the place went ballistic for 90% of the show.....for both them and Skid Row, who opened for them.

Philly will be insane come tomorrow night! 

Edited by Kasanova King

I was at that show also. 13 years old and it was my first  concert.  I've seen Guns 3 times since then, and I'm excited about this one. I work 15-20 minutes from the stadium so instead of driving 35 minutes home, getting changed, and driving an hour (at least) in rush hour to get back to the stadium, I'm having my brother pick me up from here. Just hoping finding the right parking lot and the GA queue doesnt add too much time to that. Hope to be in line by 3:30.