08/19/16 - Los Angeles, CA - Dodger Stadium

RussTCB

5 hours ago, Modano09 said:

What fans? The like 5% that are upset Adler isn't the full-time drummer? The same fans that would've sold their soul just to have Slash and Axl together again? Dodger Stadium sold out because Axl and Slash were back together, Adler's introduction was met with polite applause. The vast majority don't care if he's there or not.

I was at the show last night, and I can tell you that it was a lot more than polite applause for Adler in the section I was in ;)

8 hours ago, Modano09 said:

But he's not. While people on here and complaining about Adler not being the drummer like 99% of the world is jazzed that GNR are back together and putting on amazing shows. 

99% of the world haha. Hyperbole of the highest order. They were not even selling out their second dates this time round and will be back in the arenas if they ever decide to tour the United States again.

• Like 1

About those models, it is standard prosedure at every rock show, nothing new, please move along.

Steven. I play drums myself, and every song from uyi is not hard to play. That is a fact! Of course Steven will nail the songs. The question is, will he survive a tour? Personally, I think he will.

But is he willing to play chinese stuff? I am not so sure.

About 2 LA gig. I showed a friend of mine ( casual gnr fan) last nighs gig, and he was stunned! 

He could not believe what I showed him. Yes, alcohol was involved, but when I showed him Coma, he went fucking crazy. Was a good night :-D

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

99% of the world haha. Hyperbole of the highest order. They were not even selling out their second dates this time round and will be back in the arenas if they ever decide to tour the United States again.

second dates…  so…  they are selling like 150k tickets for two shows…  for you its a failure…  go figure… 

• Like 4

I watched these videos more than 50 times, its just hard to believe. Axl, Slash, Duff and Steven on one stage.

Axl saying Slash, Mr. Duff Mckagan and Mr. Steven Adler

This is really a dream come true.

4/5

We just need the last puzzle. 

14 minutes ago, Packersfan#4#12 said:

The LA concerts looked great! The band was on fire! Unfortunately we have quite a few micro managing people who are on this board who would be upset if it was sunny and 75 degrees out only because it's not 76. Enjoy the damn tour 

Don't let the man hold you down brah.  

17 hours ago, Evil Doer said:

some of you want to risk an entire stadium tour on steven adler being clean and reliable????  whether he can play all the songs or not, i wouldn't trust the guy as far as i could throw him.  frank is reliable and does a good job.  

They are fucking crazy, i know he is the first drummer, but to risk it all, i don't think so.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, lassie said:

They are fucking crazy, i know he is the first drummer, but to risk it all, i don't think so.

Nothing wrong if Steven plays all the AFD songs and anyways Frank is there to "save" the show if "something" happens to Steven. 

13 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Nothing wrong if Steven plays all the AFD songs and anyways Frank is there to "save" the show if "something" happens to Steven. 

It's not so simple, I'm afraid. The "something" could cause drama that no one needs right now.

15 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Yes that could work, but don't know if Frank will go along with it, but maybe Adler could do 5 songs at every show.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

It's not so simple, I'm afraid. The "something" could cause drama that no one needs right now.

Steven has played in Adlers Appetite and in Adler, I saw him live playing all the GNR songs with his band, he sounded fantastic, had so much energy and nothing happened to him. 

Some of you just see Steven as a minority and Axl/Slash as Gods that something can happen to Steven, but nothing can happen to Slash or Axl and they have done nothing. 

If you see the past record, Axl is the most unreliable person. 

• Like 2

Axl doesn't seem to be unreliable anymore though.

And like I said in an earlier post, Axl is irreplacable. Even if he still were a risk, they'd just have to take that risk or have no tour at all.

But Steven is a risk they don't have to take if they don't want to, he's perfectly replacable, so that's why they're not giving him anything more than a few guest spots. And I can't say I blame them. Why take unnecessary risks in a business that you don't have to take when 97% of your customers (aka the audience) don't really give a fuck anyway? 

And yeah, like @Blackstar said, Steven could also cause unnecessary tension and drama. What if it was Slash who pushed for Steven's inclusion (like some people here claim, though I've never seen proof of that), Steven fucks up somehow and then Axl gets pissed at Slash? Shit like that is just not necessary, especially when things are still so new and fragile.

Edited by Frey

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

Steven has played in Adlers Appetite and in Adler, I saw him live playing all the GNR songs with his band, he sounded fantastic, had so much energy and nothing happened to him. 

Some of you just see Steven as a minority and Axl/Slash as Gods that something can happen to Steven, but nothing can happen to Slash or Axl and they have done nothing

If you see the past record, Axl is the most unreliable person. 

I have never said or implied anything like that. I like Steven's drumming and I'd want him to be there full time. I don't want to repeat or quote myself, my post about the reasoning for which, imo, Steven couldn't be touring with the band full time right now is on page 24 of this thread. In addition to that and what @Freysaid above about the drama, if something happened with Steven and they fired him again, Steven would unlikely accept it and he would talk publicly, then they would have to give their version etc.

Edited by Blackstar