Why won't they promote the tour?

*Start of Tour Press Junket*

Question 1: Axl, you said and I quote - "not in this lifetime" - referring to a reunion with Slash, what changed?..... One more question....Where's Izzy? Matt Sorum? Will you be the lead singer of AC/DC? Why were you late for all your shows during the 90's? 

Axl: KMP-DVD0082.jpg

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

*Start of Tour Press Junket*

Question 1: Axl, you said and I quote - "not in this lifetime" - referring to a reunion with Slash, what changed?..... One more question....Where's Izzy? Matt Sorum? Will you be the lead singer of AC/DC? Why were you late for all your shows during the 90's? 

Axl: KMP-DVD0082.jpg

This is exactly how I picture this going down.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spirit said:

The reunion has been well covered in the news. One must have been living under a rock not to have registered that the guys are back together.

When the news first broke, it was headlining everywhere.

They could have made an effort promoting the tour itself with some appearances and interviews, but the tour has been well promoted in other manners. Both online, radio, TV and billboards around the cities.

An interview on national television would arguably make the most impact though, I agree on that.

I think they should appear on one of the late night shows. That way they can control what questions are asked.

• Like 1

I do think the issues around the band are tricky and potentially damaging. I'm surprised there hasn't be a "Axl calls Slash a liar" article based on the CE interview on Alt nation, but I think that's why Axl did the interview with China Exchange a non-rock media group. Nothing gets sensationalized or questioned or put in some weird rock context. You know like a huge lead in biased introduction. Anyone who does that didn't get the interview so they look biased. 

I just think inspite of their differences they are doing it. And Slash's answer could be that was just how I saw it at the time, I'm over it now so who cares? 

So the answers might be underwhelming, kind of fudgy. Also they have a common interest, so the days of them throwing Axl under the bus or Axl being pissed they destroyed him are gone because he survived. 

Duff probably convinced Axl it wasn't what Axl thought, just give him a chance, and so far Slash isn't getting fucked up or causing Axl problems. 

Edited by wasted
Delude
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, highvoltage said:

This is exactly how I picture this going down.

That's actually an easy one. Not in this Lifetime was about getting the AFD line up back together. That's why the tour is called NITL. So it's not a reunion. 

Jimmy: Just don't tell anyone else that, okay? 

Both Axl and Slash look at camera. Who me?

The advertising budget for this tour is probably higher than any other major tour this year. Tours don't actually get a lot of marketing budget, its a lot of word-of-mouth. In terms of promoting, do you just mean interviews? If Axl and company suddenly did a bunch of interviews, do we really think that would make an impact on sales? That would just appease the people who were already going.

• Like 3

Leading up to last night DET was allegedly a "poor/slow" sales show correct?    From what I have seen so far and by all accounts it was packed and a kick ass show.  I'm guessing they will be just fine.   Even the night 2's that allegedly are looking like ghost towns on TM maps will be just fine.  Fuck GnR are back on top of the world.  I love it!   Axl Fucking Rose is back boys m girls....Guns are back!   

The biggest rock radio station in KC has been promoting the fuck out of the show for a couple weeks now. I was listening a lot at work last week, and pretty much every commercial break, the GnR commercial played. (Axl on Jungle intro from Live Era- wake up! Time to dieeee!) I think a nice little buzz is building for it here...

It has been really silent from GNR

but in this day and age Rihanna,Miley & others is what the majority like nowadays 

I guess GNR know that the die hards will follow the latest news and go to the shows anyway without PR

2 hours ago, Hasan--97 said:

It has been really silent from GNR

but in this day and age Rihanna,Miley & others is what the majority like nowadays 

I guess GNR know that the die hards will follow the latest news and go to the shows anyway without PR

Many bands still give interviews to more web based rock outlets like Loudwire.