Perfect Crime on the Setlist for Detroit

3 hours ago, North Korean Democracy X said:

Maybe that Sorry it's not Chinese Democracy's Sorry. Maybe it's a cover of Justin Bieber's Sorry. Y'all know that Axl loves to cover songs.

I lold :lol:

Bieber's Sorry is a much better song than Axl's.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Perfect Crime is overrated. People should be excited to see Guns perform Sorry. It's been four years already, I mean it's one of the best guitar solo in the catalogue.

I disagree, in that I think Perfect Crime is underrated. But hey, it's the old different tastes for different people deal. That's cool.

I do think it would be incredibly interesting to hear them play Sorry. It would be one hella talked about event around here, that's for damn sure!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

And out of curiosity, what would you guys think if Axl re did Perfect Crime back in 06 and made it into a completely different song...like how they made You're Crazy acoustic...

i must be the only one who prefers the NON acoustic version of You're Crazy. i like this version, the video is obviously old and not the best quality but i love seeing Axl sing this:

• Like 1

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i must be the only one who prefers the NON acoustic version of You're Crazy. i like this version, the video is obviously old and not the best quality but i love seeing Axl sing this:

I like the Lies version better than AFD one. I just think it would be interesting if we anticipate perfect crime as it was on the album and Axl turned it into a much slower version that he can still perform 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i love both versions and think they fit on their respective albums

couldn't image a acoustic song on a high octane album like AFD lol

fits really well with the acoustic style of Lies though  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Maybe those are permanent in the setlist

I hope not or we are stuck with Live and Let Die forever.

I would love to see Perfect Crime it's great song, i have no doubt Axl can pull it off since he become rasp king this year. And I think those alt. songs get played random when Axl just feels it.

20 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

This live version is incredible. Maybe one of the best Axl's performances ever.

There's another amazing performance, where the first part is the slow version and the second part is the AFD version (1:12:26):

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This live version is incredible. Maybe one of the best Axl's performances ever.

There's another amazing performance, where the first part is the slow version and the second part is the AFD version (1:12:26):

OMG yes! thanks so much for sharing :)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

I hope not or we are stuck with Live and Let Die forever.

I would love to see Perfect Crime it's great song, i have no doubt Axl can pull it off since he become rasp king this year. And I think those alt. songs get played random when Axl just feels it.

Live and Let Die isn't going anywhere, but as someone else said the stars just mean pyro 

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

I like the Lies version better than AFD one. I just think it would be interesting if we anticipate perfect crime as it was on the album and Axl turned it into a much slower version that he can still perform 

Have you heard the acoustic version of Youre Crazy from the B side of Welcome to the jungle single? I prefer that one much more over the lies one. I think that one was the real original version they planned to put on the album before they were told to make it electric

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

I like The Seeker and love American Beauty, but to see it as a staple in a Guns show is disappointing and to some extend, ridiculous.  Remove that, play Perfect Crime, goddamn it.

This.  If I'm going to see a band,  I understand people enjoy playing covers but I only wanna see one cover not 5. Plus the Godfather intro.  Nothing more. IMO play only one cover every night. Insert 4 more Lies/UYI songs in.  Lose both the jams and replace with another 2 Lies/UYI songs.  Turn the 3 CD songs into one CD song,  one VR/Snakepit/Slash solo/Loaded song,  and then make the third one a rotation. Voila! Setlist fixed!