3 hours ago, soon said:

its not pizza.  it calls its self pizza.  I'm sorry to say it was delicious:

Oh you can absolutely fuck RIGHT OFF with that muck!!!!! :lol: 

Fuckin' keeenwah pizza? What next? A fucking Ryvita fry up? :lol:

1 hour ago, AxlisOld said:

Get. Out.

i know - I kinda posted it as a confession:smiley-confused2:

I also made this.  It was good enough that Im gonna keep at it:

fermented/no knead dough.  fresh mozzarella.  Sauce made from my garden, peppers too.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
6 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

pineapple and mushroom is better

That does sounds really, really good!  I believe the Hawaiian Pizza (pineapple and ham, or bacon, or sausage) is a Canadian invention.  Perhaps thats why I just order the Hawaiian and never though too make other combos.  That one sounds better actually because theres more contrast of flavours.  Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Pishy said:

No , because you make him cry . Better to kiss him and have pineapple and mushrooms instead 

IMG_0066.JPG

Maybe Id kiss them if they'd bother to clean up a little, lol!

Why cry emoji when I said pineapple and mushroom sounds better then pineapple and ham?

The sausage could easily be tempeh sausage.  I make decent tempeh sausage that would be perfect on it!  (I grow a lot of vegetable proteins!)

• Like 1

On 7/18/2016 at 6:20 AM, Len Cnut said:

Anything i can get my hands on that aint junk food basically, steaks, grilled chicken, baked potatoes, lots of fish etc.  Limited me a fair bit actually :lol:

Excellent to go junk free, now cut the meat. You can get protein from vegetables and throw in tempeh, lentils and tofu. Need to take a B12 supplement.  Or keep just the fish 

Animals want to live too plus you get bonuses: fit for life, look 10 solid years younger and you won't get cancer or interstitial fat, a win for all!

8 minutes ago, soon said:

Maybe Id kiss them if they'd bother to clean up a little, lol!

Why cry emoji when I said pineapple and mushroom sounds better then pineapple and ham?

The sausage could easily be tempeh sausage.  I make decent tempeh sausage that would be perfect on it!  (I grow a lot of vegetable proteins!)

Oh I read the part about triple bacon Canadian type thing and it meant using more cute little oinky creatures. 

They'll clean up! They are so cute, I visited a pig sanctuary and one all black pig named Elvis, took a shine to me. I hugged him and he shot forward like a rocket. Apparently snakes also 'hug' them. But he turned around and came back! They're so smart. And they have a lot on their minds, he was such a talker. 

Tempeh is great, far more nutritionally valuable than meat . I need to learn from you how to cook it because mine is plain and well, plain. I've had Italian sausage seitan but it was already prepared . 

You definitely have an amazing garden , I've seen the photos and wish I lived there instead of amongst concrete and rat droppings😂

5 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Oh I read the part about triple bacon Canadian type thing and it meant using more cute little oinky creatures. 

They'll clean up! They are so cute, I visited a pig sanctuary and one all black pig named Elvis, took a shine to me. I hugged him and he shot forward like a rocket. Apparently snakes also 'hug' them. But he turned around and came back! They're so smart. And they have a lot on their minds, he was such a talker. 

Tempeh is great, far more nutritionally valuable than meat . I need to learn from you how to cook it because mine is plain and well, plain. I've had Italian sausage seitan but it was already prepared . 

You definitely have an amazing garden , I've seen the photos and wish I lived there instead of amongst concrete and rat droppings😂

Oh, I see. No, the mushrooms and pineapple sounds really good to me. Ive actually somewhat recently started to have a vegan day and a vegetarian day each week.  The vegan day is so far Chinese fried rice or quinoa (no egg) and a brand name cereal with high veggie protein so Im looking got expand on that.  We should definitely trade recipes!?!?

That sounds incredible to have a little pig friend!  So awesome you take the time to visit them at the sanctuary.

Thanks for saying so about my garden.  It really is a privilege.  A bit of light through one window might just be enough to get you some peppermint for tea!!  Or even to regrow store bought carrots from their base!!  But sometimes city life can completely deny the chance to grow any food, for sure.  I use some LED grow lights indoors too.  Speaking of the concrete jungle, my one garden in the city is being dug up due to lead contamination - and its a perennial one no less - booooooo!

Speaking of mushrooms, Im about to start some indoors.  Crimini (which are baby portebelo and can also grow for a few days more to become that) don't need light!!  

36 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh, I see. No, the mushrooms and pineapple sounds really good to me. Ive actually somewhat recently started to have a vegan day and a vegetarian day each week.  The vegan day is so far Chinese fried rice or quinoa (no egg) and a brand name cereal with high veggie protein so Im looking got expand on that.  We should definitely trade recipes!?!?

That sounds incredible to have a little pig friend!  So awesome you take the time to visit them at the sanctuary.

Thanks for saying so about my garden.  It really is a privilege.  A bit of light through one window might just be enough to get you some peppermint for tea!!  Or even to regrow store bought carrots from their base!!  But sometimes city life can completely deny the chance to grow any food, for sure.  I use some LED grow lights indoors too.  Speaking of the concrete jungle, my one garden in the city is being dug up due to lead contamination - and its a perennial one no less - booooooo!

Speaking of mushrooms, Im about to start some indoors.  Crimini (which are baby portebelo and can also grow for a few days more to become that) don't need light!!  

I read a little on the recipe thread and you all had some very impressive accomplishments in the kitchen. Quinoa is excellent and that rice sounds good. I would love to trade recipes but I'm afraid you'll feel cheated.  But I have learned some Asian dishes, thai, Chinese and Vietnamese if those interest you. 

The garden sounds complex but maybe I can try the mint. How about parsley and dill? Anything green I just wash and eat so that would be great. I might have to move first...I feed the pigeons on the ledges of the windows and have raised a dozen of the ones that evil neighbors hit or threw below, they all visit often and can be quite pushy. One tore a hole in the screen and comes inside when he wants. 

Sorry about the lead :( Can you re-grow later? 

You can use the mushrooms you grow indoors on the pizza! And invite the pig to partake :rofl-lol:

9 hours ago, Pishy said:

I read a little on the recipe thread and you all had some very impressive accomplishments in the kitchen. Quinoa is excellent and that rice sounds good. I would love to trade recipes but I'm afraid you'll feel cheated.  But I have learned some Asian dishes, thai, Chinese and Vietnamese if those interest you. 

The garden sounds complex but maybe I can try the mint. How about parsley and dill? Anything green I just wash and eat so that would be great. I might have to move first...I feed the pigeons on the ledges of the windows and have raised a dozen of the ones that evil neighbors hit or threw below, they all visit often and can be quite pushy. One tore a hole in the screen and comes inside when he wants. 

Sorry about the lead :( Can you re-grow later? 

You can use the mushrooms you grow indoors on the pizza! And invite the pig to partake :rofl-lol:

I know very few Asian dishes so that would be awesome!

The only trick for a lot of herbs is that they can grow in lower light and a bit of cool, but you gotta get them to a certain size first - they need lots of love to get established.  If you can buy a seedling?  I havent had as much luck with dill indoors, but definitely parsley!  Mint, peppermint and lemon balm grow like weeds - they basically are. Chives, scallions are good too.  Just thought if you were interested, its not for everyone :) 

Yeah thanks, its rather sad.  Id spent a lot of time and effort on that garden this year.  I can replant after they take the soil and replace it.  The new layout wont be to my preferences either.  The end of an era. But what I dont know how to do is over winter all my lovey perennials out of the garden.  And the frost hit hard last night!!  Todays the day to figure it out.

:) I think pigeons coming inside and sharing meals with a pig is something Id have to build towards.  Thats sounds really special that they wanted to come in and say hi!  You must have a really good thing going with them!

11 hours ago, soon said:

I know very few Asian dishes so that would be awesome!

Yeah thanks, its rather sad.  Id spent a lot of time and effort on that garden this year.  I can replant after they take the soil and replace it.  The new layout wont be to my preferences either.  The end of an era. But what I dont know how to do is over winter all my lovey perennials out of the garden.  And the frost hit hard last night!!  Todays the day to figure it out.

:) I think pigeons coming inside and sharing meals with a pig is something Id have to build towards.  Thats sounds really special that they wanted to come in and say hi!  You must have a really good thing going with them!

@soon glad you're interested in the dishes, you probably have most of the vegetables in your garden. 

I'm surprised they are admitting to the lead and addressing it, that's not something I hear often around here.  You can't transport the perennials, will they die? Did you come up with a strategy? 

I am very interested in growing things, appreciate the suggestions.  Mint is good, you can make a breakfast 'pizza' by taking pita bread and putting some goat cheese on there then top it with fresh parsley, basil, mint and either yellow or green onion and have radishes on the side (they roll away unless you chop). Drink tea.

15 hours ago, Pishy said:

@soon glad you're interested in the dishes, you probably have most of the vegetables in your garden. 

I'm surprised they are admitting to the lead and addressing it, that's not something I hear often around here.  You can't transport the perennials, will they die? Did you come up with a strategy? 

I am very interested in growing things, appreciate the suggestions.  Mint is good, you can make a breakfast 'pizza' by taking pita bread and putting some goat cheese on there then top it with fresh parsley, basil, mint and either yellow or green onion and have radishes on the side (they roll away unless you chop). Drink tea.

That breakfast pizza sounds so good!  Get yourself to the homecooking thread! 

Another city did their own soil test and used new standards for contamination and it kinda forced the Province to raise the bar too.  The perennials were already starting to go dormant but not yet loose their green, so Im worried about the stress of transplanting them to containers just in time for them to have their green die off and be covered in snow.  Hopefully.  I havent heard back for the Master Gardeners yet about it.