What I/you/we don't like about the reunion so far...

Guys, lets collect the anger in an own thread. I hope it will stay in the main section.

Here are a few points that I don't like so far. Its my own opinion of course.

-slashs, duffs and melissas contributions to CD material are disillusioning. Slashs solos sound improvised and saulless (except for TWAT).

-the interaction between the band members on and off stage seems to be very professional. Steven Adler was an absolute highlight which broke this impression.

-the band is rushing from song to song. Franks drumming is too fast and not smooth enough.

-dizzy looks almost useless and isolated.

-4tus and Slash doesn't fit perfectly together. 

-melissa is cool and you can see that she is proud to be part of gnr, but I don't know what is the Plan with her musically.

-too many boring covers. KOHD 2016 is the worst version of the song yet. Wish you were here / Layla makes no sense to me. The Seeker is boring. Riff Raff and whole Lotta Rosie were much better.

-the nonexcisting interaction with the fans outside the concerts is getting ridiculous. Its 2016.

-it seems like all of them have a gag order.

-no slither or slash material, but a lot of CD material and boring covers...

-it feels more like slash and Duff joined a chinese democracy tour...not a reunion tour...

-too less elements from the past are being used on this reunion tour...no uyi intros by slash, no artwork from the past...

-the lack of new material

-the setlist is not varied enough

The biggest thing I dont like is the constant bitching and moaning from a couple people on this forum. Opinions are one thing, but certain people are in every show thread spewing the same things over and over. And complaining about unimportant shit or throwing a Fit because things arent being done to their liking. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but at some point, they have to Accept its not THEIR BAND. Things are being done the way The Big 3 want to do things. People need to stop bending and twisting things to fit their skewed views or their narrative. 

Enjoy what is going on for what it is. Enjoy it while It lasts because we dont know when its going to END. For all we know, one of them could Croak tomorrow and this shit is over. Stop wasting energy Knitpicking every little thing. Slash can play solos how he wants, He's the one up there with the Les Paul slung over his shoulders. I've never heard him cover a song and then play the solo how they were played on record. Hes never copied Joe Perry, or Billy Gibbons or Angus Young. Why the FUCK would he try to copy Solos by Robin Finck, or Buckethead, or Bumblefoot? And when he feels like it he'll deviate from the solos on his own tunes because HE CAN and WANTS TO and as the Writer of Said solos he CAN DO AS HE PLEASES WITH THEM.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, maxpax said:

Guys, lets collect the anger in an own thread. I hope it will stay in the main section.

-slashs, duffs and melissas contributions to CD material are disillusioning. Slashs solos sound improvised and saulless (except for TWAT).

-the interaction between the band members on and off stage seems to be very professional. Steven Adler was an absolute highlight which broke this impression.

-the band is rushing from song to song. Franks drumming is too fast and not smooth enough.

-melissa is cool and you can see that she is proud to be part of gnr, but I don't know what is the Plan with her musically.

-too many boring covers. KOHD 2016 is the worst version of the song yet. Wish you were here / Layla makes no sense to me. The Seeker is boring. Riff Raff and whole Lotta Rosie were much better.

-the nonexcisting interaction with the fans outside the concerts is getting ridiculous. Its 2016.

-it feels more like slash and Duff joined a chinese democracy tour...not a reunion tour...

-too less elements from the past are being used on this reunion tour...no uyi intros by slash, no artwork from the past...

How many shows have you been to ?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, maxpax said:

You must be fun at dinner parties

"Thanks for the invite but your chicken is cooked too dry, the wine is merlot and not the good kind, the cranberry sauce is too sweet, the chairs are too hard so it hurts my butt when I sit, Michelle you are a nice person but you talk too much, etc."

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

It's not the real band. It's the Big Three plus some random jobbers. And Dizzy.

This is the main problem of this band, poor Dizzy is always in a separated group . :no:

Edited by Epson
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

No offence but most of these objections are bullshit.  It's like you want them to recreate some kinda idea in your head, things don't work like that.  You can't expect people to play pitch perfect like they did 30 years ago, NOBODY does that, nobody on earth does that.  Go google Little Richard in 1955...then check out him doing the exact same songs in 1970s...they sound different.  If you want other band members or whatever, OK, i can see those objections making some kind of sense, were i still someone who gave two shits about GnR I'd want Izzy on the squad...but Jesus Lord, the drumming is slightly faster or they go from song to song quicker, thats just a bunch of bullshit, you can't dictate the minutia on performance to performers...and why would you be so exacting, you take all the fun out of musical performances, go to the fuckin' gig, get loaded and throw yourself about the place, it's rock n roll music, it's not meant to hold up to such scrutiny.  'the solos sound improvised', yeah, probably because they are, how many bands go out there and replicate exactly whats on the record, when did Slash even do that during the Illusions or Appetite era, how many guitarists in general do that?

I don't mean this to apply just to the OP, just a broad reflection of a lot of objections about nowadays, what we've got here *ahem* is what people on this forum have been crying out for since decades (95% of it anyway) , enjoy it.  Honestly, some of yous sound bored and not with GnR either.

Good points, mate. But i don't think the people are complaining about the playing...its the vibe. KOHD is the best example for it...just sing and play it with the same passion you do nightrain, wttj, don't cry, etc...and if you can not or do not want to...then kick it out of the setlist. CD material f.ex. has a horrible vibe in general...thats why I don't like it in the reunion setlist...Slash said about sympathy for the devil that it is the sound of a band falling apart...isn't CD almost the same case? 

14 minutes ago, starlight said:

This topic is going to be locked/moved soon

You're welcome.

I'm of the idea that the people who still find things to complain about are people who are unable to enjoy anything in life... jesus! This is really big! We don't even know how long this will last. Enjoy it as it is. Be grateful.

• Like 1

I have been to 2 x LV 2 x Coachella , Detroit/Washington/Kansas City/Chicago - I'm not trying to be rude but the fact you are making lists like this and thinking this hard about these fabricated issues, implies you really need to go out and do something productive, see a show and just plain stop it ! You're talking total shit mate.

• Like 1

The constant Adler and set list complaints.

Slash and Axl re-uniting was unthinkable two years ago, now the near impossible has happened, the band seems to be happy, GNR is relevant and invigorated, and people are complaining that the unreliable drummer isn't in the band and the set list is boring because they've watched every show on someone's cell phone.

• Like 2

One thing that I dislike about this regrouping is the constant whining and bitching about the exact same things in every thread.

A year ago it seemed like there was absolutely no hope for GNR anymore. Now we have Slash and Duff back, Axl is looking and sounding the best he has since 2010! How in the name of God is it possible to complain?! 

The whole tour is a pile of shit if you ask me.

I swear Axl only agreed to this reunion so he could continue doing the same show with almost the exact same setlist, without putting in the effort to record new music.... he knew that he wouldn't be able to continue doing that with Ron/DJ, so his lazy ass called up Slash and Duff so he could continue with the cashgrab, travelling karaoke act for another few years...

• Like 2

My first post...

I created my account because of getting all the best information about the reunion and all the US shows !        

...what I get is threads like "What we don't like"... or discussions about CD songs - yes or no !?

Many of the members here are hoping that someday, sombody from the Guns, or a person who is close to the band is coming up to the forum..

...I really hope that will never ever happen, because of all that negative vibes and posts !

To be critical or having different opinions on this or that,  is totally ok and necessary in everybody's life!

But holly shit this reunion is a true becoming fairytale, so let's enjoy !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maxpax said:

As always. LOL

I have nothing against people complaining, I love reading everyones point of view but you better prepare yourselves to get exactly more of all those things you don't like. GNR won't change anything, all the opposite.